• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 150 Comments

The Silent Guardian - Not_available_now



Leo arrives in Equestria cause Discord pet project has ended, the project being Earth. He arrives in Ponyville under special circumstances..

  • ...
33
 150
 3,324

PreviousChapters Next
Ch 5. Apples!

Ch. 5. Apples!

“SPLASH,” is the sound that resonates in my ears as the pie filled with cream hits my face. “Who did that?” I yell, trying to wipe the cream out of my eyes. When I have done that I see two laughing mares in front of me.

“Well, that is that mystery solved. Why did I got a pie thrown at me?” I ask the two laughing mares while I throw some pieces of pie to them. And somehow Pinkie manages to eat them all.

“Because it is funny.” Pinkie says while scraping the pie out of my coat, how she got behind me is a mystery to me, and eating them.

“Are you seriously eating the pie from my coat?” I ask her, trying to get the pie out from in between my feathers before Pinkie licks it away, because that is creepy.

“Yea, why not? Pie is pie.” She continues scraping and eating.

I turn to Rainbow. “Does she do stuff like this often?” I say. For the case of the pink leech, I just gave up and let her be. At least I don’t have to do anything myself because I still have no idea how I can clean a coat.

“She does things like this a lot. But she’s Pinkie. Just don’t pay any attention at it.” Rainbow says while eating some of the leftovers. “After she is done licking your coat we should visit Applejack to see if she got a job for you. Because with just freeloading you’re never going to get anywhere.” Rainbow says while sliding of her seat and walking towards the door.

“Yay, finding work. Great. I just need to get some kind of pink thing of my back.” I say while pointing to the pink thing on my back.

Rainbow looks at the pink pony sitting on my back. She just yells, “Pinkie, there are balloons in the back.” She looks back at me, “That should do the trick.”

“Balloons? Are there balloons? Yay, Balloons.” I hear coming of my back. I see a pink blur shoot towards the kitchen.

“Quick, we got to go before the shows us her pie collection.” She tugs as me and I oblige. We trot out of Sugar Cube Corner and out of town.

“Pie collection?” I ask Rainbow while trotting past the Quills and Sofas Store.

“She has a large collection of pies that somehow don’t spoil. She never eats from them and always shows them to new friends. It is a bit crazy, but it is Pinkie. Nothing is craze with her” Rainbow says as she walks past Big Mac’s apple cart. She stops and asks if Applejack is at the farm. The answer is Eeyup. She thanks him and gestures me to follow her.

“So how big is this orchard anyway? And who is that pony back there that you talked to?” I ask her, playing dumb.

“That is Big Macintosh, or Big Mac. He is Applejack’s brother and the backbone of Sweet Apple Acres. Without him the orchards wouldn’t last long.” Rainbow says as they pass the outer ring of Ponyville.

“Are there a lot of orchards out here?” I ask as I see another orchard way out in the distance.

“There are only two. One is owned by the Apple family and the other one is owned by the Rich family. They aren’t the nicest ponies around, but they provide for a good deal of the food here in Ponyville.” She says while pointing in the direction that I was looking.

“Applejack’s name is Apple? Applejack Apple sounds a bit strange.” I say to her, lifting a questioning eyebrow.

“Meh, everypony just calls her Applejack. So don’t sweat it. If you see her just call her Applejack.” Rainbow says to me as we approach a fence. I also see that there is a large wooden banner that says Sweet Apple Acres is nice ornate letters.

“Well, if she is as nice as everypony I have met until now I don’t think that I will have any problem working for her. Well that is if the pay is good, that is.” I grin at her.

She gives me a playful shove. “If you work for Applejack you won’t be short of anything. I think they even force you to eat at their place and otherwise you will be force fed by Granny Smith.”

“It sounds as if this will be a great place to work my flank off. But I still need the bits to pay a certain mare off.” I say to Rainbow as we walk through the gate.

“I’m not in a hurry to get those bits back, so you can take all the time you need. You will need to find someplace to stay. I’m not all that comfortable with a stranger in my house. I hope you understand.” She says, trying to make it sound not all too mean.

“I understand you. I wouldn’t like to have a stranger live in my house. So let’s be non-strangers to each other. We already know our names, so that’s a start. Let’s continue with our blood types. Mine’s AB+, what’s yours?” I ask her as we walk past the numerous apple trees.

“Ha-ha. My blood type? I honestly have no idea. But for the stranger part, we could grab a drink sometime if you want to. And if you want to have a real party than we can go to one of Vinyl’s parties, they are the best.” She says as we approach the farmhouse where I see an orange mare pulling a cart of apples. “Hey Applejack!”

“Howdy Rainbow!” Applejack yells back. “Who ya have with you?” She sets the cart down and walks over to us. “Is this that fella that Pinkie ran into?”

“Ran is a light word. She rammed into me and put me into the hospital for a day or two. Pinkie has a hard head and an appetite for pies.” I say while smiling.

“That sure does sound like Pinkie. So Rainbow and… uh.” Applejack scratches her head. “I didn’t catch yer name there?”

“My name is Leo. And I head from Rainbow that you’re Applejack.” I say as I look at the barn. And the barn looks a lot larger and has more buildings than what they let you see in the show. It also looks a lot nicer after being rebuild multiple times.

“That’s right, partner, ma name is Applejack and I’m a proud member of the Apple family. So, why did you an’ Rainbow come ‘round these parts.” She asks me while kicking the apple cart into the barn with a well-placed kick.

I want to say something, but Rainbow is ahead of me. “He’s out of bits, so I lend him some. And now he’s looking for a job and I thought that you maybe were looking for some help.”

“Ah could use some help, especially right now with all them apples. I’ve got enough work here for 20 ponies so ah could use some help. Why not? You can come help me right now if ya want to.” Applejack says while looking me over. I really hope it is just professional or else I need to start feel uncomfortable really soon.

“See. I said AJ would get you a job. Now go help her so you can start pay me back. So I will see you tonight at my place. Bye.” Rainbow says to me. She waves and flies back to Ponyville.

“Her place. Do ya got something going on there with Rainbow?” She wiggles her eyebrows.

“I just had to find a place to stay since I had no bits to pay for anything.” I glare at her. “So that’s why.”

“Ah did mean no thing with it. And if ya want ya can stay here as long as you work. The barn is large enough for one whole lot of ponies ta sleep.”

“That is nice of you. I’ll tell Rainbow tonight and I’ll see what I’ll do.” It shouldn’t be too hard to choose, I think. I can sleep in the houses of two of the Mane Six, there isn’t a negative thing about that.

“So let’s get ta work, partner.” She points to rows and rows of apple trees and walks over to them.

“Sure, no problem.” I walk over to the trees and, shit, this is going to take a long time.

Author's Note:

And another one goes online.
Do I even need to ask. Feedback!
'till next time.

PreviousChapters Next