• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

My My, Hey Hey

Chapter 16: My my, hey hey

Canterlot, immediately following Twilight’s teleportation to the Crystal Empire. Celestia turns to Rarity. “You’re turn Rarity, are you ready?”

“Of course your majesty.” Rarity answers. “If you would be so kind as to teleport me to my boutique I would appreciate it.”

“I believe I remember the area well enough to do that for you.” Celestia says as her magic envelopes Rarity.

“Thank you, your majesty.” Rarity says right before she vanishes.

=========

Rarity appears right in front of Carousel Boutique. “What impeccable aim.” She goes into the shop and check everything out. Finding everything alright and not seeing Sweetie, she figures she’s out crusading and starts working on a dress. Sweetie and Ash come in from Zecora’s, Rarity glances at them acknowledging them as they enter and go to Sweetie’s room without even disturbing her from her work. The next morning she’s up making breakfast when Sweetie comes down.

“Good morning Sweetie Belle,” Rarity says as she cooks breakfast.

“Morning Rarity.”

“Where did you go yesterday?”

“We took Ash to see Zecora, she gave him some potions that might help him heal faster.”

Rarity frowns, “you three went into the Everfree alone?”

“Apple Bloom knew a safe path, we didn’t see any monsters.” Sweetie says.

Rarity sighs, “I suppose that’s that then. Promise not to go without an adult again?”

Sweetie nods, “Of course I didn’t mean to cause any problems.”

“There’s no problems, it’s just that the Everfree Forest is full of monsters. You could’ve been hurt.”

“I’m sorry Rarity, we won’t do it again.”

“Thank you.”

“So I take it everything went well in Canterlot?”

“We have a peace deal with the griffons for now.” Rarity answers.

Sweetie looks confused. “Why? They attacked us?”

“Princess Celestia thought it would be best to avoid an all out war if possible.”

“Are they paying for damages or anything?”

“I don’t know, I wasn’t privy to all the details, but I’m sure something will be worked out.”

“So did everypony come back? I need to ask Twilight something.”

“Twilight went to the Crystal Empire to take a couple days off, so I need you and your friends to try and stay out of trouble.”

“Of course,” Sweetie says.

“What did you need to speak with Twilight for anyway?”

“Are you aware of why Zecora only speaks in rhyme?”

“No, a lady would never pry into somepony’s business like that.”

“Ash asked, and..” Sweetie hesitates.

“What is it Sweetie?” Rarity asks.

“The whole story isn’t mine to tell, but part of it is somepony cursed her.”

“Somepony cursed her to speak in rhyme?” Rarity asks and Sweetie nods. “That’s horrible!”

“That’s what I was thinking.” Sweetie says. “I was hoping with Twilight being the princess of magic might be able to do something about that.”

“Twilight might be able to break a curse, she is pretty well versed in magic.”

“I also was hoping that we can do something else to help her, but I’m not sure how we’d go about it.”

“What is it Sweetie?”

“She has a daughter that the pony who cursed her took away from her.”

Rarity gasps. “You want to find her daughter?

Sweetie nods. “It’s not right that she might not ever see her daughter again.”

“I will go tell Spike all of this, and he can tell Twilight when she returns.” Rarity says. “We’ll see what she says, and then we’ll talk to Zecora. Have you thought that she might not even want the curse removed or to see her daughter?”

“I hadn’t thought about that.” Sweetie admits. “I guess we’ll take it one step at a time?”

“That sounds about right.”

“Thanks for everything Rarity.”

Rarity nods, “Now I have some errands to run, and then I have a dress to finish. So I’m going to be busy the rest of the day.”

“Don’t worry me and Ash will stay out of your mane for the day.”

Rarity smiles, “just make sure you’re back before sunset.” She uses her magic to place some breakfast on the table and then leaves on her errands.

==========

Rarity returns to the Boutique only to find her parents waiting for her inside. "Mother, father what are you doing back from vacation already?" Rarity asks.

"We heard about the griffon attack here and wanted to check on our girls." Cookie answers.

“We’re fine mother,” Rarity insists. “I’m one of the Elements of Harmony remember?”

“I know, but I can still worry about you, can’t I?”

“Of course mother, but you didn’t need to cut your vacation short.”

“But I did, now where is your sister?”

“I believe she took Ash to the doctor.”

“Ash?” Cookie asks.

Rarity sighs, “Ash is a young colt about the same age as Sweetie.”

“She’s with a colt?” Hondo asks.

“Yes,” Rarity says and sees her father’s face. “It’s a long story, perhaps you should sit while I tell you everything.” Her parents sit and Rarity tells them everything that has transpired since they left.

“Let me get this straight,” Hondo says. “You’re letting your sister sleep with a strange
colt?”

“She saved the colt’s life, and he can’t really get around without help. I saw no harm in it, especially when she got her cutie mark when she was singing for him.”

Cookie nods, “I suppose you are checking on them through the night to make sure they’re behaving?”

Rarity nods. “Of course, and I already have some moon tea made up that I’ll give her if I even think they’re going to go there.”

“You made moon tea?”

“I started collecting the ingredients as soon as I knew she rescued a colt, I figured I should be prepared.”

“I suppose we can’t be too mad at you.” Cookie says. “After all you had you first coltfriend when you were her age, I don’t see why we should have a problem with her having one. Right Hondo?”

Hondo nods. “I want to meet this Ash though.”

“I told them to be home before sunset, so they should be getting back soon.”

========

Sometime later they hear the voice of Ash at the door. “I’m so tired.”

“Ah, good, sounds like they’re here.” Rarity says.

“They’re talking at your door?” Cookie asks.

“It sounds that way,” Rarity admits. “Kind of cute if you ask me.”

“They’re talking awhile, I’m going to open the door and let them know we’re here.” Cookie says and opens the door only to see Sweetie and Ash kissing. “You young lady have some explaining to do.”

Sweetie squeaks. “Hi mom.”