• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Every Morning

Chapter 3: Every Morning


Every morning Rarity wakes up at precisely 5 am, she can't help it, it's just the way she is. Today is no exception, as per her usual schedule she goes about making breakfast for her and her sister. At 6 am, she goes to Sweeties room to wake her. "Sweetie, breakfast!" and unusual silence is heard. "Come on deary, I promised you could help me with dresses today, don't you remember?" Rarity asks and then frowns when not even a sound is heard. "Sweetie Belle, if you don’t come out this moment I'm coming in!" When Sweetie obviously doesn't come out Rarity opens the door using her unicorn magic and discovers Sweetie Belle is missing.

Her fainting couch is quickly brought to her side so she can faint onto it. Rarity recovers her wits as fast as she can, and remembers that Sweetie Belle went off on her own yesterday, and suddenly she's worried for her younger sister. The white unicorn leaves her Boutique, without even eating her breakfast. She sees a lot of clouds in the sky, and then suddenly the tale-tale rainbow streak of her true-true friend Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow Dash!" she calls out

"Can't stop and talk Rarity." Rainbow Dash says as she bashes clouds. "Today's suppose to be sunny."

Rarity looks at the mess of clouds, and realizes even Rainbow Dash has her work cut out for her, so she leaves the cyan pegasus to her weather. She frantically walks down the street looking for her sister when she sees everyone's favorite pink party pony working at the Cake's Bakery. Rarity goes in. "Pinkie."

"Hey Rarity!" Pinkie says as he zips between either taking orders or delivering them. "What can I do for you?"

Rarity, dizzy already from following Pinkie's movements shakes her head to clear her thoughts. "Have you seen Sweetie Belle? I'm not entirely sure she came home last night."

"Nope." Pinkie says. "Can't say as I've seen her, but I've been here all day yesterday and today. The Cake's had to leave suddenly for a family emergency, so they asked me to cover for them."

Rarity nods, "If you see her tell her I'm looking for her." She pauses, "and if she asks for anything please give it to her, I'm worried about her."

"Of course Rarity, what are friends for?" Pinkie asks and then goes about the bakery business.

Rarity sighs and thinks, she knows Applejack was on the farm all day yesterday, and had forbade Sweetie from going there, so there was no chance she'd be there. Even Sweetie wouldn’t break rules like that. She walks calmly to the library, knowing that in there was one friend who would always make time for her. Rarity opens the door to the library and sees Spike shelving books. “Good morning Spike, is Twilight in?”

“Actually Rarity, she never came back last night.” Spike answers.

“What do you mean?” Rarity asks. “I thought she was spending yesterday trying to get the new library ready to open up.”

“She was, she sent me out to get some supplies that we were missing, and when I returned there was a note saying that she went off with Fluttershy, and it was some sort of an emergency.”

Rarity nods, “It must have been pretty bad if Fluttershy came to get Twilight’s help.”

“I have no idea, but the note said it wasn’t dangerous, and not to wait up for her, so I figure she probably crashed at Fluttershy’s.”

“Probably,” Rarity says then turns to walk off. “Oh wait, you didn’t happen to see Sweetie Belle yesterday did you?”

Spike thinks for a minute. “You know I think I might’ve seen her walking toward their clubhouse.”

Rarity nods, “I’ll head that way, maybe she fell asleep there.”

“I’ll keep an eye out for her Rarity, and let her know you’re looking for her.”

“Thank you darling.” Rarity says. “Now, I’d best head toward their clubhouse”

"Good luck!" Spike calls out as Rarity trots off.

Rarity heads off in the direction of the crusaders clubhouse when a voice calls out. "Incoming!"

Rarity quickly dodges as Scootaloo jumps off her scooter, Scoots flaps her wings a few times to soften her landing. Rarity grabs the scooter in her magic before it hits her. "Scootaloo are you alright?"

Scootaloo gets out of the bush she landed in and flaps her wings a few times to get rid of the miscellaneous debris in her wings. “Yeah, I’m fine. I don’t think I quite got my scooter fixed from last night.”

“What happened last night?”

“I was trying to show Rainbow Dash a new trick and failed, wrecked my scooter a bit, and hurt myself a little.” Scootaloo answers.

“Oh deary I hope you weren't hurt bad.” Rarity says.

“Nah, but Dash insisted on taking me to the hospital just to be safe. Of course she ended up having to leave me there, but that’s fine especially since she told Sweetie to apologize for her.”

“That’s great…. Wait? Did you say Sweetie?” Rarity asks and Scootaloo nods. “Are you saying you saw Sweetie Belle at the hospital last night?!”

“Yeah, didn’t she come home?” Scootaloo replies but Rarity is already galloping toward the hospital. Scootaloo picks up her scooter and decides to walk it home in order to check for missed damage.

Rarity bursts into the hospital and goes to Nurse Blueheart. “Excuse is my sister here?”

“White unicorn with a lavender mane?” Nurse Blueheart asks and Rarity nods. “Right this way.” she leads her back to the patient rooms, Rarity’s nervousness growing every step. “Here you are.”

Rarity looks in and sees Sweetie curled up in the chair, and the young colt in the bed. “She’s okay?” Rarity asks quietly.

“Yeah, she saved that colt’s life.” Blueheart replies.

Rarity nods and goes into the room and gently nudges Sweetie who wakes up rather quickly and seeing Rarity blushes very deeply, and goes to say something, but before she does Rarity puts one hoof over her mouth and goes. “Hush.” Then points to the colt before walking out of the room.

Sweetie quietly gets out of the chair and follows Rarity, once away from the room she speaks up. “Rarity, I’m sorry.”

“Whatever for Sweetie?”

“I never came home last night.”

“Now while I am certainly upset about that I have heard of your exploits yesterday. You’re a hero Sweetie, a real hero.”

“I was just doing what any pony would’ve done in the same situation Rarity, and that wasn’t even enough Nurse Redheart told me last night that he has a concussion from hitting the ground as hard as he did.”

“But Sweetie, you tried your best.”

“Yeah, but it might not be good enough. Nurse Redheart said he’s in a coma cause of the concussion and might not wake up, and if he does he might have brain damage, and that’s all my fault.”

“Now Sweetie if it hadn’t been for you he’d be dead for certain, wouldn’t he?”

“Well, yeah, but I shoulda been able to do better.”

“Sweetie, I use my magic all the time, and I’m not sure I could stop a falling pony completely. I’m not entirely sure Twilight could’ve done much better.”

“Actually from what she told me you’re probably right Rarity.” Twilight says as she walks up to them.

Rarity turns to see her friend a disheveled mess. “My goodness, what happened to your mane?”

“I slept here at the hospital after using my magic to help heal the colt that Sweetie rescued.” Twilight answered.

“So do you really think you couldn’t have done much better saving the pony than me?” Sweetie looks at Twilight curiously.

“As an alicorn, yes, I could of flown up and caught him, but as a unicorn I’m not sure I could’ve stopped him any better than you did. From what you were saying he was falling pretty fast and a moving object is not exactly something easy to grasp with magic.”

Sweetie smiles slightly. “Thank you Twilight that makes me feel a little better.”

“I know what would make me feel better, breakfast, I’m starved.” Twilight says.

“Come on, we’ll eat at the cafeteria, my treat.” Rarity says and they all head for the cafeteria and all grab something to eat. Sweetie commences to scarfing down her breakfast while Twilight and Rarity eat more civilized. “So, I’m assuming this colt that Sweetie rescued was the emergency that Fluttershy came to talk to you about?”

“Yeah,” Twilight answers. “I really need to get back to the library and tell Spike what’s going on, I feel bad for leaving him there.”

“The place seemed nice enough when I was there.” Rarity comments. “I think he had it under control”

“That’s great, I feel bad for leaving him by himself yesterday, maybe I could give him the day off.” Twilight says. “Of course first I need to send Princess Celestia a letter.”

“I’m sure he would appreciate that. You can send him over to my shop, I have a few extra gems he can have too.” Rarity offers.

“Thanks Rarity, that sounds great.” Twilight says as she finishes her food then heads off.

“Now, Sweetie, what about you?” Rarity asks.

“What about me?” Sweetie asks.

“What are you going to do today? Are you going to come to the Boutique and help me or would you like to stay here with your coltfriend?”

Sweetie blushes furiously, “Hey, that’s no fair! I don’t know him, I just feel responsible for his injury.”

“I understand Sweetie, you’re hoping that you’ll be here when he wakes up so that you know that you didn’t do any permanent damage aren’t you?” Rarity asks and Sweetie nods. “From what you said there’s no telling how long he’ll be out, so why don’t you come help me for a little and clear your head? You can come here anytime you’d like, especially since mom and dad are on vacation again, and we’ll keep this whole thing between us for now, okay?” Rarity asks with a wink.

Sweetie smiles and gets up. “Thanks Rarity, now let’s get to work!” with that the two of them head back to Carousel Boutique.