• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,131 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,131

Rule 3

Domination of Equestria - T-24 days.

It was dark in the Ponyville records office, despite the glowing orbs of magic hovering around the sole occupant. A single Alicorn furiously going through family records from across Equestria at a furious pace.

Come on Twilight, think. THINK. There’s got to be somepony who knows this guy!
Parents are dead, mother died young, father remarried, then died a couple of years ago in an accident.. Siblings, dead, also in accidents. There actually seemed to be a lot of accidents recorded in relation to this family. If it wasn’t for the fact that Equestria was in the middle of a brutal and bloody takeover there would probably be plenty of cause for deeper investigation into several of these ‘accidents’.

What’s this? A younger brother from the second marriage? Used to be in charge of a major corporation before he disappeared. Within two months of his disappearance the elder brother assumed full control of all his assets, wealth, corporate facilities, everything. So that’s how the ‘Overlord’ got the resources to take over Equestria!

Twilight was appalled, naturally. The idea of harming your own family for personal gain went so against her natural grain that she nearly lost her lunch then and there. Still, he was listed as missing, he could still be alive. If she could find him, maybe, just maybe, there was a chance. He could assume control of his stolen life again, the country hadn’t fallen yet, control of the legislature was still in the hooves of good (mostly) decent (sometimes) ponies. She couldn't rely on that once the take over was finished.

It was another couple of hours in the gloom of the records office before she finally did lose her lunch. There, on the table was a photo. The photo was part of a newspaper article from the Manehatten Herald.

Missing Businesspony found dead in the harbour. All his vital organs removed.

Overlord Rule No:3 My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.