• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 4. Another flying pie, this time not a pony.

Chapter 4. Another flying pie, this time not a pony.

“Hey Wings. Wake up.” Rainbow yells at me. I shoot up and hit my head on the large metal pan she is holding in front of me.

“Bhahaha. You should see yourself. All asleep and then BAM. You got a pan in the face.” She lays rolling on the floor, mocking me.

“You’re hurting me.” I say to her while pouting my lip and try to look as sad as possible.

She stops rolling, looks at me, and starts laughing twice as hard. “Dude, you are an idiot. You should talk to Pinkie Pie.” She picks herself up and walks back into the kitchen. “Come, let’s eat some soup.”

I followed her. “Who is this Pinkie Pie?” I asks her, playing stupid. I grab a bowl and sit down opposite of Rainbow.

“She’s only the most awesome party mare that exists. If you show your face in town for just a second she’ll throw you a party for just arriving here. And the parties are so much fun. And after the children leaves she always puts something special on the table.” She grins and scoops 2 bowls full of soup. “We could visit her tonight. I don’t have anything to anyway.” She sits down and starts eating.

“Sure. It would be nice to meet some more ponies. And if everypony in this town is as nice as you I’m sure that I’ll have a grand time.” I smile at her and dig in with a spoon in the vegetable soup.

“Everypony is nice in Ponyville. There are just some unmannered stallions who trot around. Then you have some members of my weather team, like Cloudkicker, Honeysuckle and Blossomforth. They generally are nice ponies, but watch out for Cloudkicker. She has got to be the most horny pony I have ever seen. She’ll buck anything she can lay her eyes on.” She laughs a bit more under her breath and eats on.

“Well, then this place is mostly fine. And rest assured, I’ll go look for a job tomorrow.” I say through a mouthful of soup.

“I’ll introduce you to one of my other friends who owns an orchard and can always uses help.” Rainbow says while grabbing a second bowl of soup.

“If you have so many friends, why not introduce them all at once.” I say to her, scraping the soup out of my fur. I have a feeling that my fur is going to give me a lot more problems. How are you even supposed to clean this stuff.

“No can do, Wings. Twi is in Canterlot at the moment. She is one some assignment for Celestia. Something important, princessy business or something.” Rainbow says while cleaning the food.

“Wonderfully said. Then introduce me to the rest and I’ll meet Twi later. Thanks for the soup, it was great.” I say while hoofing her my bowl and spoon.

“Don’t sweat it. I all came from this packed,” she hoofs me a small packet of powder that says: The most soupiest soups in the whole of Equestria, “I just added hot water and done it is. Perfect for me. I’m as lazy as I can be.” She cleared the whole cloud table by now and was starting to walk towards the door. “You coming?”

“Yea.” I rush after her. She’s flying/gliding towards Ponyville. I think I can do that. So as expected I open my wings, step of the cloud and plummet towards the ground. Rainbow doesn’t notice.

So naturally I want to scream, but then I realize that this will blow my cover. So I settle to trying to flap some more and, hey, I glide. At the very least I’m not falling anymore. So I turn towards Ponyville and glide behind the rainbow colored speck in the distance.

I see why flying in so nice. Gliding like this is so tranquil and calm. If I ever get angry here, which I doubt, then I will just fly my worries away. I approach the town and I see several ponies looking at me. I guess it is because I am new here. I see the rainbow colored speck entering Sugar Cube Corner. After that I see a pink blur shoot out of the front door and follow my land spot even as I, somehow, alter my flight path and even then she follows the spot. But hey, it’s Pinkie Pie. What did you expect.

I calmly glide towards the ground where my calm glide is going to end in something pink. I can already hear the exited voice of Pinkie Pie as I approach her.

“Ooh, a new pony in town. And he’s got wings and so he can fly and so he can do some awesome things and I need to make a party for him and I need to get supplies and I need to do so many things and you’re almost here.” Pinkie says so fast it is almost impossible to understand and that all in one breath. Typical Pinkie Pie.

I finally ‘land’ (I had to put great effort in not tumbling over the ground) and I walk towards the exited mare. “Hi, you must be Pinkie Pie. I’ve heard about you from Rainbow.”

“What did she say about me. I hope they are nice things, but then again Rainbow is a nice pony so it could only be nice because otherwise she wouldn’t be a nice pony.”

“She said that you are the mare to go to if you want a party. And that if I would even show my face here I would be treated to one of the best parties I would ever have.” I say to her, returning the large smile that is on her face.

“That is so nice of her. That is why she is one of my best friends in whole Equestria.” She is almost glowing in front of here.

“That’s good to hear. Maybe we should follow Rainbow inside. I heard that you make the best pastries in Ponyville.” I say as I gesture to the front door of Sugar Cube Corner.

“Ooh. I do. I just made a fresh batch of muffins. So we need to be quick before Ditzy buys them all.” She says before grabbing me by the hoof and pulling me inside the store and sat me down next to Rainbow at a table. She walks towards the back of the bakery.

“You took your time, Wings. I could’ve read a whole Daring Do book in the time it took you to get here,” she points to the back of the bakery, “I see that you already met Pinkie. So what do you think of her?”

“She could be one of the nicest ponies I have ever met. She could kill you with her cheeriness. Or with the amount of sugar she is going to feed you.” I say to Rainbow as Pinkie comes out of the back with probably the largest amount of muffins, cupcakes and other things that are about 90% sugar.

“I think that is a good description of her.” Rainbow says as pinkie dumps the cartload of food on the table.

“What is a good description of who.” Pinkie says cheery as she pops, somehow, up in between next to me and Rainbow.

I laugh a bit. “I said that you could probably kill somepony with this amount of sugar.” As soon as I finished I couldn’t resist the sugary goodness anymore. I dig in with gusto.

“Don’t be so silly, you need about 17 pastries more for that to happen.” She giggles a bit and then tells us to dig in.

So we do and we’re occupied with eating for the next few minutes. Then I see a pink pie flying at me.

Author's Note:

More chapter, yay.
As always, give me more feedback. I need it to live.
Untill next time.

PreviousChapters Next