• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

What's Your Name?

Author's Note:

To those that have been reading this: I'm sorry this got skipped earlier, I apparently lost it for a bit and I found it last night.

Chapter 6: What’s Your Name?

Rainbow flies over to Fluttershy's cottage and sees Scootaloo's scooter leaning against a tree. Rainbow lands and knocks on the door.

Fluttershy opens the door. "Rainbow Dash, you must be here for Scootaloo, I'll get her."

“Actually, I came to check on you.” Rainbow says.

"I'm doing fine, made a trip to the spa yesterday to get all the blood off my wings and coat." Fluttershy admits. .

Rainbow nods, “I'm glad you're doing alright. I was worried about you. ”

“A little blood doesn't bother me, as long as it's not mine. ” Fluttershy murmurs.

“Good to hear. Look I'm headed over to Sweet Apple Acres, want to come with me?" Rainbow asks.

“I can't. I have to feed a lot of animals today, but you can take Scootaloo with you if she wants to go. She doesn't do very well around some of the animals.”

“I'd be happy to take her along then." Rainbow says.

Fluttershy goes further into her cottage. “Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo sitting at the table looks up from her breakfast. “Yeah Fluttershy?”

“Rainbow Dash is going to go to Sweet Apple Acres and wanted to see if you wanted to go along.” Fluttershy answers.

Scootaloo grins and leaps out of her seat, her wings going wild as runs to the front room and sees Rainbow Dash. “Hey squirt.” Rainbow calls out. “You coming?”

“Of course,” Scootaloo says as she grabs her helmet and puts it on. She goes past Rainbow and hops on her scooter. “Let’s go.”

“See you later Flutters.” Rainbow says before she takes wing and flies off her and Scootaloo heading toward Sweet Apple Acres.

A few minutes later the two of them arrive at Sweet Apple Acres and find Applejack bucking an apple tree. “Hey Applejack,” Rainbow says as she hovers beside Applejack.

“Hey you two,” Applejack says then looks at Scootaloo. “Apple Bloom’s in the barn taking care of some chores if ya wanna help her.”

“I can do that.” Scootaloo says as she buzzes her wings and goes toward the barn.

“So what’s going on Rainbow?” Applejack asks. “It ain’t lunch time and you would just be up in the clouds it ya wanted a nap.”

“I came to tell you what’s going on in town,” Rainbow says.

“What is it?” Applejack asks.

“Seems like Sweetie Belle’s the little hero,” Rainbow starts. “She saved a pony that was being carried by a griffon.”

“A griffon? What in tarnation was a griffon doing carrying a pony?” Applejack asks.

“The griffon Prince came to Ponyville himself to explain, claims that the pony was at an outpost of theirs, an outpost away from any pony city they say.” Rainbow explains.

“That doesn’t explain why the griffon was carrying the pony.” Applejack points out.

“Bastion, the Prince said they were bringing him in for questioning.” Rainbow says. “Seems the young colt attacked the griffon just above the Everfree Forest, lucky for him Sweetie saw him fall and managed to rescue him.”

“Did you say young colt?” Applejack asks.

“Yeah, I’ve seen him, probably about the same age as the Crusaders.”

“They think a school age colt is some sorta spy?”

“I’m not sure what they think, and from what Twilight tells me, it doesn't’ matter”

“Why’s that?” Applejack asks.

“Princess Luna met the colt dreamwalking, seems like he has amnesia.”

“Well, doesn’t that just figure?” Applejack asks.

“Yeah, Twilight seems worried that there’s more to this then one colt.” Rainbow says. “I hate to admit it, but she might be right.”

================

“So you’re tellin’ me that Sweetie’s stayin’ in this colt’s hospital room?” Apple Bloom asks as she and Scootaloo do chores.

“That’s what Rainbow Dash said I guess she’s worried about him after she saved his life.” Scootaloo answers.

“Did she get her cutie mark in pony savin’?” Apple Bloom asks

“I didn’t see a cutie mark when I saw her that evening.” Scootaloo answers

“Figures.” Apple Bloom says. “Have you seen the colt?”

“Nah, they wouldn’t let me. Although I did hear he doesn’t have a cutie mark”

“A colt crusader?” Apple Bloom asks.

“Probably going to have to invite him at least, otherwise Sweetie might not want to be part of our group any more.”

“I suppose if she's up in the hospital room with him you’re probably right.” Apple Bloom sighs. “Maybe it won’t be that bad, could be fun havin’ a colt around ya know?”

Scootaloo smiles slightly. “I suppose it couldn’t be all that bad.”

“Come on, we got more chores to do”

“Yeah, let’s go.”

================

Sweetie sits next to the colt. “So you want me to name you, huh? Sure would be easier if I could talk to you.” She sighs. “Hey that gives me an idea.” She gets down from the chair and goes to the guards. “Excuse me guards?”

One of the guards looks at her. “Yes little one?”

“Would it be possible for somepony to get Princess Twilight’s assistant Spike to come here please?” Sweetie asks.

The guards look at each other unsure. “Hungry?” Pinkie pops up with a basket baked goods.

“Why thank you” one of the guards says as he takes the food.

“Could I see the colt?” Pinkie asks.

“I’m not sure ma’am,” the guard answers and then smiles slightly. “Maybe if you had someone vouch for you, like the Princess’ assistant?”

Pinkie grins, “Spike! I’ll go get him!” With that she runs off.

“There you go young one.” The guard says smiling. “Princess Twilight told us to let the other elements come and go as they want, and we all love the Element of Laughter, and now we have a good way to get Spike here.

“My name is Sweetie Belle, please call me Sweetie.”

The guard chuckles and pushes the basket to Sweetie. “I’m Plate Mail, and my associate here is Great Helm”

Sweetie takes a muffin out of the basket with her magic. “Pleased to meet you.” She eats the muffin.

“I’m back!” Pinkie exclaims. “And I brought Spike.”

“Pinkie, is this really necessary?” Spike asks

“The guards said if I brought you to vouch for me that they’d let me in to see the colt.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Spike says as he goes up to the guards. “I’m the assistant of Princess Twilight Sparkle, and this is…”

“We know who you are,” Plate Mail says. “You both may enter.”

“That was easy,” Spike says only to find Pinkie pushing him into the room.

“Hi Pinkie, Spike,” Sweetie says.

“Hey Sweetie,” Pinkie says as she pulls out some balloons from seemingly nowhere. “I wanted to bring your coltfriend something to cheer him up when he woke up.”

Sweetie smiles slightly. “Thanks Pinkie.” She then turns to Spike. “Spike I need a favor.”

“What is it Sweetie?” Spike asks

Sweetie pulls an envelope out of her saddlebags with her magic. “Can you send this to Princess Luna for me?”

“Sweetie, you know I can’t just send anything to the Princesses.” Spike says

“Please Spike, it’s important, I swear.” Sweetie pleads.

“This isn’t some crazy scheme to get your cutie mark is it?” Spike asks.

“No Spike, it’s nothing like that, I swear.” Sweetie says.

Spike sighs. “I say send it.” Pinkie says, “my Pinkie Sense says it’s the right thing to do.”

“Fine, I’ll send it, I’ll need one of Twilight’s seals though, so I’ll do it later.”

“Twilight’s seal?” Pinkie asks and reaches behind her and pulls one out of seemingly nowhere. “Like this?” Pinkie asks as she holds out a seal in her hoof.

Spike takes the seal from Pinkie, “How did you even get this? You know what, I don’t want to know.” Spike carefully puts the seal on the envelope and then breathes fire on to it to send it away.

================

That night Sweetie Belle is curled up in the seat next to the comatose colt, her favorite blanket covering her up. The room ripples and Princess Luna appears. “You wished to speak with me?” Luna asks.


“Thank you for coming,” Sweetie says. “I’m sure you have better things to do.”

“Part of my duties is to monitor the dreams of ponykind Sweetie, as you well know. So what is it you wanted?”

“Can you connect the dreams of two ponies?” Sweetie asks.

“I don’t know,” Luna admits. “I never tried. I suppose if I had both ponies consent I could do so.”

“You have mine,” Sweetie says as she looks to the colt laying next to her.

“Oh, of course, how silly of me.” Luna says as she vanishes from Sweetie’s dream. She appears in the colt’s dream, him just sitting on the bed looking bored. “Are you alright?”

“Ah!” he yells as he jumps. “You scared me.”

“I’m sorry, that wasn’t my intention.”

“It’s okay,” the colt says. “I thought you said you weren’t going to see me again.”

“I hadn’t planned on it.” Luna admits. “But a young filly has a special request.”

“Sweetie Belle sent you?” he asks excitedly.

“She did, she wants me to try and join the two of you together in the dream world.”

“You can do that?”

“I have no idea, but with your consent I am willing to try.”

“Yes, please. I’d love to talk to her.”

“Very well, be prepared for anything.” Luna says as her horn lights up, and the dream shakes for a minute.

“Princess Luna!” the colt yells holding onto the bed, then all of the sudden the dream stops. Sweetie stands there looking at Luna and the colt.

“Princess Luna?” Sweetie asks.

“I think it worked.” Luna says obviously tired.

“Sweetie Belle?” the colt asks. “Is that you?”

Sweetie nods, “Hi, sorry I haven’t quite come up with a name for you yet.”

“It’s alright, not like I have any ideas myself.”

“I wanted to talk to you, and see if it helped me come up with a name.”

“I don’t know anything about myself, not sure I can be any help.”

“It’s okay,” Sweetie says, as the scene around them changes.

“Where are we?”

“The Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse,” Sweetie says.

“Who?”

“Me and my friends have our own little group devoted to getting our cutie marks.”

“What’s a cutie mark?”

“It’s a mark every pony gets at some point that denotes their special talent. When you find your special talent the mark appears on your flank.”

The colt looks at his flank. “I don’t have one.”

“I had noticed that, I was thinking you could join our group when you woke up.”

“What would I have to do to join your group?”

“I’d have to make sure that the girls are alright with it, then you’d have to take the oath, and of course learn the song.”

“You have you’re own song?”

“Me and Scoots wrote it.”

“Can I hear it?” The Colt asks and Sweetie blushes. “Please?”

~We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders

On a quest to find out who we are

And we will never stop the journey

Not until we have our cutie marks!!~`

Sweetie finishes the song. “You’re amazing!” The colt exclaims. “You’re an excellent singer!”

“I don’t know about that,” Sweetie says blushing and looking away from him.

The colt puts his hoof on Sweetie’s chin and gently pushes her head so she’s looking at him. “Sweetie, you have talent, trust me.”

Sweetie blushes slightly and looks at the colt. “Your coat reminds me of the time we went camping, the ashes from the camp fire where almost that exact color.”

“Ashes?” He asks.

“And you fell into Ponyville,” Sweetie says as she looks off in thought.

“Sweetie Belle?” The colt asks.

“Ash Fall.” Sweetie says as she looks at him.

“Pardon me?”

“That’s your name, Ash Fall.” Sweetie says.

Ash smiles, “Thank you very much Sweetie.”

Sweetie nods as the dream starts to fade. “I’m waking up, bye for now Ash.”