• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 7. A vacuum cleaner and a water ballad.

Ch 7.


I wake up and throw the book of off me. Ugh… my head, it hurts. Maybe I should drink some water. Yea… why don´t I do that. Reading that stupid book yesterday didn´t teach me anything.

I walk into the kitchen, not really looking where I’m going. So, naturally, I walk into the only thing standing in my way. Namely a rainbow colored mare.

“Hey, watch were you are going, Wings.” Rainbow yells at me while shoving me a bit back.

“Sorry, I just woke up. And please don´t yell, my head hurts. That stupid book didn´t help anything, it just contained all the muscles a pony can pull.” I say while stretching my legs. That bucking yesterday did a number on my muscles, the all hurt. Even muscles that I didn´t know I had.

“All the muscles a pony can pull? That must me a thick book then. And why are all those books on my table anyway?” Rainbow asks while grabbing a pan from the cupboard.

“Applejack said that my bucking wasn´t good enough so she gave me this cartload of books about bucking. Oh, and a cartload of muscle pains. That too.” I say while grabbing a glass of water and downing at once.

“Damn, Wings, you thirsty. But if you want to get stronger you can use my training room upstairs instead of making an even bigger egghead out of you.” She says while grabbing some stuff out of the pantry.

“An even bigger egghead? I didn´t even think that that was even possible.” I say while pouring me another. “What are you making? More soup?”

“Nah, today I´m making hayburgers.” She says while grabbing some slabs of compressed hay from the fridge and sliding them into the pan with some oil.

“Sounds nice. Haven´t had those in a while.” I say while smelling the pan. It smells a bit like hamburgers, which shouldn´t be possible.

“Mine are the best. I use a recipe from my mother. The only ones better than mine are hers.” She flips some burgers and lets the smell float through the air.

“I am looking forward to it. Let me clear the books up and put some plates on the table.” I say while walking out of the kitchen. I clear up the books and put them on the couch, on which my print was clearly visible. I put two plates on the table and the accompanying silverware.

I sit back down on the couch and look through another one of the books: “The right way to buck; The Apple way.” This one was written by a member of the Apple family (The title was a dead give-away) and gave a bit more information on bucking. Like the power of the kick and the angle and the yaw and the correct girth of the legs of the bucker. And then two chapters come with a collection of mathematical stuff I am too lazy to read or understand. I like to read, but food lurks and that is a lot more important that reading right now.

The thing that wakes me from my reading trance is the wonderful smell of meat. And then I realize that it isn´t meat, but fried hay. Which is a nice new sort of food, but I´m going to miss meat. Maybe I can ask Fluttershy for some dead bunnies. Maybe I shouldn´t ask her that, otherwise she maybe have a heart attack. And the result of that would that everyone would get a heart attack, because no one can life without Fluttershy.

“Food´s ready. To the table.” I hear Rainbow yell from behind me.

“Coming!” I yell back and I put the nearest thing in the book for a page keeper, namely the corner of a pillow.

I sit down at the table and wait until Rainbow has finished carrying the pan onto the table. She made a small veggie salad and a large amount of hayburgers. Enough to feed the whole Apple family.

“Dig in or else it´ll only get cold.” She says while shoving 2 or 3 hayburgers onto her plate. “I think that you should take some before I eat them all.” And, true to her word, as soon as she is finished speaking she eats one in almost one bite and swallows it whole. I don´t wait and put 2 hayburgers on my plate and some of the veggie salad too.

I think one of Rainbow´s parent´s must be a vacuum cleaner, because she sucks in her food like one. I get now why she made such a large pile. There goes number 1… 2… 3… 4… and this keeps going until she hits 17. I only ate 3 in the same time window. And I´m glad that I took some of the veggie salad or else I would´ve starved to death.

So after Rainbow is finished sucking up all the food I tell her to lay down a bit while I will go clean the dishes.

She doesn´t even say a word and just goes to the couch, shoves all my books on the ground and lays down on the couch. I hear snoring emerge from the couch not a moment later.

I shove the plates on my back and grab the pan with my mouth. Damn, that feels uncomfortable. I walk into the kitchen and shove everything with a loud clang into the sink. I hope I didn´t break anything. I turn on the water faucet.

10 seconds later I am drenched, the dirty plates are completely dry and somehow the whole floor is covered in water. Water on a cloud, the pegasi just disrespect the laws of physics. And Rainbow isn´t wet or awake, so that is a good thing.

I grab a mop from the closet and start mopping up the water. If pegasi disrespect the laws of physics that I can do that too.

I think that I maybe can respect the laws of nature for once and try if moving a plate through will clean it. Somehow it does. And it makes my work a lot easier. I am done within a couple of minutes.

After I´m done I decide to get dry myself, so I walk into the main room and shake my wings a little to get the water out of them. I think I forget to warn Rainbow, because soon I have a screaming mare on my tail, not quite unlike a banshee.

Author's Note:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE chapters.
It might slow down just a bit, because my holiday is over. and i have a week of tests on the horizon.
Feedback is a neccesary part of a writer´s diet, otherwise he or she will die.
Until next time

PreviousChapters Next