• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 30. A promise to three little fillies.

Ch 30. A promise to three little fillies.

I love this! The air rushing past me feels great. I see the station dooming up ahead. There is some stuff blocking a direct route though.

It doesn’t really matter since I see a route to the station; anything in the way will just have to move.

The thing is that trees generally don’t move. So when twigs and leaves start flinging them into my face, I lose every bit of concentration I had.

My intuition induced flight was interrupted when a tree met my face. My face crumpled up like this was some kind of cartoon.

I slumped to the ground and my face returned to its normal form after a few seconds. I grunted at the sudden-stop-inducing tree.

As I sit there, rubbing my muzzle, Rainbow lands next to me, having caught up when I was being introduced to the tree.

She just stands there, clearly holding back a laugh. She doesn’t hold it for very long, because she falls onto her back, laughing and pointing her hoof at my demise.


“When you’re done laughing, could you point me to the station?” I say to the mare, who is still laughing in front of me.

She stops laughing and lets her limbs fall to her side. She sticks one up and points towards the way I was flying. I give a quick bow to her. “Thank you.” She just keeps on lying there, wheezing a bit from her rigorous laughter, as I walk away.

I walk around the tree and towards the way Rainbow pointed. I don’t meet much resistance in the form of trees or other work of the devil, so I am able to walk towards the station without much trouble. I don’t really see the need for flight, since I can’t fly for nothing and the roof of leaves don’t make it any easier. So flying would most likely cause more incidents than simply walking.

After a few minutes of walking I arrive at the station, the back I might mention. So I walk around, hearing a thumping sound, as if somepony was jumping up and down.

I walk onto the station, which is mostly empty. There isn’t a train at the station and only a few ponies are waiting. Most of these ponies consist of Pinkie Pie (she also is the source of the thumping noise; jumping up and down tends to cause that), Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity. And they seem to be waiting for a pair of ponies rather than the train.

Of course Pinkie is the first one to spot me and she quickly relays it through to her friends. I soon have four pairs of eyes pointed at me and I feel a bit awkward as I walk towards them.

I think I actually feel the excitement radiate from Pinkie as I approach them. They seem glad that we’re finally here. I’m glad too, but for different reasons.

I get to see Canterlot; that alone is enough to make me as happy as a small child on Christmas, only I don’t show it.

I raise my hoof to wave at them, but I am interrupted when 3 fillies, two in a cart being pulled by the other one on a scooter, rush past me. Sweetie Belle, who is hanging half out of the cart, hits me on the side and I fall over. Having a cart run into you isn’t the best that can happen to you when you’re balancing on 3 hooves.

I hear a faint ‘sorry’ as they rush along, towards the 4 mares ahead of me. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom scoot ahead and along the path I am following.

I scramble to my hooves and walk towards the now 7 mares (or 4 mares and 3 fillies, however you prefer it.) I already hear a heated argument arise as I approach.

I pick up key words such as: ‘pretty please’, ‘C’mon’, ‘Canterlot’, ‘We wanna go too!’ and a whole lot more. It seems that the CMC are desperate to go with us. The chances are high that their desires will be denied.

I can make out complete sentences as I near them, most of which are either a proposal or something that consist of begging.

I stand behind them when the 3 fillies have given up and are letting their heads drop down.

“Is something wrong?” I ask Applebloom, who is standing closest to me.

“Applejack ‘n Rarity won’t let us come with ‘em ta visit Twilight.” A sad Applebloom says as she turns around. I can already see Applejack getting annoyed with this. The way that Applebloom is telling me does indicate that she is the evil big sister, not some pony who wants the best and safest thing for her sister.

“Your sister wants to go visit Twilight with her friends. Twilight has been away for a while and they want to visit her without any hassle. It’s not that they don’t want you with them, it’s that they don’t want to have another three ponies to worry about.” I say to the sad Applebloom.

“But ah wanna go now!” Applebloom cries out.

I gotta think fast if I want to stop a CMC outcry. So I think of one of the worst things I could do. “I could take you three some other day?”

Applebloom’s eyes get a bit bigger at that proposition. “Could we get some ice-cream too?”

“Sure!” I’m doomed. Having three energy-filled fillies with me, alone, is worse than anything else, but it’ll be fun.

Applebloom walk over to her two friends and quickly tells them the news.

After three chatter filled seconds they hop on their respective spots on the scooter and scoot off into the distance, almost running over Rainbow, who is just entering the station.

I walk up to the 4 mares in front of me and I immediately get asked what I told them by a skeptic Applejack and a worried looking Rarity. “What did ya told ‘em that got ‘em so exited?” “What have you done?! Now I won’t get her to calm down all day; my day is ruined!”

“I told them that I would be taking them some other day to Canterlot, instead that they be in our manes today.” I explain to them as I look over my shoulder to see if Rainbow has already reached us.

“Are ya right there in ya noggin’? Ya know that ya won’t have a minute’s rest?” Applejack asks, looking at me as if I am mentally insane. Let’s just say she isn’t exactly wrong.

“I know, but at least we will have a calm time on the train. And I don’t mind looking after them for a day; it’ll be fun.”

Applejack grins. “It surely will…” Her expression turns to one of surprise. “Hey Rainbow, what were ya waiting fer?”

“Sorry, I was laughing a bit too hard at this oaf,” She points to me. “Who ran into a tree on the way here.”

“Ow, you poor thing. Did you fly against a tree? Are you alright?” Rarity asks as she quickly scans me for any injuries. The man that I am, she doesn’t find any.

“I am fine. There is nothing to worry about.” I say as manly as I can, to show that a little tree can’t hold me down.

“Did ya really fly into a tree?” Applejack asks, repeating the ‘hold a laugh back’ act that Rainbow did. She didn’t last very long either. Soon Applejack is laughing in full force at me too, but with the disapproving look of Fluttershy and Rarity. Pinkie Pie is just standing there, smiling at everypony.

When Applejack is done laughing she calms down, leaving but little of my honor intact.

“Anyway, is the train arriving soon?” I ask, quickly changing the subject to something else, may my sliver of honor be hurt if otherwise.

“Uhm…,” Fluttershy whispers. “It is supposed to arrive very soon. It actually had to be here already, but I don’t mind.”

As Fluttershy finishes her last soft words I already hear a train coming.

We have some idle chatter, most of it directed at me, as the train arrives and we all get on. We quickly find a spot and install ourselves. I look out the window as the train starts to roll away from the station and gives me a last look at the wooden station. I turn around as I mentally prepare myself for a god knows how long journey, for which I am, locked up in a small room with 5 other mares. I’ll be fine… I hope.

Author's Note:

And a new chapter has arrived.
This has been partly written in Germany, so if the first part seemed strange, there's your reason.
anyhow, have fun.

PreviousChapters Next