• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Over My Head

Chapter 31: Over My Head

“Rarity! Rarity!” Spike yells at as he runs into the Boutique.

“What is it Darling?” Rarity asks as she comes from the back room.

“I got a letter from Twilight.” Spike answers.

“Did they find Sweetie?”

“Yes.” Spike answers. “Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy found Sweetie and Ash in the woods and brought them back to town. Twilight wrote the letter while they were getting a shower.”

“Did she say what their plans were?”

“They plan on catching the train back to Ponyville tomorrow.” Spike answers. “They should be home by tomorrow afternoon.”

“Thank goodness.” Rarity says. “It’ll be good for this whole situation to be over.”

“What are you going to do about Sweetie and Ash?” Spike asks.

“I don’t know, Spike.” Rarity answers. “Sweetie’s my sister, my parents will have more to say about what happens to her than I will.”

“Should I go tell them that she’s safe?”

“No. I’ll go do it.” Rarity says. “I could use a break anyway.”

Spike nods. “I’m going to go tell Applejack and Pinkie Pie so everypony’s up to date.”

“That’s a wonderful idea.” Rarity says and grabs a gem from her box with her magic and floats it over to him. “Here, have this gem for such hard work.”

Spike takes the gem and eats it. “Thanks Rarity, you’re the best.” With that he leaves.

=========

Rarity trots up to her parents door and knocks. Cookie Crumbles answers. “Rarity, how nice of you to come see us!” She says as she hugs her daughter. “I take it you have news on Sweetie Belle?”

“Of course I do mother.” Rarity responds. “Twilight and the others have found her and Ash Fall in Tall Tale and will be bringing them back tomorrow.”

“Is Ash the reason Sweetie ran off?” Hondo asks.

“I would assume so.” Rarity answers. “But until they return we won’t know for sure.”

“When they get back maybe we should not let them see each other again.”

“Father! You can’t be serious!”

“Why wouldn’t I be Rarity?”

“The two of them are obviously in love. It wouldn’t be right to force them apart.”

“What do you expect us to do?”

“I would have you hear the reason why they left before passing judgement.”

“What gives you the right to tell us what we should do?”

“The fact that you and mother made me Sweetie’s guardian so you two go on you business trips.”

“And who is it that raised you?”

“Mostly mother.” Rarity says. “You were gone so much.”

“Yeah, on the same business trips that your mom now goes with me on. Don’t you think she deserves to be able to spend time with me?”

“Of course.”

“And that means that you take care of your sister for us.”

“That’s right.”

“But she’s still our daughter, so in the end it’s what we say that goes.”

“Maybe, but whom are you going to expect to enforce your decision?”

“Are you saying you’d go against our decision?”

“If I don’t agree with it? Yes, I would.”

“I can’t believe you!” Hondo says. “After everything we’ve done for you!”

“I don’t care about myself.” Rarity says. “I care about Sweetie’s happiness.”

“You care about her happiness more than your own?”

“Yes.” Rarity says. “And if I think the reason Sweetie ran off with Ash is reasonable I will do everything in my power to keep them together.”

“What are you saying?”

“That if I don’t agree with your decision I will petition to fully adopt Sweetie.”

“You think you can take care of her on your own?” Hondo asks. “No more trips to Canterlot or Manehatten? Cause if you take her, we won’t be here to help you.”

“You know what?” Rarity says. “I don’t need your help! I have my friends, they will help me if I need it.”

“If that’s the way you feel then take her.” Hondo says. “She was as much accident as you anyway, it'll be one less thing we have to worry about.”

“Then so be it.” Rarity snaps as she turns and walks away.

=========

Some time later Spike knocks at the Boutique door again. Rarity opens the door and looks at Spike. “Spike, what are you doing here so late?”

“I got another letter from Twilight.” Spike says as he looks toward the ground.

“What is it?” Rarity asks. “Is Sweetie alright?”

“Everypony is fine.” Spike answers.

“Then what is the matter?”

“Twilight wrote to tell us that they won’t be coming back to Ponyville right way.”

“Where are they going?”

“Canterlot.” Spike answers. “Apparently Ash wants to talk to the Princesses.”

Rarity sighs. “Spike, I need you to write a letter to Twilight.”

“Of course.” Spike says. “What’s going on?”

“I’m going to Canterlot,” Rarity says. “I need you to instruct Twilight to meet me at the train station in Canterlot.”

“Why are you going to Canterlot?”

“I need to be where Sweetie is.”

“You want to be there in case she needs you?”

“Exactly.” Rarity says. “We know their train doesn’t leave until morning, and neither does ours, so I have time to pack and get things ready.”

“Gotcha.”

“Good.” Rarity says. “Now I need to work on packing.”

“Alright, I’ll come by in the morning and help you with your bags.”

“That would be delightful.” Rarity says. “Could you also tell the others so they’re not worried?”

“Of course I will Rarity.” Spike says as he turns and heads away.

=========

The next morning Spike comes to Carousel Boutique and knocks. “Rarity, it’s time to go if you want to make the morning train.”

The door opens with the blue glow of Rarity’s magic. “Do come in Darling. I packed as light as I could.”

Spike looks to the pile of luggage, about a dozen bags sit there. “Looks like you’re ready.” He grabs the bags and they go to the train station. “Anything else?” Spike asks after the luggage is loaded.

“Wait for me!” Pinkie yells as she comes running, baked goods falling out of her saddlebags.

“Pinkie?” Rarity asks once she’s close. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m coming with you.”

“What about the Cakes?”

“I arranged everything with them last night, they’ll be fine without me again for a little while.” Pinkie answers. “When Spike told me about the second letter and that you were leaving my Pinkie Sense told me I needed to go with you.”

“I suppose there’s no talking you out of this is there?”

“Nope.”

“Fine, you can come.”

“Glad ta hear ya ain’t goin’ try and talk her outta comin” Applejack says surprising both of them.

“Hi Applejack.” Pinkie says. “I thought you were busy at the farm.”

“Big Mac told me ta go with y’all.” Applejack says.

“You too?” Rarity asks.

“Ya know it.” Applejack says.

“I know I can’t talk Pinkie out of coming, what about you?” Rarity asks.

“No way.” Applejack says. “I already went and got Apple Bloom from Diamond’s so that she could help Big Mac.”

“I’m sure she wasn’t too happy with that.” Rarity says.

“Diamond seemed more hurt, but I told her she was welcome to come visit the farm as long as she didn’t get in the way.”

“That seems fair.” Rarity says. “How are things going between the two of them?”

“When I left Diamond was talking to Filthy about investing in the farm.” Applejack says. “So guess we’ll see.”

“Last call for Canterlot!” Tight Schedule yells.

“We’d better get on this here train.” Applejack says as she gets on the train.

“Okie dokie lokie.” Pinkie says as she gets on the train followed by Rarity.

Shortly after they board the train blows its whistle and they are on their way.