• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

One Step Closer

Chapter 27: One Step Closer

Applejack walks up to Rich Manor and knocks on the door. Filthy Rich opens the door. "Applejack, to what do I deserve the honor of your visit."

"I'm looking for your daughter and mah sister. I got some questions for them."

"What do you mean you're looking for Diamond and Apple Bloom?"

"I reckon they didn't tell ya then."

"Tell me what?"

"They're fillyfriends."

"You're joking, right?"

Applejack shakes her head. "Nope."

Filthy sighs. "I believe Au Pair said she was taking Diamond to the spa."

"I should be able to catch up with them there."

"Applejack what is this about?"

"Sweetie Belle and Ash Fall ran away from Ponyville the other day. I need to ask if either of them know anything about it."

Filthy nods. "Good luck. Hope you found them soon."

"Thank ya, Mister Rich." Applejack says before running off towards the spa.

===========

Applejack walks into the spa and is greeted by a blue earth pony with a pink mane. "Welcome to Ponyville Spa, Applejack. How can I help you?"

"Hey Aloe." Applejack says. "I was wondering if Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom where here."

"We're right here." Apple Bloom says causing Applejack to turn towards her.

"Apple Bloom?" Applejack asks in surprise as she looks at the two fillies. Apple Bloom's mane has been styled around the silver tiara while Diamond wears her namesake. "What's with your mane?"

"I thought I'd try something new since Diamond wanted to pamper me." Apple Bloom answers.

"So this wasn’t your idea?” Applejack asks as she looks at Diamond.

Diamond shakes her head. “I just suggested we come here to clean up from the farm, I figured we could both use it. She was the one that came up with the idea to get her mane done.”

“Diamond tried to talk me outta it.” Bloom says. “Said she thought I looked fine the way I was, and she didn’t wanna change me.” Diamond blushes as Bloom speaks.

Applejack nods, knowing Bloom wasn’t lying to her. “I guess she really does like ya, huh?”

“I do Applejack, I’d do anything for her.” Diamond says. “You saw me getting my hoofs dirty on the farm just to spend time with her. I’m really hoping that when Bloom comes back I’ll still be allowed to visit and such.”

“We’ll see.” Applejack says. “First I need to ask ya somethin. Sweetie and Ash ran off somewhere, do either of you know anything about that?”

“I don’t.” Bloom says. “Diamond?”

Diamond sighs. “I gave them some bits, and had Au Pair buy them tickets to Tall Tale.”

“Diamond?” Bloom looks at her fillyfriend sadly. “Why?”

“Sweetie came to me with the idea that I could help you get your cutie mark.” Diamond says. “She said that she and Ash wanted to go to Tall Tale and wouldn't tell me why. I assumed that since Sweetie was in heat she and Ash wanted to go somewhere where they could be completely alone.”

“Thank ya for being honest.” Applejack says to Diamond. “I need to go tell the others, then I’m going to head back to the farm. I’ll see y’all in a couple days."

Applejack leaves and Bloom looks at Diamond. “So you lied to me on when you and Sweetie came up with the idea to help me get my cutie mark?"

“Yeah, she came to my place, and got me to confess my feelings for you to her and her coltfriend. Then she told me her idea, and made me memorize the story she wanted me to tell. She didn’t think you’d trust me enough to come do the project otherwise.” Diamond admits and hangs her head. “I’d understand if you never wanted to talk to me again.”

Bloom nudges Diamond’s head up and kisses her. “Be kinda hard to be your fillyfriend and never talk to ya again.”

“You mean you forgive me?”

“I figure some little lies are okay, as long as you admit them when you get caught. If you keep lying then you’re in trouble.”

Diamond smiles. “Thank you Apple Bloom.”

=========

Applejack arrives back at the castle and hears Rainbow Dash talking. "Tight Schedule said that he remembered them having tickets but he couldn't remember where they went."

"Can't say I'm too surprised." Rarity says. "Tight Schedule is almost as old as Granny Smith."

"Granny's got a couple decades on him." Applejack says as she enters the room.

"Sorry Applejack." Rarity apologies. "I didn't mean to offend you."

"It's alright." Applejack says.

"Did you find anything out?" Twilight asks.

"Yeah." Applejack answers. "Diamond Tiara gave them some bits, and she bought them tickets to Tall Tale."

"What are we waiting for?" Rarity asks as she jumps out of her seat. "We need to go after her."

"Yeah!" Pinkie exclaims. "We need to go after them. They left without letting me throw them a party!"

"We should all go to the train station and take the next train there."

"Excuse me." Fluttershy says meekly causing the others to get quiet. "Has anypony considered that they could come back while we're out looking for them?"

“Fluttershy has a point.” Twilight says. “We need to go about this the right way.”

“Do you have a plan?” Rarity asks.

“Pinkie, would you go get Spike from his room please?”

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie says as she bounces off to get Spike, a few minutes later she returns with him.

“Twilight, what’s this about?” Spike asks.

“Sweetie and Ash ran away.” Twilight answers. “Our only lead is that they got on the train to Tall Tale a few days ago. A few of us are going to go after us, and the rest are going to stay here incase they return.”

“What do you need me to do?” Spike asks.

“You’ll remain here at the castle, where those that stay behind can find you if needed.” Twilight answers. “I now know the spell that allows me to send a message via magical fire, so I can send you a message if we find them. I’ve already enchanted my crown as a contact point, so you can send a message to me if they return.”

“That makes sense.” Spike says.

“Ok, good.” Twilight says. “Now we need to decide who’s going to stay, and who’s going to go.”

“I need to get back to the farm.” Applejack says. “So I’ll be stayin here.”

Twilight nods. “I think it would be best if you stayed here Rarity.”

“And why do you think that Darling?” Rarity asks.

“If Sweetie returns she’ll probably come to the Boutique first.”

Rarity sighs. “You’re probably right. I have some dresses I should be working on anyway.”

“The Cakes need me at the Bakery, so I can’t go.” Pinkie says.

“Fluttershy? Rainbow Dash? Can you two go?” Twilight asks.

“Let’s go!” Rainbow says.

“My animals should be fine on their own for a little while.” Fluttershy says. "But what about Scootaloo?"

"What about me?" Scootaloo asks as she walks into the Throne Room with Silver Spoon beside her.

"Ash and Sweetie ran away." Twilight says. "Several of us are going to leave Ponyville to look for them."

"They had just asked me if I could go." Fluttershy explains. "But I am concerned about you."

"She can stay with me." Silver Spoon says. "We have plenty of room."

"Will your mom be okay with that?" Fluttershy asks.

Silver Spoon nods. "It'll be fine."

"Are you okay with that Scootaloo?" Fluttershy asks.

"Yeah, I can deal with that." Scootaloo answers. "You go find Sweets."

Fluttershy nods and turns to Twilight. "I'm ready then."

“All right, the three of us need to get to the train station and get moving then.” Twilight says and the three of them leave.