• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Wake Me Up Inside

Chapter 7: Wake Me Up Inside

Sweetie wakes up in the chair and sees Rarity standing there next to her. “Sis?”

“I just came to check on you and the colt.” Rarity admits.

“I’m fine, and I think Ash is going to be okay too.”

“Ash?” Rarity asks.

“We talked in the dream world, and I picked his name, it’s Ash Fall.” Sweetie says.

“I think it’s very appropriate Sweetie Belle.”

A voice weakly interjects. “Can you two talk any louder? I don’t think the dead are awake yet.”

Sweetie quickly turns and sees Ash awake and hugs him. “Ash you’re awake!”

Ash groans. “Sweetie, please get off me. I’m in a good deal of pain.”

“Sorry,” Sweetie says blushing as she sits back down.

“Think I can get some water?” Ash asks looking at Rarity.

“Oh, of course, I’d better get the nurse too.” Rarity says as she leaves the room.

“I can’t believe you’re awake,” Sweetie says happily.

“I can’t believe how much pain I’m in,” Ash groans.

“I brought you some water,” Rarity says carrying a glass of water in her magic.

“Thanks,” Ash says a golden aura overcomes Rarity’s aura and the water comes over to him and he drinks it.

“I’m not sure you should be using your magic.” Rarity points out.

“Actually if he’s using magic already that a good sign,” Nurse Redheart says.

“How do you figure that?” Rarity asks.

“Shows that there’s no permanent damage to his brain,” Redheart answers. “Now that he’s awake we can give him some pain medicine after we ask him some questions.”

“Ask away, not sure I’m going to be much use to you though. As Miss Belle here,” he nods toward Sweetie, “has already discovered I have amnesia.”

“So you don’t even know your name?” Redheart asks.

“No, but Miss Belle has already suggested a name for me that I’d like to go by until we have a lead on my identity.”

“That’s wonderful, what name is that?”

“Ash Fall.”

Redheart smiles. “As good as name as I’ve ever heard. Now let’s see about getting your something for pain.”

“Thanks,” Ash says as Redheart leaves.

Sweetie gasps. “What is it Sweetie?” Rarity asks.

“We need to tell Twilight that Ash is awake.”

“Oh my!” Rarity exclaims. “I’ll go get her!” With that she runs off.

“Are you trying to get me alone Sweetie?” Ash asks.

“What happened to Miss Belle?” Sweetie asks.

Ash blushes, “I didn’t want the nurse to know how close we are because of the dream. Thought she might send you away.”

“Legally I should send her away,” Redheart says.

“Please don’t, she’s my friend.” Ash pleads.

Redheart looks at the two of them suspiciously. “How can you two be friends after only a few minutes?”

“Princess Luna connected our dreams last night, we talked for a couple hours.” Sweetie admits.

Redheart looks at the two of them and sighs. “I really can’t let her stay, she’s not your family. I really shouldn’t have let her stay here while you were sleeping.”

“But I don’t even know who I really am,” Ash says. “Sweetie’s the closest thing to family I have.”

“Are you really going to kick Sweetie Belle out?” Twilight asks as she stands in the door to the room.

“I told you I’d let her stay until he woke up, he’s awake Twilight. I could get in serious trouble if letting someone other than family stay here with him now that he’s awake.”

“Nurse Redheart be reasonable,” Twilight says.

“Twilight I’m sorry.”

“Nurse Redheart?” Sweetie asks.

“Yes?”

“Who is allowed to stay with a patient normally?”

“The patient’s family, parents, siblings with a young pony such as this. With older ponies that list would include significant others, and their foals.”

“I’m his fillyfriend, doesn’t that make me his significant other?” Sweetie asks. Ash looks surprised at this statement but doesn’t say anything.

“His fillyfriend?” Redheart asks shocked.

Sweetie nods. “I asked her last night in the dream.” Ash says, “Still counts doesn’t it?”

Redheart looks at Twilight. “Given their ages I’d say it counts,” Twilight says. “You don’t really want Ash here proposing to Sweetie Belle just to allow her to stay do you?”

Redheart immediately looks at the two young ponies only to see them both blushing heavily. “No, no, her being his fillyfriend is just fine since he wants her here.”

“Thank you Nurse Redheart,” Sweetie says.

“You’re welcome Sweetie,” Redheart says. “Now Ash, I have a potion for you, it should help with the pain.” She says as she pushes a cart in with a potion on top of it.

Ash takes the potion in his magic. “Do I drink it all?”

“Yes, you’ll most likely go back to sleep shortly afterwards, but you’ll wake up in a couple hours and feel a lot better, I promise.”

“Can I have a few minutes please?” Ash asks. “I’d like to talk with Twilight and Sweetie before I go back to sleep, I promise I’ll drink the potion.”

“Of course.” Redheart says, “just don’t wait too long before drinking the potion.”

“Don’t worry about that. I’m in to much pain not to.”

“Okay then.” Redheart says as she leaves.

“So Princess Twilight what’s going to happen to Ash now?” Sweetie asks.

“He can remain here until Nurse Redheart and Doctor Staff deem him ready to leave. Then I’m sure we can find somewhere for him to stay.” Twilight answers.

“What about the griffons?” Sweetie asks.

“Oh my goodness!” Twilight exclaims, “I’ve got to go!” She disappears in a purple flash.

“So fillyfriend huh?” Ash asks.

Sweetie blushes, “I didn’t want to have to leave, I hope you don’t mind.”

“I, um, don’t really know what it means. I just had this feeling that it was something I should’ve asked you, so I faked it.”

“You did good a job of faking it.” Sweetie admits. “And it is something that the colt usually asks. When two ponies date that’s what they call each other coltfriend and fillyfriend.”

“Date?” Ash asks.

Sweetie blushes, “I’ve never actually gone on a date before, but the idea is that the colt and filly go out together to enjoy each other’s company, or something like that.”

Ash smiles, “So does this count as a date?”

Sweetie chuckles, “Somehow I doubt it, but…” she pauses and looks around then leans over the bed and very carefully kissing Ash on the cheek. “You get out of here and we’ll see about going on a real one, okay?”

Ash smiles, “Deal.” He sighs and looks at the potion that Redheart brought him.

“Drink it, you promised you would. "

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

Sweetie nods. "Unless I have to use the little fillies room I'll be right here."

"Thanks," Ash says then drinks the potion down. “Tastes horrible. ”

"My mom always says the worse it tastes the better it works."

"Where is your mom?"

"My parents went on vacation, they left me in the care of my sister."

"They going to be okay with you having a coltfriend?”

“Rarity was about the same age as me when she started dating. So I think so."

"Good," Ash says with a yawn. “Sweetie, can you sing something else for me?”

Sweetie clears her throat and starts singing.

~Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,

Go to sleep my little filly.

When you wake you shall have

All the pretty little ponies.

Black and bays, dapples, grays,

All the pretty little ponies.

Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,

Go to sleep my little filly.

Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,

Go to sleep my little filly.

When you wake you shall have

All the pretty little ponies.~

By the time Sweetie finishes Ash has fallen asleep. “Sweetie,” Rarity whispers from the doorway.

Sweetie looks over at the sleeping Ash and gets up from the chair and walks over to doorway. “Yes, Rarity?”

“Where did you hear that lullaby?” Rarity asks.

“Mom use to sing it to me when I was real little.”

Rarity smiles slightly, “I remember her singing that to me when I was just a foal.”

“I hope it’s alright I sang it for Ash.”

“You sing it better than Mom ever did Sweetie Belle,” Rarity admits. “Sing it whenever you like.”

“I will,” Sweetie smiles as she turns and goes to head back to the seat,

“Sweetie!” Rarity says louder than intended.

Sweetie turns back to her sister. “What’s the matter now?”

“You’re flank,” Rarity says in shock.

“What about my….” Sweetie trails off as she sees her flank now has a cutie mark, a ornamental bell with a music note on it. “My cutie mark?” Sweetie mark smiles brightly. “I got my cutie mark!” She shouts then remembers where she is, and blushes heavily then whispers. “Sorry.”

“Congratulations Sweetie, I shall start planning your cute-cenera immediately.” Rarity says happily.

“Can you ask the doctor when they think Ash will be able to leave and plan it after that? I want him to be there, please?”

“I imagine I can arrange that Sweetie.” Rarity says before heading off. Sweetie heads on back to the chair, and admires her new cutie mark for awhile.

================

Twilight and Rainbow approach Griffonholm from the air. A griffon wearing armor and metal claws on his talons flies up to them. "Halt!" The two of them stop. "State your business! "

"I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, and this is the newly positioned captain of my guard Rainbow Dash. We wish to speak with Prince Bastion and Emperor Appolyinia."

"Forgive me your highness, I was just doing my job." The griffon says.

"I understand.”

“If you would follow me I will take you to the castle and see about getting you an audience with the Emperor.” The griffon says and then leads them to a castle nestled among the rocks. They land in a large room. "Please wait here." The griffon says then goes off.

"So captain of your guard huh?" Rainbow asks.

“When I saw how the griffon was armed I realized that they wouldn't let just any pony in." Twilight explains. “It was the first thing I could think of.”

“You really don’t want to face the griffons alone huh?” Rainbow asks.

“Let's just say I don't trust them." Twilight answers.

“So do I get a uniform?” Rainbow asks.

“Huh?" Twilight looks confused.

“If I'm captain of your guard, do I get a uniform?”

“Sure," Twilight responds. "I'll get with Rarity when we get back and see about commissioning some.”

“Awesome!" Rainbow exclaims. “I’ll work with her to make the best uniforms ever. As captain I get to hoof pick the rest of the guards right?”

“Since I don't have any, I suppose so." Twilight answers wondering what has gotten into her friend.

“Princess Twilight, how nice to see you so soon.” Bastion says as he flies into the room along with his father.

Twilight and Rainbow bow. “Emperor Appolyinia, Prince Bastion what an honor for you to meet will us on such short notice.” Twilight says as she and Rainbow rise and the griffons land.

"What can we do for you?” Bastion asks.

“We came to tell you that the colt woke up this morning."

"That is wonderful news," Bastion says. “Is he fit for me to come ask him some questions?”

"Technically yes," Twilight responds. “But he seems to be suffering from amnesia so I'm not sure it would do you much good."

"That is unfortunate,” Bastion says.

“It is." Twilight agrees.

“Guards seize them!" Appolyinia yells and a group of armored griffons fly down.

Rainbow immediately takes to the air. "Twilight teleport as far away as you can and get help. I'll hold them off."

"Right.” Twilight nods and her horn glows softly for a second before fizzling out. "I can’t seem to use my magic.” She panics.

Appolyinia laughs. “This mountain is made of lodestone Princess.”

“Lodestone?” Rainbow asks.

“The magnetic rock that makes a compass work is lodestone, if you get enough of it together it creates a magnetic field that negates magic.” Twilight explains.

“Wow, you are an egg head,” Rainbow says.

“If you two surrender, the guards won’t hurt you.” Bastion promises.

Twilight sighs, “Rainbow, come back down please. I really don’t want to get beat up today.”

Rainbow lands. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“I’m a Princess, I knew something like this was going to happen eventually.”

“I see,” Rainbow says.

Bastion walks up to them, and holds up a ring in his claws. “Do you know what this is Princess?”

“I’m guessing either pewter or tungsten, I’m hoping for pewter.” Twilight answers.

“I promised no harm would come to you, it’s pure pewter, I assure you.”

“May I please examine it first?” Twilight asks and much to her surprise Bastion holds the ring out so Twilight can see it. “Thank you.”

“Twilight care to tell me what’s going on now?” Rainbow asks as Bastion puts the ring on Twilight’s horn.

“The ring he put on my horn is, or at least appears to be pure pewter. A ring of pure pewter will make a unicorn unable to use their magic until the ring is removed. At least it’s not tungsten, which has the same effect, but has been known poison unicorn’s occasionally.”

“Aren’t they worried that you’ll just slip the ring off?” Rainbow asks.

“I can’t remove the ring myself, because of the nature of the metal only a being who does not use any form of magic regularly can remove it.”

“So I can’t take it off you?”

“You use your innate pegasus magic to move clouds far too often for you to be able to remove it. The griffon’s don’t use magic at all so they could take it off if they wanted to. Otherwise if we return to Ponyville my best chance would probably be one of the crusaders or one of their classmates. Odds are one of them would not be using their innate magic enough to remove the ring for me.”

“That’s assuming we get back to Ponyville Twilight.” Rainbow says.

“You do have a point, but I have faith that it won’t be too long before we are returned.”

“Why you say that?”

“Well, if the griffon’s have gone as far as pony-napping me can only mean one thing.”

“What’s that Twilight?”

“They’re planning on attacking us, and soon.”