• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Separate Ways

Chapter 14: Separate Ways

Meanwhile, in Canterlot. Twilight stands as a team of ponies, all directed by Rarity work in a flurry around her. “Rarity this really isn’t necessary.” Twilight says.

“Of course it is darling.” Rarity says. “You should look your best for your date.”

“I missed the date remember?”

“Only because you were kidnapped by griffons, I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“And if he doesn’t?”

“Then it’s time for you to find somepony else.” Rarity states simply. “You’re a Princess, Twilight, whomever you’re with is to going to have to understand that Equestria is always going to come first with you.”

“Is that really how I am?” Twilight asks.

“Well, you do always put Equestria's best interests before your own.”

Twilight sighs, “I suppose I do, don’t I?”

“It’s perfectly alright darling, you’re a Princess; a ruler of Equestria, you’re suppose to put the nation’s interests first.”

“Is that what my life is going to be Rarity?” Twilight asks. “Always serving Equestria? Never taking time for myself?”

“Surely you don’t mean that Twilight.” Celestia says as walks into the room.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight exclaims. “Sorry, I am just overwhelmed with everything that’s happened recently.”

“I can understand, things have been rather hectic lately. Haven’t they?”

“Between a young pony literally falling into town, and then everything with the griffons it’s been a rough couple of days.”

“Why don’t you stay in the Crystal Empire for a few days and rest?” Celestia suggests. “I’m sure the other elements can handle things in your place.”

“That sounds like a marvelous idea.” Rarity says. “I’m sure we can manage things for a few days.”

“I don’t know…” Twilight says hesitantly.

“We’ll be fine Twilight,” Rarity insistes. “Spike can send Celestia a message if there’s a problem”

“Cadance has been asking me to come visit for some reason other than business.” Twilight admits.

“Then it’s settled.” Celestia says.

“Very well.” Twilight says.

A pony comes in with some material and gives it to Rarity. “Oh thank you, just what I was waiting for.” Rarity quickly uses the fabric to complete Twilight’s dress. “There, now you are ready.” She says as she pulls a mirror over with her magic.

Twilight looks at herself in the mirror and sees herself in a dark purple dress with pink lace edges, her cutie mark is stitched into the side of the dress in thread matching her coat. “Rarity you have outdone yourself.”

“Why thank you Twilight.”

“If everything is in order, then I shall send you to the Crystal Kingdom.” Celestia says.

“I am ready, send me to the place please.” Twilight requests.

“I will do that,” Celestia says. “I’ve already sent word ahead that you were coming.”

“Thank you.” Twilight says and as she is surrounded by the golden glow of Celestia’s magic and then she vanishes.

=========

“Welcome Twilight,” Princess Cadance says.

Twilight smiles and walks up to her former foalsitter. Realizing that they’re alone she grins wider and starts jumping in place, only to be quickly followed by Cadance as they chant and go through the motions. “Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and give a little shake!”

“It is so good to see you Twilight.” Cadance says.

“I’m glad to be here, much better than stuck in Griffonholm.”

“So it’s true that the griffons ponynapped you?”

“Unfortunately.” Twilight admits. “Look I was suppose to go on a date last night with one of your guards, Flash Sentry. I was hoping to arrange a makeup date with him tonight, if he’s willing.”

Cadance smiles. “I’ll talk to Shinning and have him talk to Flash and see if he’s up for it.”

“What if he has duty tonight?” Twilight asks.

“My husband’s Captain of the Guard. I’m sure we can make an arrangement.”

“Thank you Cadance. I appreciate.”

“Come on, I’ll take you to your room. You look like you could use a little rest.”

Twilight nods. “That sounds wonderful.”

Cadance leads them to a room. “Here you go, I’ll come get you once I’ve heard back from Flash, okay?”

Twilight nods. “Okay,” she goes into the room and removes the dress Rarity made for her, and hangs it up before laying in the plush bed and immediately passing out.

==========

Several hours later Cadance knocks on the door. “Twilight?” Upon not getting an answer Cadance carefully opens the door and peers in on Twilight only to see her still asleep. “Oh Twilight, you must’ve been exhausted.” Cadance sighs and gently nudges Twilight.

“Spike it can’t possibly be morning yet, leave me alone.” Twilight grumbles in her sleep.

“Twilight, this isn’t Spike.” Cadance says. “You need to get up now.”

Instantly Twilight springs out of bed her wings out, her horn fully charged. “Where’s the emergency?”

“Twilight, calm down, you’re safe in the Crystal Empire and there’s no real emergency.” Cadance says. “Except you do have a date to get ready for.”

“Date?” Twilight asks confused. “When?”

“You have a couple of hours.”

“A couple of hours?” Twilight starts to panic, “I have so much to do, I have to make sure my dress is clean, get myself clean, get my mane done.” Twilight sighs. “I’m sure I’m missing things, I need to make a list.”

“Twilight, calm down.” Cadance says. “I will help you. First I’ll have somepony take care your dress, you get a shower. After your shower I’ll do you mane. Then I’ll take you to where you’re going to meet Flash, okay?”

Twilight nods,as she calms down all problems seemingly solved. “All right.”

==========

Cadance leads Twilight, once again in her dress, her mane styled rather nicely to a restaurant. “Flash should be here any moment.”

“Thank you Cadance.” Twilight says.

“Don’t mention it.” Cadance says, then leaves Twilight waiting for her date.

Flash walks up a few minutes later dressed in a suit. “You know I half debated not showing up at all.” He says coldly.

Twilight hangs her head. “I’m sorry, it really wasn’t my fault.”

“Yeah, the Captain told me you got poynapped.” Flash says. “That’s the only reason I agreed to come attempt to meet with you again, I thought you’d just ditched me Princess.”

“I would never do that Flash.” Twilight says. “If a royal duty came up I would send a letter explaining why I couldn’t make it, but this was literally completely out of my control.”

Flash nods. “Well then, shall we go on our date?”

Twilight smiles. “Of course.”

They go into the restaurant and are immediately seated. “Wow, that’s weird it took me an hour to get a table yesterday.”

“Cadance made reservations for us, both times. They were under my name.” Twilight admits.

“But you didn’t give them your name.”

Twilight chuckles. ‘How many Princesses does Equestria have?”

“Good point.” They look over their menus are order.

“So how did the Crystal Kingdom fair with the griffon attack?”

“Please tell me we’re not going to discuss work on our date.” Flash groans.

“Sorry,” Twilight says meekly, nearly impersonating Fluttershy. “Just trying to make small talk."

"Of course," Flash says. "How have things been with you?"

"You mean outside of being ponynapped?"

Flash chuckles, "yeah."

"I have been busy getting the new library open."

"Do you not have any hobbies?"

"Does reading count as a hobby?"

"Only if it's not work related reading."

"Oh, then no. I read whatever I can get my hooves on."

"Wow you read a lot huh?"

"Just about any time I'm not saving Equestria or helping a friend." Twilight answers. "What about your hobbies?"

Flash thinks for a minute. "I don't think I'm any better off than you are come to think about it. Everything I do has something to do with me being a guard."

Their food comes and they eat, Twilight pays the bill and they leave. "Thank you for the date Flash." Twilight says.

“Do I hear a but?” Flash asks.

“Flash, I think we need to face it, this isn’t going to work out.”

“What do you mean?”

“You remember the incident with the mirror?”

“Of course, everypony does.”

“I meet you, or your double at least.”

“My double?”

Twilight nods. “I meet your double, and I think I might have a crush on him.”

“You were hoping I would be him?”

“I think so, I’m sorry.”

“I understand.” Flash says. “Or well, I understand about as much as I could.”

“Friends?” Twilight asks.

Flash nods. “Of course.” With that Twilight heads to the castle and Flash toward the barracks.