• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 309 Comments

The Pony That Fell From The Sky - Zurvan



When Sweetie Belle saves a young colt's life Ponyville may never be the same

  • ...
10
 309
 1,930

Goodbye Stranger

Chapter 21: Goodbye Stranger

A cloud of steam billows from the train as it stops at the station. Sweetie and Ash step off the train and look around.

"This place is huge," Ash says.

"It is pretty big compared to Ponyville, but it's not a Maretropolis." Sweetie says, "If you want big you should see Canterlot."

"Given that Canterlot is the capital city I would hope it was also the biggest."

"I don't know if it's the biggest city." Sweetie admits, "but it is certainly the biggest one I have ever seen."

"I understand." Ash says as he looks around. "Alright we need to find supplies and a map of the area if possible."

"Why a map?" Sweetie asks. "Don't we already where we are going?"

"We know the rough area from Twilight’s maps, but we really need to have an idea of the area ahead of us. That way we'll know if there are good campsites or caves we can sleep in."

"Campsites? Caves?" Sweetie asks. "You mean we're not going to be back by nightfall?"

Ash shakes his head and says, "it's probably going to take us a couple days to get there. We are going to have to walk through the woods around the mountains. To get close to where I think the fortress is.”

“Of course, we are going off your memory, which isn’t all there still.”

Ash nods. “I’m just hoping this isn’t a wild goose chase and the whole fortress being from a book I read or something.”

Sweetie nods. “That would suck if this whole trip was for nothing.”

“I know, I just hope this trip is worth it.” Ash says and the two of them go looking for the marketplace.

“Hey there little lady.” A dark brown earth stallion calls out as they walk past him. “Why don’t you ditch your brother and I’ll help you with your ‘problem’?”

“Is he coming onto me?” Sweetie whispers.

“Sounds that way,” Ash answers as they look at the stallion, he’s wearing a purple jacket, and sunglasses, his cutie mark is a purple fedora.

“So what you say?” The stallion asks.“Since you’re so young I won’t even charge you.”

“I’m not sure I understand what you’re talking about sir.”

“Girl, you’re in heat, I can smell it, you know what they say is the best treatment for that, don’t you?”

“You have moon tea?” Sweetie asks and Ash chuckles lightly.

“Moon tea doesn’t help the help, it just prevents complications from the treatment.” The stallion answers.

“I’m afraid I still don’t understand.”

The stallion sighs. “Are you really that dense girl?” He shakes his head. “You need to mate girl, you know, a stallion and a mare coming together?”

“Oh sex!” Sweetie says loudly. “You’re trying to bed me?”

The stallion cringes at the loudness of her voice and looks to run just as a police pony comes up to them. “Is this stallion bothering you two young ones?”

“He’s a foalaphile!” Sweetie says, “He wants to have sex with me.”

“Wait, it’s not like that!”

“Well, you do have your cutie mark so you’re not technically underage.” The cop says.

Sweetie blinks a few times, “I didn’t realize that.” She turns to the stallion. “I’m sorry sir, I’ll have to turn down your offer, even if it is free of charge, I’d rather deal with my heat myself.”

“Free of charge?” the cop says.

“Oh yes, he said he wouldn’t charge me because of my age.”

“I’m just trying to help the filly!” The stallion says, “and now, I’m out of here.” He makes to leave, but Sweetie moves to stand in his way. The stallion raises a hoof and goes to hit Sweetie when suddenly Ash is in between Sweetie and the stallion. Ash stands on his hind legs and holds up one hoof to block the stallions strike.

“Ash?” Sweetie says in surprise.

“Don’t lay a hoof on my filly!” Ash says as his eyes narrow in anger. Then he takes his free hoof and hits the stallion across his face then Ash goes back down to all four hooves.

“You little punk!” The stallion says. “I don’t know who you think you are, but nopony hits Don Juan and gets away with it!” Don Juan rushes at Ash to tackle him, Ash stoops down and when Don Juan tries to tackle him Ash flips Don Juan into the air. Don Juan lands with a thud, and is knocked unconscious.

The policepony looks at them, his mouth hanging open in shock. “What was that?”

“It’s a type of martial arts,” Sweetie says.

Ash and the policepony look at her. “How do you know that?” the police pony asks.

“Cause I’ve seen it before.” Sweetie answers.

“When could you have seen anything like that?” Ash asks shocked.

“When I was in Canterlot, "Sweetie answers and then sighs. “When the changelings attacked.”

“You were in Canterlot during the invasion?” The policepony asks.

Sweetie nods, “Me and my friends were in the company of some Royal Guards at the time. We saw them fighting some before they locked us in a shelter.”

The policepony nods. “That makes sense. You two take care, I need to take this one to the hospital.” With that the policepony lifts Don Juan onto his back and leaves.

“Are you saying my fighting was similar to the guards?” Ash asks afterwards.

Sweetie nods. “I’d say identical.”

“Where could I have learned to fight like a Royal Guard?”

Sweetie gasps. “What if you’re from that fortress Ash? What if you’re a guard pony in training or something?”

“If that’s true then how did I end up in Ponyville?” Ash asks

“I have no idea.” Sweetie admits. “But I hope to find out.”

Ash nods. “Let’s finish getting supplies and get going then. The sooner we get going the sooner we may find something out.”

Sweetie nods, and they head to the marketplace, get their supplies without any further problem and head off into the woods to start their journey.