• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,325 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,325

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 26. Napping in a tree.

Ch 26. Napping in a tree.

“Momma, are you okay?” I hear a high voice come from behind the bushes. I see Dinky jump out of the bushes and walk over to the mare that ran/flew into me. I rub in my eye in one hoof and with the other I rub my head.

I open my eyes and see Derpy/Ditzy lie on the ground, her eyes crossing. She rubs her head and tries to stand up. She wobbles a bit on her legs and falls down onto the ground again. I stand up and walk over to her to help her up, but dinky beats me to it. She helps her mother up and walks over to me.

“I’m sorry for what momma did,” Dinky says to me with a downwards faced face. She blinks a few times as she gets a good look at me. “Wait, you’re that mister that threw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon into the mud.” She giggles a bit as she remembers it. “That was very funny mister.”

Derpy/Ditzy walks up behind her and lays a hoof on her shoulder. “I’m sorry for bumping into you, but I’m under the impression that my daughter already knows you,” She says as she ruffles Dinky’s mane. Damn, this looks almost as cute as the CMC, but still has the same heart-attack-giving attributes.

I don’t get attacked by a heart, so I think that I’m in the clear. “Yes, I saw her at the school when I had to pick up Applejack’s sister Applebloom.”

“Ah, yes, I thought you looked familiar. It’s nice to meet you,” She says as she extends a hoof and I shake it. “My name is Ditzy Doo and I’m the mailmare around here.”

“Nice to meet you, Miss Doo, and it’s been nice meeting your daughter too.” I say with a smile, actually glad that she isn’t called Derpy. It’s a good name, but I prefer Ditzy. “My name is Mr. Lion, Leo Lion.”

“My Dinky is the best daughter I could imagine,” Ditzy says as she ruffles Dinky’s mane. “And I wouldn’t want to lose her for all the bits in the world.” Ditzy pulls Dinky tight against her.

“I wouldn’t like to lose any of my siblings too,” I say, thinking of my family back on earth. A tear appears in my eye as I think of the possibility that I might not ever see them again. I quickly wipe it away, before Ditzy or Dinky sees it.

“Well, I have to go again. Dinky and I are going to get a treat at Sugar Cube Corner,” She says as she puts the little filly on her back. “It was nice to meet you, Leo.”

Ditzy flaps a bit as she slowly gets into the air and slowly flies towards the sweets store. I hear Dinky yell from her back “Bye.”

I smile as I grab my book again and start reading. The second chapter mostly is about how to get your aura to appear and tells you so in very detailed steps.

First I have to concentrate with an empty mind, something that is quite hard for me. Then I should feel a warm feeling rise in myself. I feel it after a few minutes, somewhere in my left hoof. The feeling in a certain location usually means that it is concentrated in one spot. It’s only mental, it feels like its concentrated there, but it still means something. It’s very complicated and the book says that it will explain later.

The next step involves moving that warm spot towards the middle of your eyes. Seeing as this is all mental I have to concentrate very hard. And since I’m usually not very good at concentrating I fail twice, being distracted by a bird and a falling acorn.

I try again and this time I succeed in moving the warm spot to my head.

Ooh, a piece of candy. Damnit, a distraction.

Gotta try again.

This time I get it to the place where my horn is. I open one eye slowly and look up. I see that my horn is glowing a golden color, like Celestia’s.

I let it go, happy that I finally achieved something. I feel the heat dissipate and a couple of sparks come out of my horn.

I give a happy sigh and close the book, having finished the second chapter.

I think about what I can do next, but nothing comes to mind. I be lazy and sit on the bench for the rest of the day, but that would get boring quite quickly. I finally decide on what to do and hop off the bench, on to execute my plan.

I walk through Ponyville, thinking about what I’m going to do. It’s going to be nice and good or be horrible and sucky, just like most of my life.

I smile as I walk past the library, Sugar Cube Corner and the barber, thinking of the past few days and the happy memories that accompany them.

A couple of vendors on the market wave at me and I wave back. The ponies here are so friendly, at least a lot more than back on earth. I go up to Sweet Apple Acres, but I don’t enter it through the main entrance.

I walk alongside the fence and past the many apple trees. I continue walking until I feel like I’m a good way away. I hop over the fence and look around for a nice tree.

After a couple of minutes of looking I find a tree that has a nice collection of branches. I flap up towards the branches, careful to not get my wings tangled in the branches.

I get onto the branches, but a lot of leaves get onto my wings. There are so much clinging to my wings that I have to spend a full ten minutes getting all the tiny little annoying buggers out of them.

After all the little annoyances have been removed I can finally get a little naptime and I fall asleep quickly, lying on my soft bed of leaves.

Author's Note:

Late because i went to the Top Gear Live thingy. It's awesome and you can blame them.
have fun and see you next time.

PreviousChapters Next