• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 31. A journey to Canterlot.

Ch 31. A journey to Canterlot.

The train rumbles over the track as we progress along our long journey to the Capital as the setting sun shines it last rays on the train. It is a long journey and my companions have decided that a little sleep after the first part was a good idea. I thought so too, but I couldn’t fall asleep. The train’s movement and my thoughts made sure of that.

My mind was busy with some of the things that were talked about on the first part of the journey. Pinkie Pie didn’t stop talking about her package for Twilight, which, according to her, contained a large assortment of sweets, cakes and other kinds of food. Her package would be a delight for anything that likes sugar, and likes a lot of it. Applejack contributed some apples to it, sweet apples; otherwise it would be an outrage.

Rarity created a new dress for Twilight. She showed it to us during the trip, but we couldn’t even touch it, should we damage the fabric. It was nice enough, as far as my knowledge of clothing goes. It was purple, but not the same purple as Twilight’s coat, just a bit off. It looked good none the less.

Fluttershy had prepared a small salad. One she rarely made, because of the ingredients. It contained a certain flower that was hard to find. She looked for it for 2 days in the safer parts of the Everfree. She also had to fend off a hungry rabbit, but eventually she managed to make the salad and keep enough out of Angel’s furry paws to bring to Twilight.

Rainbow Dash hadn’t prepared a thing, as far as I know. But I know Rainbow, so she has prepared something, but doesn’t want to show it. And since it is Rainbow that I am talking (thinking?) about, it will most likely be awesome.

And then there is me, the one who hasn’t prepared a thing, mostly because I didn’t even know that I was going. Maybe I’ll tell her a story from home or something, with all the humans replaced with ponies of course. Maybe I’ll do something else, something that is simple or easy to do. Maybe it will come to me in a revelation; the change that I get one is about the same as the one that I actually come up with something for her.

I let my mind wander more as I slowly drift off into sleep; something that I was hoping would happen for some time. As nice as the scenery is, it does get boring after a while. So after no more than a few minutes I am asleep.

We all keep on sleeping, right until the moment that the train rolls into the station.


In Canterlot, in one of the more luxurious rooms, lies a purple alicorn. This winged mare is Twilight. She has been sleeping for the last days, since she had been turned into an alicorn.

The fact is that turning to an alicorn tends to take a lot of energy out of someone. Celestia knows this, so she made sure that Twilight was laid on a bed as soon as the magic has done its job.

As the train arrives she opens her eyes and looks around her room. It seems to be completely decorated in her style. Purple and her cutie mark everywhere. She never was pompous and she wasn’t now, even if things have changed. But if she would tear it down she would have the princess on her head. So she decides to let it to and walked on the purple rug towards the purple door, emblazed with her cutie mark.

She let out a big yawn and decided that coffee was a good start for the day. She knew that a lot of things had to be done, now that her whole world has changed

She lets out another yawn as she opens the door and walks out, out on a quest for coffee.


I give a yawn as the train comes to an abrupt halt. It appears that we have arrived in Canterlot. The other mares wake too, only Rarity is still having her beauty sleep, as she calls it. But Applejack quickly ends it with a swift tap to her horn. This results in a heated discussion that I hear arise behind me as I walk out of the train, blindly following an exited Pinkie, who hops ahead of me.

I turn around, knowing that most of the discussions between Applejack and Rarity are about tiny things. “So what is this discussion about?” I ask the two bickering mares.

“This ruffian over here had the nerve to wake me from my beauty sleep without proper procedure.” Rarity proclaims in a manner that would make one think that Applejack is a criminal.

“Ah was just tryin’ ta get ya ta wake up. We have arrived in Canterlot so ah thought that ah should wake ya up.” Applejack replies, not really getting why Rarity is making such a fuss about things.

“I understand that, darling, but it’s the principle: you never wake a lady from her beauty sleep.” Rarity responds as she makes sure that the package in which the dress is stays on her back.

“Principle smimpiple. We arrived in Canterlot so ah waked ya up; it’s as simple as that.” Applejack replies.

“Still…” Rarity begins again, but I decide to cease listening and block out the argument between the two. I try to strike up a conversation with Pinkie, but that is impossible since she is hopping away every single time that I even come close. She hops to every single shop in the street and manages to buy something in every single one of them. I simple shake my head and try to get a conversation going with Fluttershy.

Soon I realize that it wasn’t such a good idea. She answers to everything I ask her with either an ‘oh’ or and ‘okay’. There is simply no way to get anything else out of her. I’ll just try another day.

We continue our journey into Canterlot. Rarity and Applejack are still bickering behind me and Fluttershy is walking next to me in silence. Pinkie is only see sporadically when she appears out of a window.

Then I hear a ominous voice coming from behind me. “So how are things going, Human?”

Author's Note:

So last chapter before i go on my holiday for three weeks.
Have fun, ya'll.

PreviousChapters Next