• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Little Wonders

Author's Note:

This chapter contains subjects that maybe offensive to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

Chapter 12: Little Wonders

Meanwhile, back in Ponyville. “I can't believe the griffons attacked like that .” Apple Bloom says.

“I wonder if it has something to do with you Ash.” Sweetie says.

“I don’t know. I still don't remember anything before the hospital.“ Ash says.

“Let’s not dwell on that.” Bloom says. “Let’s go crusading!"

"You two go ahead," Sweetie says. “I'm going to stay and take care of Ash.”

“That gives me an idea." Bloom says.

“No, you may not all try to be Cutie Mark Crusaders Nursemaids." Ash states.

“No, I was thinking about when my brother lost his voice and Zecora made him a potion that made him better faster than he shoulda been." Bloom says.

“Are you thinking that Zecora might be able to help Ash in some way?" Sweetie asks.

“I think it’s worth a try.” Bloom answers.

“Let’s get him out to Zecora's place then." Scootaloo says.

“There ain't no way we can push that wheelchair out there." Sweetie says.

"Hey, you think you could ride in a wagon?" Scootaloo asks. “I pulled us all to Canterlot. I think I could get the wagon to Zecora's.”

“I think I can manage that.” Ash says.

“Come on, me and Sweets will get ya to the wagon.“ Bloom says as she gets on one side of the colt and Sweetie gets on the other.

"Come on Ash, it'll go a lot faster this way.” Sweetie says.

“I know, just a little embarrassing having to have you two fillies help me.” Ash says.

“It's not when I'm helping you?" Sweetie asks.

“You’re my fillyfriend it's different.“

"Me and Scoots are her best friends so it's almost like we're all your fillyfriends."

Ash blushes slightly. “I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work that way, but let’s just go." Bloom and Sweetie help him up and into the wagon.

“We should go by the farm. I got a spare helmet.” Bloom says as she and Sweetie put on their helmets.

“Alright I'll take it easy then." Scootaloo says as she starts off. They stop by the farm and get Apple Bloom's spare helmet which Sweetie quickly fastens onto Ash. Then they quickly make their way to Zecora's hut.

“So tell me about this Zecora." Ash says.

"She's a zebra." Bloom answers.

"That literally means nothing to me." Ash says.

"She is black and white striped." Bloom states "Everypony was afraid of her at first, well everypony except me." Bloom says. “I wanted to talk to her. I thought she might have been lonely. Turns out she was some kind of herbalist. Their equivalent of a doctor."

"Wow, that's amazing!"

"I'll tell you what is amazing." Scootaloo says as they slow to a stop. "We're here."

"Why don't y'all wait here and I'll get her? I'm not sure how use to visitors she is." Bloom suggests.

"Okay." Sweetie says.

Bloom goes up and knocks on the door.

“Who is that knocking at my door? It had better not be somepony collecting for the poor." Zecora sounds out from inside.

"Zecora, it’s me Apple Bloom."

Zecora opens the door. “Apple Bloom you silly filly. What are you doing so far from the city?"

"We came to see you. We were hoping you could help us."

"Tell me your lament, and I will try to make it time well spent."

Bloom leads Zecora over to the wagon. "This is Ash Fall, or well that's what we've been calling him. He has no memory of anything before he was dropped into the forest."

Zecora looks him over. "It appears the doctor fixed him up just fine. I can speed up his healing with an elixir of mine."

"We'd appreciate any you could do to help him." Bloom says.

"Guess she can't help him remember huh?" Sweetie asks.

"I see that you want his memories to come back post haste, who can blame you a mind is a terrible thing to waste." Zecora says, then looks to Sweetie Belle. "A potion I can make that might restore what was lost, but are you sure you are ready to pay the cost?"

"What cost?" Sweetie asks nervously.

"If the potion I make restores his mind, who's to say you will like what you find?" Zecora asks.

"I think what Zecora is saying is are you prepared to lose him?" Scootaloo asks.

"Why would I lose him?" Sweetie asks confused.

"What if I was a bad pony, or suddenly remember I'm engaged to somepony else? What if I'm something completely different than I am now?" Ash asks.

Sweetie shakes her head. "I don't think you will change when you're memories return. I think you'll become who you were meant to be. I can only hope that I am meant to be part of that."

Ash nods. "So will you help me?"

Zecora walks into her hut and returns with a bottle of green liquid and a bottle of blue liquid. "To help your healing drink the green, in a few days the results will be seen. Your memories may return when you drink the blue, but the true result I will not promise you."

Ash carefully takes the bottles from Zecora with his magic. "Should I take them now?"

Zecora shakes her head. "Waiting for tonight would be best, for those potions will make you want to rest."

"Thank you Zecora." Ash says then. "May I ask you something?"

"Of course young friend, ask me questions without end."

"Why do you only talk in rhyme?"

"Ash!" Sweetie exclaims. "You shouldn't be asking her something like that."

"It is fine Sweetie Belle, for that is a story I long to tell." Zecora says. "When I was about your age I met a unicorn who called himself a sage. At first he was nice and sweet, but that changed the moment I went into heat." Zecora sighs and looks to the ground. "He forced himself on me, I would have been fine if I let it be. He told me if I said anything I would be cursed for the rest of my life, when I became pregnant I had to tell his wife." Zecora sniffles a bit as she cries. "To speak in rhyme was the curse he laid on me, but what is worse is my daughter I am never allowed to see."

The four young ponies are silent for a moment. "I'm sorry." Bloom says. "If you like you can pretend I'm your daughter."

Zecora cries. "Dearest Apple Bloom I don't know what to say except I will always remember this day." Zecora hugs Bloom.

"Zecora you could be a second mother to all of us." Sweetie Belle says.

"Yeah it'll be like you have 3 fillies." Scootaloo says.

"I will discuss this with your family and friends but just maybe the means will justify the ends."

After that they head back into town. “Ash.” Apple Bloom suddenly says.

“Yeah?” he asks.

“Do You officially want to be a Cutie Mark Crusader?” Apple Bloom asks.

Ash nods. “Sweetie’s told me all about the Crusaders, so sure.”

“Then let’s go to the clubhouse and have the ceremony.”

“Apple Bloom, I’m not sure he can get into the clubhouse.” Sweetie says concerned.

“Well, how about we do the ceremony underneath the clubhouse, that would work right?” Scootaloo suggests.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” Apple Bloom says.

“We need to go back by Rarity’s she has a couple extra capes, just in case.” Sweetie says.

“Sounds good to me.” Apple Bloom says. Scootaloo turns the scooter and wagon combo and heads toward the Boutique. Once at the Boutique Sweetie climbs out of the wagon and trots into the Boutique.

She comes out a minute or so later carrying a cloak in her magic.”Got it!” Sweetie says as she climbs back into the wagon and Scootaloo once again heads in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

==========

Later that night, Sweetie and Ash are laying in Sweetie’s bed. “So Ash, what you think of Ponyville so far?” Sweetie asks.

“It’s great cause you’re here.” Ash answers and kisses her muzzle.

Sweetie blushes slightly. “You're a charmer, aren’t you?”

“Hey, just attempting to be the best coltfriend I can be.”

“Just be yourself, and you’ll be fine.”

“Sweetie, that’s kind of hard when I don’t even know who I am.”

Sweetie giggles, “True. I guess you’re doing fine then.”

“Considering that I only remember about a week, I was hoping I hope so.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Sweetie says and then kisses his muzzle. “Now take you potions and go to sleep, hopefully you’ll remember more in the morning.”

Ash nods and drinks both potions down. “These things are foul.”

“I think that’s how you can tell they’re working.” Sweetie giggles before the two of the drift off to sleep.