• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,131 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,131

Rule 44

Domination of Equestria - T+30 - days.

“Heh, there would be no better reward than fighting the Mare of Honesty herself. Worry not great Overlord, we will see her brought back.”
“See that you do.”

“We won’t be seeing them again I bet.”
“No Master?”

“A Mercenary who doesn’t want to be paid doesn’t want to live.”
“Is that so Master?”

“In my experience.”
“There is one more group awaiting your pleasure?”

“Do these ones have more fur pelts than weapons?”
“No Master?”

“Send them in then.”

“So you’re the new Overlord eh?”
“That I am. You’re responding to the bounty?”

“Yea, we are. We’re a band of ten, we have at least four kills each. Some of our longer members many more.”
“That’s impressive. Care to share your secret?”

“No secret. Just straight up killing. I take my axe, and I plant it in their head.”
“I like you already. You know who I want?”

“Yea, The Apple mare, Applejack, right? You realise that what you’re offering for trying to take on one of the Elements of Harmony is too low right? We won’t do it for anything less than five thousand Bits. Each.”
“Really? You think you’re worth that much?”

“We’re worth every Bit. We don’t fight, we don’t get paid. We don’t get paid, we don’t eat. Simple as.”
“Now I really like you. Very well, six thousand bits each when you bring her body to my throne here in Canterlot.”

“Six? Huh. There a bonus for alive?”
“No. Dead or alive, you get the same. Offering more for a living target encourages bad behaviour.”

“Really? Well in that case you’ll get her as she comes then. But we promise, we’ll get her.”
“You seem quite driven.”

“Well yea, there’s a new Plasma TV I fancy and I’m not going to get it by pissing around.”
“Do you have a business card? I think I may have more work for you once you’re back from the Badlands.”

Overlord Rule No:44 I will only employ bounty hunters who work for money. Those who work for the pleasure of the hunt tend to do dumb things like even the odds to give the other guy a sporting chance.