• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 19. Surprise!

Ch 19. Surprise!

I wipe the sweat from my brow as I put the last trash bag outside the cave. I stands near a large pile of bags that almost reaches the same height as the cave.

“Are we done?” I ask Fluttershy who is still inside the cave.

“I think we are. Mister Bear, do want any more help.” I hear Fluttershy asking the bear. Please say no, I am in no mood to do anything else.

I hear some more talking going on inside the cave and then I see Fluttershy walking out, carrying something in her mouth.

“So we’re done?” I ask as she approaches me.

“We are and he even gave us some of his special honey, isn’t he a nice bear.” Fluttershy says around the small pot that is in her mouth. She puts it down in front of me and I pick it up, looking at the contents. It has a clear, yellow honey in it. I try to swirl it around, but even when I shake it clings to the bottom. I wonder what is so special about it, but it can wait.

“Do you need my help for anything else?” I ask as I hoof the jar back to her.

“I don’t think so, no. Would you like to have a sandwich with some of this honey?” She asks as we start walking towards the edge of the clearing.

“Sure, that would be nice.” I say as we walk past the first trees and into the denser forest. We exchange some small talk as we make the walk towards the road on the edge of the Everfree.

We walk towards her cottage and as soon as some animals notice they fly towards her and start making every kind of that sound that they could make.

Fluttershy listens patiently and then gasp a bit. “O my, I forgot to feed them.” She then flies of to her cottage with more speed that I can even muster and she leaves me standing here. The animals realize that she has left and quickly follow her into the cottage. I roll my eyes and follow the herd of critters into the cottage.

I sit down on the couch as Fluttershy goes around with several bags of feed, filling all sorts or trays, cups, basked with small piles of feed. After a couple of minutes she’s done and she puts the bags in a cupboard. She walks into the kitchen and emerges with a plate, a knife, a couple slices bread and the jar of honey.

She sits down next to and starts making a couple of slices with honey. She hoofs one over to me and I thank her. I dig in as she makes one for herself.

The honey tastes very good. It tastes very sweet and very smooth and the aftertaste has a taste that I can’t quite lay my hoof on. “This tastes very good.” I say through a mouthful of bread and honey.

Fluttershy agrees silently and chew on. “Would you like another one?” She asks when she finishes hers.

“Sure, why not?” I say as a couple of small critters sit around Fluttershy and look at her with begging eyes.

“Do you want some too?” Fluttershy says to them as she starts breaking the bread into smaller pieces. The critters make some more noise that she interprets as a yes. She starts giving the pieces of bread to the animals and soon she is out of bread, leaving only the jar of honey.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Should I get some more bread?” Fluttershy asks as she wipes some crumbs of her lap. The whole floor in front of us is litters with half-eaten pieces of bread, crumbs and eating animals. It is almost as bad as mister Bear’s cave.

“Nah, I’m good.” Once Fluttershy cleared out all the critter I can finally move around normally again. I stand up and stretch a bit, popping my wings a bit. Hope that it won’t be bad for my wings, because I am no mood for more wing injuries. “I think that I should go back to the orchard and help Applejack some more.”

“Oh, ok. I will see you next time.” Fluttershy says, sounding a bit disappointed. “Maybe you can give this to Applejack.” She says as she hoofs me the jar of honey.

“Sure, ” I say as I take the jar. “I’m sure she’ll appreciate it. See ya.” I say to Fluttershy as I walk out of the door.

I walk along the path to the orchard and I the sun is about three quarters of the way. I grip the jar and see if my slow way of flapping is any faster.

It isn’t; I guess that I just have walk again. As I have said many times before: I need to learn to fly. So I go along the path, having put the jar on my back. Walking with one in my hoof is very annoying and somehow balancing on my back works without letting it fall all the time.

So I walk towards the orchard and I don’t see much long the way, just a few ponies whom I greet.

How should I break to them that I have been watching them for a long time. Not actually watching, but still; it would be weird to know that somepony has seen your life without even begin there. Knowing Twilight I would have to explain everything and I have no idea how this has happened, except that Discord is involved which makes it kind of is self-explanatory.

I hear a rustle in the woods as I approach the orchard. I don’t pay much attention to and walk along. I walk through the gate and towards the barn. The orchard is quiet, a bit too quiet for my liking.

I walk towards the barn and swing open the large door. It is completely dark inside. “Hey, is anypony here?”

A light flashes on and I quickly close my eyes. Then I hear a wall of sound coming my way that sound vaguely of ‘Surprise!’

Author's Note:

More chapters.
I am running out of funny things to do here.
I am thinking of putting in one particular sentence to annoy one certain person.
See ya.

PreviousChapters Next