• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

It's Not Over

Chapter 32: It's Not Over

The train pulls up to the Canterlot station and a group of ponies get off. Immediately a voice calls out. “Twilight! Sweetie Belle! Over here!”

The group stops and turn to see Rarity waving a flag in the air with her magic. "Rarity!" Sweetie yells and the group moves to the flag.

Upon getting there Twilight sees that Rarity isn't alone. "Applejack? Pinkie Pie? What are you two doing here?"

"Ain't no way we were letting Rarity come by herself." Applejack answers.

"It's good to see all of you." Twilight says.

"So what is so important that you had to come see the Princesses instead of just writing them a letter?" Rarity asks.

"I have to see the Princesses and give my report." Ash explains.

"What in Equestria are you talking about? Rarity asks.

"Ash is a member of the Night Guard." Sweetie answers.

"You're joking right?"

Ash carefully places his satchel down and pulls out a piece of armor with his magic. "What do you think?"

"Put that back in the bag for now Ash." Twilight instructs.

"There you are, Trixie got separated from you in the crowd." Trixie says startling them.

"What is she doing here?" Rarity asks angrily.

"Trixie was very beneficial to the effort to find Sweetie and Ash." Twilight answers. "She requested that I take her on as a student."

"Surely you're not actually thinking about doing it are you?" Rarity asks.

"I gotta side with Rarity here Twilight." Applejack says. "Trixie ain't exactly known for using magic for good. You sure it's safe to teach her more."

"Trixie is standing right here you know."

"I'm sorry." Applejack apologizes. "But last time you were in Ponyville you did hold the city hostage."

"You are right. Trixie probably does deserve your ridicule."

"If you would let me speak." Twilight says and they all quiet down. "I'm not going to just teach Trixie magic. I'm also going to teach her how to use it responsibly."

The others look at each other not sure what to say. Fluttershy finally speaks up. "I for one think Twilight is doing is good, and we should give her our support."

"Fluttershy's right." Rainbow says. "As far as I've seen Trixie has been nothing but helpful."

Rarity sighs. "I suppose I could give her another chance, since you all seem to accept her."

"I reckon I can give her a chance too."

"Good." Twilight says. "Now that that's settled let's go see the Princesses."

They walk up to the castle and a pair of guards block the entrance. "The Princesses have decreed that no ponies shall enter today." One of them says.

Twilight unfurls her wings. "They are expecting us."

"Princess Twilight!" They say in unison as they bow and move out of the way.

=========

They enter the Throne Room and see Princesses Celestia and Luna sitting in their corresponding thrones. "Twilight." Celestia says. "I trust your news is very important. We don't make a habit of cancelling Day Court."

"I wouldn't have had you cancel without good reason."

"We are waiting."

Twilight nods. "May I present Lieutenant Steel Blade of the Night Guard."

Ash, dressed in his armor steps forward and then bows. "Princesses I regret to inform you the fortress at the foot of the Smokey Mountain has fallen."

"Explain yourself!" Celestia commands.

"I am a lieutenant in the Night Guard." Ash says. "I take orders from Princess Luna."

"Ash Fall!" Twilight calls out. "You shouldn't treat Princess Celestia like that."

"Exactly." Celestia says and is about to say more when Luna interrupts her.

"Ash Fall?" Is that really you?"

"Yes, Princess.” Ash replies. “I regained my memory."

Luna raises a hoof silencing her sister before she can anything. "Tell us what happened."

"The griffins attacked us and killed everypony there except me. I believe they captured me to question me on our tactics. I figured they intended to torture me, so as soon as I could I used my magic on the griffin. Unfortunately I forgot I wasn't wearing my armor and was injured when I hit the ground."

"Forgive me for asking." Twilight interjects. "But how exactly would your armor have helped given the fall?"

"The armor is enchanted, when I activate it a pair of magical wings appear on the armor allowing for limited flight."

"Do you think I could examine your armor?" Twilight asks. "I'd love to examine that enchantment."

"Now might not be the best time for that Twilight." Rarity says.

Twilight nods. "Of course."

"Lieutenant Blade of the Night Guard, or is it Ash Fall of Ponyville?." Luna asks.

"I swore the oaths Princess, so I have no choice but to be Lieutenant Steel Blade of the Night Guard."

"And if you had a choice what would it be?"

"Ash Fall of Ponyville." Ash answers and smiles at Sweetie Belle.

Luna nods. "Then I hereby declare that Lieutenant Steel Blade is no more, you will hereby be known as Ash Fall, though I wonder if you would be willing to remain part of the Night Guard."


“Actually.” Twilight says. “I have a better idea.”

“What is your idea Twilight?” Luna asks.

“Since Ash has taken to Ponyville perhaps he could become part of my guard.”

“That’s an excellent idea!” Luna says. “Don’t you agree sister?”

“Yes, it’s about time Twilight got herself some guards, with his experience he can be the captain.”

“Hey, I thought I was the captain of Twilight’s guard!” Rainbow yells.

“I might’ve forgot to mention that.” Twilight says embarrassed.

“We’ll arrange for them to get some armor.” Celestia says.

Twilight nods. “Of course that’s assuming that you’ll accept Ash.”

“I’ll get stay in Ponyville with Sweetie Belle?” Ash asks.

Twilight nods. “Of course.”

“Then I’d be honored to be part of your guard.”

"Excellent!" Luna says. "Now if I remember right. The reports said you were raised as a military strategist."

"That is correct."

"What is your opinion on why the griffins attacked your fortress?"

"I believe it was a training exercise." Ash answers. "I think they were planning to attack Canterlot all along."

"Wait a minute." Twilight says. "Prince Bastion claimed you had been found near a griffin outpost. They were trying to find out what you knew!"

Ash nods. "Then they used you coming to them as the perfect opportunity to attack."

"Princess Celestia, you said that you and the Emperor made some sort of peace agreement?"

"Yes." Celestia says. "Appolyinia claimed that he didn't believe us and that we were keeping their captive away from them."

"Seems obvious now that they were just using that as an excuse." Twilight says.

"What are we to do?" Luna asks.

"I have an idea." Ash says.

"We are listening." Luna says.