• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 6. Bucking

Ch 6. Bucking

“Com’ on, partner. Keep up.” Applejack yells at me from ahead.

After working for about 2 hours in the orchard I have fallen behind on Applejack, what else would have happened. An experienced mare against me, a human turned pony, and the outcome was very predictable. She even started working on my row after she finished mine.

“You gotta learn how to buck better. Iffin you gonna keep up this pace then we’re never gonna finish in time.” Applejack says as she bucks the tree in front of mine. “Follow me.” She walks back to the barn and I follow after I, after 10 kicks, get all the apples out of the tree.

“Yea, I’m coming.” I rush after her.

She walks up to a tree that is a bit smaller than the rest and that had a meter attached to it. There was a small marking on the top that said ‘Apples!’.

“Ya gotta kick it, and when ya hit it hard enough it dings and shows that ya can start bucking trees. It was enchanted by Twilight to do that. I helped Applebloom practice.” She says while pointing to the meter.

“Applebloom?” I ask, playing dumb, gain.

“She’s ma little sister and there is nothing that ah love more than ma family.” She says, obvious very proud of her family.

I nod and try a kick at the training tree and I feel a small shock ripple through me. The only thing that I hear behind me is one mare laughing and no bell.

“Yeah, laugh at the failing pony.” I say while turning around to look at the meter. There are 10 carvings between the bottom and the bell, the only one that is lit up is the first. “That didn’t go very well.”

Applejack stood up, still giggling a bit. “Sorry suga’cube. But that was the lowest score I have ever seen, even lower than Applebloom when she started. You really gotta work them legs a’ yours. ‘cause otherwise you’ll be out in no time.” She stops smiling and says the last part very serious.

“There is no time like the present. And from what I heard you’re the best in bucking apple trees, so maybe you can teach me.” I say while ticking the meter to see if it may be made a mistake.

“Thanks, but ma brother can buck quite good too. But ah can teach ya. I’ll make you one of the best buckers around these parts. I think I have some kind a’ book on it ‘round here.” She says while walking back into the barn.

And she walked out with, I kid you not, a pile of books about bucking apple trees. “Why don’t you read through these and come back tomorrow. And you better be a better bucker tomorrow, or at least make the second mark.” She says as she starts laughing again.

I just sigh at the mare mocking me and grab the books with my hooves, awkwardly I might mention, and fly towards Rainbow’s cloud home.

“See you tomorrow, Applejack.” I yell as I flap higher.

“See ya.” I hear Applejack yell after me.

I didn’t fly as much as I flap towards the hanging cloud home. I look at some of the books, some have names as “The art of bucking.”, “Bucking, the right way” and “How to extend your legs. Written by Lance Eggs.” Some sound very vulgar to me. I think I’ll look through them when I’m back at the cloud home. And, damn, these books are heavy.

I see the cloud home I almost gave out. I only fly for 2 days and it still is hard, my top speed is 5 km/h, I can walk faster. I almost reach the porch. I’ll just shove these books on the ports or maybe I can use my magic. Yeah that’s a joke, a 2 year old foal can use more magic. I put the books on the porch and climb onto the porch. I grab the books and put them on my back. I open the door and lay the books on the table.

“Hey is anybody here?!” I yell while looking in the kitchen. There comes no response. So I decide to look around the house a bit.

I walk along the hall and look into the first room and it just is the living room, some couches and chairs. I walk up the nearest stairs and look into the first room, it is a bedroom. It has a bed, a nightstand and a closet. Nothing interesting and I have no interest of nosing (muzzling?) through her stuff. I look in the next room and that is the bathroom, there just are some shampoos in the corner near the shower, but not much else. There are only two more rooms in the house. I walk over to the first room and open the door and it is a workout room, it is filled with wing-weights, I think. I also see other kind of weights and something that looks like a parachute. This is probably the reason that she is such a good flyer.

The last room is just another boring bedroom, this one is a complete mess. Everything is in the wrong place and it looks like the room of Rainbow.

I chose to not nose further in her stuff. But, damn, this place needs to be cleaned up, it smells like cabbage in here. I pinch my nose and walk out of the room and back downstairs.

I grab the book named “The buck, the story from the beginning to the end.” And I sit down on one of the comfy cloud chairs. The book is about the first owners of orchards finding the best way to pick the apples. Grabbing them by hoof took too long so one day one of the farmers got angry and gave the tree a hard kick and suddenly all the apples fell out of tree. So they worked out this method until the bucking theorem was completed.

The farmers then held the bucking method for themselves and they personally caused the great apple shortage of 1000 A.C.L. (After Celestia and Luna). This went on until Celestia got angry at them and ordered Luna to stare at them until they caved in and taught the method to the other farmers. This resolved the apple problem and saved a lot of ponies.

The book then continued to describe all of the different muscles that help in making the leg walk.

I think I got until the part where they say which muscles you can pull when I fell asleep and dreamed of Earth and my life back then and then nothing.

Author's Note:

Words.
Feedback.
Minimalistic A/N.
'Till next time.

PreviousChapters Next