• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Dream On

Chapter 5: Dream On

Rarity is as usual hard at work on a dress when the door to her boutique opens, without looking up she immediately goes into her usual introduction. “Welcome to Carousel Boutique where every garment is chic, unique and magnifique!” Rarity finishes her introduction and places the garment she’s working on down. “Now how may I help…” she trails off as she looks at her visitor. “Princess Celestia, your highness!” she quickly gets up and bows.

“Rarity, there is no need to bow before me here,” Celestia says. “After all I came to you.”

“Of course,” Rarity says as she gets up. “What can I do for you?”

“I came to see your sister, is she here?”

“She’s here, but she’s taking a nap”

“If it’s all the same to you I’d like to check on her.”

“Of course, make yourself at home.”

“Thank you,” Celestia says as she heads upstairs. Celestia enters the room to see Sweetie Belle laying in the bed staring up at the ceiling. “Your sister said you were napping, I guess she was wrong.”

“Princess Celestia?” Sweetie exclaims as she jumps out of the bed and bows.

“Rise my little pony,” Celestia commands.

Sweetie gets up. “What are you doing here your highness?”

“I came to check on you.”

“Me?”

“Of course, you did a very noble deed, you saved another pony.”

“I did what any other pony would’ve done in my place”

Celestia nods, “Of course. I just wonder how you are you doing.”

“I’m fine, I’m just worried about the pony I saved. I hope he’s going to be okay.”

“The doctor’s tell me that he should recover just fine.”

“But what about the concussion?”

Celestia looks away from Sweetie. “I hope that there is no serious damage from that concussion too.”

“But if there is damage it’s my fault.”

“He’d be dead if not for you, Sweetie, when he awakens I’m sure he’ll thank you.”

“I hope so,” Sweetie says as she blushes slightly.

“You find him attractive?” Celestia asks.

Sweetie blushes more, “I don’t even know him.”

“But you have feelings for him.”

“Maybe, I don’t know, I just hope…” Sweetie trails off.

“You want him to wake up so you can find out?”

“Yes, that’s it exactly!”

Celestia smiles, “You should go visit him, be by his side. When he wakes you’ll be the first pony hs sees.”

Sweetie grins, “I think I will go visit him then.”

Celestia nods, “I will come with you then and get you past the guards.”

“Guards?”

“Of course, the griffon prince Bastion has come to see your coltfriend. I can’t prove that me means to harm him, but I can put guards outside the room for his own protection.”

“I suppose that makes sense.” Sweetie says as she and Celestia head downstairs.

“Is everything okay?” Rarity asks when she sees the two of them.

“Everything is fine,” Celestia answers. “I’m taking your sister to see the pony she rescued.”

Rarity looks at the two surprised. “Oh, of course.”

“Let me grab some things,” Sweetie says, “since the Princess said I can stay as long as I want.”

“Take your time,” Celestia says and Sweetie trots upstairs to get her saddlebags.

“As long as she wants?” Rarity asks.

“I’m not going to lie to you,” Celestia says. “Your sister is the only witness to the griffon carrying the pony, as well as the one that saved him. We still have no proof that the griffon’s were planning on hurting the pony, or that they plan to do so now. I would feel a lot better if they were both kept under guard, and this would be the easiest way.”

“Of course, whatever you think is best, just please keep my sister safe.”

“I will do my best.”

“I’m ready!” Sweetie calls out as she comes down the stairs with her saddlebags on.

“Then let’s go.” Celestia says and the two of them walk to the hospital where the two guards stand at attention.

“Halt!” one guard calls out.

Celestia stops and smiles. “Taking your orders seriously I see.”

Celestia goes to cross the guards and they cross their weapons. “We said halt!”

“Aren’t the guards suppose to obey you Princess?” Sweetie asks.

Celestia smiles, “Aye, they are, but I instructed them to not let anyone pass without a code word.”

“After the changelings I can’t say as I blame you.”

“I almost forgot you were there, I’m glad that no foals were hurt that day.”

“We were chased by changelings, but thanks to my friend Scootaloo we managed to get away.”

Celestia nods, “I see.” She then turns to the guards. “Hot Pancakes with syrup” the guards immediately stand down and Sweetie giggles as she and Celestia walk past the guards. “Do you find something amusing?”

“Just an interesting code work, Princess.” Sweetie answers.

Celestia smiles, “I change it every day to keep it interesting.”

“Must keep your guards on their hooves.”

“I do try and do that.” Celestia admits as they walk to the colt’s bedside.

Sweetie smiles and talks quietly to him, “Hey I’m back.”

Celestia smiles. “I’ll leave you two alone.”

“Thank you Princess.”

Celestia nods and walks back out of the room she turns to the guards. “You two protect those two with your very lives because if something happens to them and you two don’t do everything in your power to stop it the repercussions will not be pleasant. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, your highness” the two guards answer simultaneously.

“Very good.” Celestia turns to walk away and then turns her head and says, “The new code word is Forbidden Fruit.”

“Understood!” the guards say, and then salute and Celestia walks off.

================

Rainbow Dash flies to Twilight’s castle and enters through the already open door. Luna’s moon already high in the sky. Rainbow lands in the throne room where she meets Twilight and Spike. “Hey thanks for letting me stay here.”

“You gave up your home so that Prince Bastion could be comfortable, the least I could do is offer you a place to stay. Not like I don’t have the room.”

“Why didn’t you offer Bastion a room here?”

Twilight groans, “I really didn’t want him that close, I don’t trust him.”

“Me either.” Rainbow says.

“I don’t blame either of you,” Princess Celestia says.

“Princess Celestia, I thought you went back to Canterlot.” Rainbow remarks.

“I decided it would be a better idea to remain here for a day and see how things went with Prince Bastion.” Celestia says.

“I appreciate it,” Twilight admits. “Bastion seems to be on the up and up with us, but I just don’t trust him.”

“I have a feeling there’s something going on here beyond our control.” Celestia says.

“We just have to wait and see what the griffons have planned don’t we?” Twilight asks.

Celestia nods, “Will you be ready to fight if necessary when the time comes?”

“We’ll be ready Princess,” Rainbow answers.

“Good.” Celestia says. “Let us all get some rest then, I have a feeling things are going to keep getting weirder.”

================

Ponyville General, Sweetie Belle is asleep in the chair next to the bed where the unconscious pony lay. “Can you hear me young one?” The voice of Luna echoes through the head of the conscious colt.

The room ripples for a minute and then the colt sits up and looks around seeing the sleeping form of Sweetie Belle he speaks, “Did you speak to me?”

“No, I did.” Luna’s voice again projects as she appears in his dream.

“Where did you come from?” the colt asks.

“I am Princess Luna, the princess of the moon and dreams. We are in your dreams.”

“My dreams?”

“You are unconscious, and we have no idea who you are, so I decided it would be prudent for me to come ask you.”

“Ask me?”

“Your name, young one.”

The colt looks away from Luna, “I… I don’t know my name.”

“What do you remember?”

“Nothing before this, it’s blank.”

“That is not good news.”

“Am I in some sort of trouble Princess?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Do you know what happened to me?”

“You were dropped by a griffon, the unicorn next to you saved you.” Luna answers.

The colt looks at the image of Sweetie Belle, “She saved me?”

“Her name is Sweetie Belle, and she’s worried about you.”

“How long ago did this happen?”

“Mid-day yesterday, I’ve been trying to contact you since then, this is the first you’ve actually been in a dreamlike state.”

“Does that mean that I might be able to wake up soon?”

“One can hope.”

The colt runs his hoof through Sweetie Belle’s mane, “She’s beautiful.”

“I think she cares for you too,” Luna says.

“She’s asleep by my hospital bed and she doesn’t even know me. I don’t even know me, I hope that I’m not a big disappointment to her.”

“If you’d like I can tell her about your amnesia, so it’s not a surprise to her.”

The colt nods, “I’d appreciate that, tell her I said thank you and...” he pauses.

“Is there something else?” Luna asks.

“Can you ask her to come up with a name for me?” he asks.

“A name?”

“I don’t know mine, and my mind is too blank to come up with one, so I thought maybe the filly that saved me could do it for me.”

“I’m sure she’ll come up with a good one for you.”

The colt blushes slightly, “Thank you Princess.”

“I should let you rest, I will attempt to not disturb your rest again. I hope to see you in the waking world soon.” Luna says as she leaves the dream world.

====================

Early the next morning Spike coughs up a letter. "What do we have here?" Twilight asks as she grabs the letter with her magic. Twilight looks at the scroll and sees it's bound with a gold seal with the moon on it. "It's from Princess Luna. "

"What does it say?"

~ Dear Princess Twilight,

I wish to inform you that my excursion into the dream world has been successful. I spoke to the young colt and we have a bigger problem on our hooves. The colt is suffering from amnesia and doesn't remember anything at all. I have told him the events regarding his ending up there. He asked me to convey his appreciation to Sweetie Belle for saving him, and asked if she would be so kind as to come up with a name for him.

Sincerely,

Luna, Moon Princess~


"This isn't the best news, that's for sure." Twilight remarks as she walks into the thrones room. "We'd better show this to Princess Celestia.”

“Show me what?” Celestia asks as she walks into the room, Spike leaves to give them privacy. Twilight sighs and gives the scroll to Celestia who reads it. “You weren’t kidding, were you?”

“What do you advise me to do?” Twilight asks.

“You should let Bastion see the pony, the password is Forbidden Fruit.”

“Do you think we should tell him about Princess Luna’s discovery?” Twilight asks.

“I don’t know, that raises interesting questions, are the griffons even aware of Luna’s ability to dreamwalk?”

“Probably not, and once they are aware of it they’ll probably be afraid that she could use the ability to spy on them.” Twilight admits.

“Luna can only walk into pony dreams.”

“You think the griffons would believe us if we told them that?”

Celestia sighs, “No, but at least you’re thinking like a princess of Equestria now.”

Twilight nods, “So, we’ll leave Luna’s discovery a secret, I’ll tell Sweetie Belle, I’m sure she can keep a secret.”

“And the colt did ask her to come up with a name for him, I see no reason as to not convey his wishes to her.” Celestia admits.

“My point exactly.” Twilight says.

“Twilight!” Spike yells as he runs into the room.

“What is it Spike?” Twilight asks.

“Prince Bastion is flying this way.” Spike answers.

Twilight sighs, “Of course he is,” she clears her throat. “Please show him here when he arrives.”

“Right away,” Spike says as he heads off to meet Bastion at the gate.

“Where is Rainbow Dash?” Celestia asks.

“I assume she’s taking care of the weather,” Twilight answers.

“I forgot she is the head of Ponyville’s weather team.”

“She is indeed.” Twilight nods.

“May I announce his Highness, Prince Bastion of Griffonholm.” Spike calls out.

Celestia and Twilight nod at Bastion. “Greeting Bastion.” Celestia says. “I take it you slept well?”

“Actually I did, I found Rainbow Dash’s place rather comfortable, I’d like to thank her again. Is she here?” Bastion asks.

“I believe she’s working on the weather,” Twilight answers. “But I will relay your message to her when I see her again.”

“Thank you very much,” Bastion says. “Now, may I see this pony?”

“Of course,” Twilight answers. “I’ve gotten the password off of Celestia, and am ready when you are.”

Bastion nods, “Very well, then let’s go.”

The two of them go to Ponyville General and approach the guards when one of them calls out. “Halt!”

“Forbidden Fruit,” Twilight gives the code word and the guards immediately stand down and let them pass. The two of them enter the room and find Sweetie Belle asleep in the chair next to the bed.

Bastion speaks softly. “This colt is the pony?”

Twilight nods and replies softly, “it is.”

“I had no idea he was so young.” Bastion says and then notices Sweetie. “Who is the filly?”

“That’s Sweetie Belle, she’s the unicorn that saved him.” Twilight answers.

Bastion looks at the two ponies and turns and leaves the room. Twilight follows. “Twilight, promise me that you’ll inform us when the colt wakes up?”

“Of course Bastion, I’ll contact you myself.” Twilight answers.

“Then I am going to return home,” Bastion says. “I trust we have no problems between us?”

“Of course not Bastion,” Twilight replies. “I look forward to keeping things between our two nations friendly.”

Bastion nods as they leave the hospital. “Until next time then.” With that he takes wing and flies off.

Rainbow Dash lands beside Twilight right after Bastion is out of sight. “That’s one visit I’m glad is over.”

“You and me both, " Twilight responds. "I need to talk to Sweetie Belle for a few, care to join me?"

"Nah, I was going to head to Fluttershy's and check on her."

“Good idea, you think you could check in on Applejack and them for me afterwards?” Twilight asks. “They need to know what going on.”

“Yeah, sure no problem.” Rainbow says before she flies off.

Twilight sighs as she turns around and walks back into the hospital only for the guards to stop her. “Seriously?”

“Orders are orders.” one of the guards say.

“Forbidden Fruit.” Twilight says as she rolls her eyes.

“Thank you, Princess.”

Twilight grins, “Can I change your orders?”

“Of course, you are royalty, and we take our orders from royalty.”

“Good, from now on you are to let myself and the other Elements of Harmony come and go as we please, along with the young filly already in the room.” Twilight pauses, “Oh, and my assistant too please.”

“Of course Princess,” the guard says.

After that Twilight goes into the colt’s room. “Sweetie Belle.” she says softly to the young filly.

Sweetie moves in her sleep and opens her eyes. “Twilight?”

Twilight smiles, “Morning Sweetie. Hungry?” Sweetie nods as she climbs out of the chair and she and Twilight go to the cafeteria to get some food.

After they finish eating Sweetie speaks up. “So what brings you to the hospital this morning?”

“I have news from Princess Luna.” Twilight says.

“What is it?” Sweetie asks.

“It seems that Princess Luna can dreamwalk into unconscious ponies dream state.”

“She talked to him?” Sweetie asks excitedly.

“I have some bad news.” Twilight admits.

“He’s not going to wake up is he?” Sweetie looks downcast.

“We’re pretty sure he’s going to wake up, but from what Princess Luna said he’s suffering from total amnesia.”

“He doesn’t know who he is?” Sweetie asks. “How sad?”

“Luna informed him of the circumstances in which he was found and he asked her to thank you for saving him.”

Sweetie blushes, “Does he know I probably caused his memory loss?”

“I imagine that Luna told him everything.” Twilight answers.

“And he still thanks me?” Sweetie asks still blushing.

“Not only that, he asks that since he has no memory of who he is that you come up with a name for him to use.”

“He wants me to have a name for him?” Sweetie asks incredulously.

“That’s what Luna said.” Twilight answers.

“I’ll have to think on it for a little,” Sweetie says. “I have to admit the idea is a little overwhelming, I figured I had until I was a grown mare to worry about giving some pony a name.” She chuckles.

Twilight smiles slightly, “Look at it this way, at least he can decide if he wants to use a different name than the one you pick out.”

“True, and of course it would only be until we found out what his name really was, but I should still put a lot of thought into it.”

“Good luck Sweetie, I have some royal duties to attend to.”

“Don’t forget your date tomorrow night.”

Twilight smiles, “I’ll see you before I leave, I promise.”

Sweetie nods, “Okay, I’m going to go sit and think for a little.”

“Bye Sweetie,” Twilight says as she leaves and Sweetie goes back into the colt’s room.