• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,131 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,131

Rule 67

Domination of Equestria - T+37 days.

“All troops, spread out! I want every corridor saturated with guards.”
“Sir, yes sir!”

“Come on Folded Steel, we’re taking this one.”
“Copper Shield? I’m with you? Awesome. Isn’t this the corridor with the damaged camera?”

“Yea, it’s just up ahead. Guns out, you ready?”
“Ready to smoke some rebel skum? Hells yea, always.”

“Right, here’s the corner, on three.
One,
Two,
Three!”
“Clear!”

“Yea, clear. Lemme look at that camera.”
“Huh? Why?”

“Yea, thought so. Simple short. These were thrown up in a hurry. See right here? Under the back plate the inner wires aren’t screwed in right.”
“Yea, you’re right. So that’s why we’ve been having so many full scale alerts lately?”

“Yeup. Whoever installed these did it on the cheap. Cheap and nasty.”
“Wait, it wouldn’t happen to be that guy in the courtyard would it?”

“Security Conscious? Yea it was his contract. Thing is, turned out some of it was deliberate.”
“What?”

“Yea, he loosened the wires on an unknown number of cameras while his team was installing them.”
“Oh man. How did they find out?”

“He was caught in the raid on that last meeting of Rabble Rousers.”
“Yea? I heard of that one. Didn’t catch the ring leader though.”

“No, unfortunately. Right. I’m done here. Control, can you see me now?”
”Yeup, we’ve got your ugly mug waving at us on feed now. Clean your hooves dude, they’re filthy”

“Hah, yea. Will do. Hey Copper, wanna go to the pub later?”
“Sounds great. While we’re at it you can show me how you did that with the camera without calling tech.”

“Sure. It’s pretty easy actually…”

Overlord Rule No:67 No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a full-scale emergency.