• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,807 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,807

Memory Manipulation

Flutterbat saw Cloudsdale as she walked through the streets, the bat pony phasing through various pegasi walking and flying by.

“This is so boring…” Flutterbat groaned as she walked around before she saw a much younger looking Butterfly, the young girl nervously looking around. She had a yellow sweater on, a green skirt, and a pair of soft brown sandals..

“Go back home, you Neigha-baka!” a flight school pony told her.

“...racist jerk,” Flutterbat scoffed.

Butterfly began to tear up, the pinkette hugging herself as she began to shake. The flight school pony took some rotten tomatoes and tossed it at her, the shy filly whimpering as she ran from the barrage of rotten fruit.

“He shoved me off of a cloud one time… the others at school taunted me ‘Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can’t hardly fly’,” Fluttershy commented as she approached Flutterbat.

“Oh joy…it’s the broken record,” Flutterbat groaned as she rolled her eyes, “What’re you doing here?”

“It’s my mind,” Fluttershy reminded, “I’m allowed to walk around my own memories and dreams you know.”

Butterfly soon arrived at her house and knocked on the door. She waited for a few minutes and then out came an elderly pegasus mare who had her hair in an odango style, had a pale yellow coat, with a faded brown mane and tail, and a photo album for a Cutie Mark.

“O...obaa-san,” the young filly sniffled as she reached to be picked up. Her grandmother smiled and complied with her request, “Th...those other ponies called me names.”

“Don’t worry about it dear,” the elder pegasus smiled softly as she held the young filly, petting her mane, “Now… let’s go in and take your mind off of it.”

“Hai,” Butterfly nodded.

They entered the house, which was mainly cloud made, the inside having a bit of a Neighponese feel to it with several pictures of Butterfly’s mom, dad, Posey, and some other relatives on the wall.

Butterfly looked to the picture of her and her mom and dad when she was a newborn foal, the mare having a soft pink mane and green fur while the stallion had a black mane and soft golden-yellow fur.

“...I miss you… Okaa-san, Otou-san…” she sighed.

“Your dad was one of the best flyers in Neighpon. And yet… you struggle with flying,” Flutterbat noted.

“Please be quiet,” Fluttershy sighed, “I want to reminence this.”

“Butterfly…” her grandmother sighed, looking for something for the young filly to do when she noticed something and proceeded to pick it up before handing it to Butterfly.

“...what’s this?” Butterfly asked.

“It’s some sewing material. Maybe you can have it a hobby,” Butterfly’s grandmother suggested.

“H...hobby?”

“Something you do in your free time.”

“So… that’s how you know so much about sewing?” Flutterbat asked.

“That’s right,” Fluttershy nodded.

“...It’s still a bit freaky you know so much…” Flutterbat deadpanned, “And sewing? Seriously?”

Fluttershy just rolled her eyes at this, ”You just don’t see the true skill in it.”

Flutterbat rolled her eyes at this as they continued to observe. Butterfly was clumsily trying to sew something, and failed everytime. She ended up pricking herself with the needle and began to sob like a baby as she ran to her grandmother.

“Of course, I wasn’t as good as I always was,” Fluttershy commented, “If I didn’t have my Obaa-san’s help, then I wouldn’t be very good at sewing.”

“Wasn’t her talent in scrapbooking?” Flutterbat inquired.

“Yea,” Fluttershy nodded.

“I’m failing to see how your ‘Onee-chan’ is connected to this… at all,” Flutterbat informed.

“We’re getting there. Have a bit of patience,” Fluttershy informed.

“Oh brother…”

“Obaa-chan… I don’t wanna go outside. The ponies here are all meanies…” Butterfly whimpered as she attempted to cling onto something as her grandmother was attempting to drag her outside.

“Now dear, not all ponies behave that way,” her grandmother explained, “I’m sure you’ll find somepony willing to be your friend.”

“D...demo…”

“No ‘demos’ dear. You need to go outside… this isn’t healthy just staying inside all day.”

“...Mou...I...I...I guess I can try…”

“There we go,” her grandmother smiled softly as she gently let go of the filly. They both slowly walked out, but Butterfly hid her face underneath a sun hat she had and the shy filly was clinging onto her grandmother.

The two eventually reached a park and Butterfly made no effort to move away from her grandmother.

“...you know, she does seem sweet,” Flutterbat admitted, making Fluttershy look at her in surprise, “I’m still a part of you, and you bare the Element of Kindness…”

“True,” Fluttershy nodded before she noticed something, “Oh shh. quite. She’s here.”

“Huh? Wh-?”

A ball of sorts rolled up to Butterfly, the shy filly flinching a bit before it stopped. After a few seconds, she slowly opened her eyes to see the ball being held by somepony, the shy filly slowly looking to see a cyan pegasus filly with… Butterfly had to blink twice to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, but the filly in front of her had a messy rainbow colored mane. She then noticed that the filly was wearing a blue sleeveless hoodie, black shorts and had rainbow colored velcro shoes.

“Hey there. Sorry if my ball scared you,” the cyan filly apologized with a sheepish smile, “I was kinda practicing to play soccer, and I accidently kicked it over here.”

Butterfly just nodded nervously, the shy filly trying to hid her face behind her hair and sunhat.

“...Hey uh...are you ok?” the cyan filly asked as she tried to look at Butterfly’s face, “I didn’t hurt you or anything, did I?”

“...no,” Butterfly responded, a bit high pitched.

“Oh good. I was afraid I ended up hurting somepony again,” the filly sighed a bit in relief, “But...why’re you trying to hide your face from me?” she then gave a small frown, “Is somepony bullying you?”

Before Butterfly could respond, she saw some shadows slowly showing up.

“Hey look guys, it’s Rainbow Crash!” one of the pegasus colts approaching the two laughed, “And look, she’s with that Neigha-baka!”

“Hehheh...Neigha-baka,” the dark brownish colt laughed in a near dumb manner.

“...need what now?” the filly blinked in confusion.

Butterfly just tried to curl up into a ball and use her hat to cover herself up.

“Well lookie here! The Neigha-baka doubles as a ball!” the first colt laughed before smirking, “Why don’t we see how far she can go?”

Butterfly’s eye’s widen a bit behind her hair, a look of fear on her face as she quickly got up and began to run as best she could.

“Uh hey, the ball’s getting away,” the other colt called out.

“I see that, moron! After her!”

“Hey, wh-” the cyan filly began before the two colts chased after Butterfly.

Butterfly ran for a bit, but wasn’t able to go very far.

“You do know you can fly, right?” Flutterbat asked.

“Wait for it…” Fluttershy stated.

“...wait, what am I doing?” Butterfly asked herself as she attempted to begin flying, but was failing as she only hovered a few feet off the cloud covered ground, “Mou...come on wings. Move…”

She landed and was short on breath from the attempt, sweat dripping off her face before she tried again. The pinkette was hardly able to get off the ground, but soon felt something was off...the ground was missing. She slowly looked down to see nothing but clouds and sky below her, the shy filly screaming a bit as she tried to fly back to the cloud she was on, but was only able to reach the edge.

“Lookie lookie,” somepony said as they looked to Butterfly, “A Neighponese pony.”

“...taskute…” Butterfly begged.

“Does that mean ‘Let you fall’?” another pony asked.

“N...No.”

“‘No?’ Does that mean ‘go ahead?’”

A pony then kicked out a tuft of cloud and the small puff was not enough to support her.

“You know that’s not gonna support h-and there she goes.”

“Kya!!!” Butterfly screamed as she fell, the shy filly trying to flap her wings. She tried frantically to gain any sort of momentum with her wing flaps, but was failing miserably.

“HOLD ON!”

“H-huh?!” Butterfly gasped a bit as she looked up to see a familiar tuft of rainbow colored hair flying towards her. Her rescuer zoomed over and managed to grab a hold of Butterfly’s waist, causing her descent to slow down a little. They landed on a cloud and Butterfly was hyperventilating, the filly scared out of her mind right now.

“Ohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmy!” the shy filly repeated quickly.

“Phew… you alright?” the cyan filly asked, only to get more ‘ohmy’ in quick response, “...And me without a paper bag for her to breath in.” She thought for a moment and was able to make up a bag out of clouds, “Here. Try and breath into th-”

Butterfly took the handmade ‘bag’ and began to breathe into it, as it stayed in shape surprisingly. After a minute or so of breathing into the bag, Butterfly began to calm down.

“...you okay?” the filly asked as she sat down beside her.

“...Y...y...yes,” Butterfly nodded.

“Cool. Don’t worry, I’ll help you get back to your grandmother,” Dash informed as she helped her up.

“...Ano..a...a..”

“Hmm? You say someth-?” Dash began before she was suddenly hugged by the pinkette, “?!”

“A...arigatou…”

“...no prob,” Rainbow Dash smiled softly as she returned the hug.

“...B...butterfly.”

“huh?” Dash blinekd a bti as she released the hug and looked at the pinkette.

“M..my name.”

“...it’s pretty,” Dash smiled, “Why are you named that?”

“...It...it’s the name I was born with,” Butterfly replied.

“I’ve heard people call you ‘Fluttershy,’” Rainbow dash pointed out, “So which is it, Fluttershy? Or Butterfly?”

“It..it’s Butterfly. Fluttershy is...well, the name I recieved when i moved here to Equestria,” Butterfly explained.

“You are a total coward you know. You should’ve fought back against those bullies. They were lucky I didn’t exist at the time, otherwise I’d scar them for life,” Flutterbat stated with a slight scoff, “In fact… I can alter your memories if I want to. Let’s run this scenario and see what would happen if you stood up for yourself…”

“You wouldn’t DARE!” Fluttershy growled.

“Oh I can. This is my body now, which means everything that comes with it, including your memories...belongs to me.”

Suddenly, the memory returned to when Butterfly was trying to ignore the two bullies.

“Well lookie here! The Neigha-baka doubles as a ball!” the first colt laughed before smirking, “Why don’t we see how far she can go?”

“Oh? You mean like how long it takes for you two bakas to think?”

“What th-?!”

Butterfly stood up, her eyes being red as she stood up and glared at the two, a small, mischievous smirk on her face.

“...Why’s she looking at us like that?” one of the bullies gulped.

Butterfly said nothing as she shoved the bullies to the ground, surprising the two.

“How about we play a game?”

“G...game?”

“yes...like tag. 5…”

“Huh? 5?”

“4…’

“...oh dang.”

“3…”

“Hey look, we’re sorry! We…”

“2…”

“Now now. I’m sure we ca-”

“1…”

“Oh crud!” the first bully yelped as he and his friend ran for it.

Butterfly ran after them at a very quick pace, the pinkette beginning to laugh a bit in a near insane manner.

“This isn’t what happened? ...is it? I… can’t remember…” Fluttershy muttered.

Flutterbat smirked as she realized if she altered the memories, Fluttershy’s actual memories would be locked up and lost, possibly forever.

“Let’s see what else we can alter?”

“P...please...no…”

“Why? I’m just gonna alter some of the bad ones,” Flutterbat stated as she searched through Fluttershy’s memories, “Hmm...oh I know. Let’s see if we can alter the one where you started becoming assertive..in a rather scary way I might add.”

“What happened to nice Fluttershy? We want that Fluttershy back,” Rarity told her.

“You want weak Fluttershy back! You want...want…” the Fluttershy in the flashback stated before her eyes gained the red look, “...You want that doormat back. I’m sorry, but pushover Fluttershy is never coming back! New Fluttershy is here to stay! Don’t like it, then start getting used to it!”

“What did that meanie monster do to our kind, sweet and caring friend?” Pinkie asked.

Flashback Fluttershy noticed a puddle nearby the two and then landed right in it, soaking Pinkie and Rarity and ruining their clothes.

“Fluttershy! That was uncalled for!” Rarity snapped, “Look what you did to our clothes! I just had mine washed this morning!”

“Be quiet Whinity!”

“What??” Rarity gasped.

“You whine a lot! You whine about every single thing! Like ‘Oh no! My poor mane is ruined!’ Or ‘Ahh! MY dress is ruined!’ News flash, marshmallow, clothes and manes get dirty and messed up all the time!”

“Hey! Leave Rarity alone!” Pinkie shouted.

“You really need to learn that you should stop talking, Stupid Pie, your voice is really annoying!”

“Wh…”

“Also, ever hear of personal space?! You’re always getting upclose and personal with everypony! It’s so annoying!”

“Hey!”

“Stop it! Stop!” Fluttershy shouted as she swatted the memories away, “...did I really say those mean things? Did I really insult my best friends?!”

“Ignoring you. Changing more memories,” Flutterbat stated, “Hmm...oh I know. How about when your ‘sister’ traded you for some stupid book?”

“So, do we have a deal?” the pony asked, handing Dash the book.

“Yeah yeah! We have a d-” Rainbow began before Fluttershy suddenly snatched the book from her, “Hey! What the heck, Fluttershy?! I was-”

“About to trade my freedom away for some stupid book!” Flashback Fluttershy snapped as she set the book down, “No thank you! Either you can train the orthos yourself, or we take our trading business elsewhere!”

“Wh...I...b…”

“But...what?” Flashback Fluttershy frowned as she gave the vendor a stern look.

“...Nothing. Just...take the book.”

“And you!” flashback Fluttershy began as she looked over at Rainbow, “You’re the worst friend ever! Element of Loyalty my right flank! I mean, who trades their friends’ freedom away for some stupid book?! You that’s who!”

“But...I...wh…”

“Plus, did it ever occur to you that Twilight MIGHT have the book you’ve almost TRADED me for!?”

Fluttershy looked in horror at these images, “D...did I… really shout these things at my Onee-chan? Am...am I really this nasty?”

“One more should do…” Flutterbat muttered to herself as she came across one certain memory, “Oh? Remember the time your ‘friends’ dragged you along to take on that dragon?”

“No… please no…”

“Why not? Weren’t you angry at them for dragging you along to fight that dragon, not knowing you were scared of dragons?”

“You’re scared of dragons?” Dash asked.

“But you’re not scared of Spike, and he’s a dragon,” Pinkie pointed out.

“...Yes. But that’s because he’s not a giant, razor sharp toothed, sharp clawed. pony eating dragon!” flashback Fluttershy responded, before her eyes turned red, “...did none of you bother to take a hint?”

“Well… no. Just...you never brought it up b-” Twilight began.

“Baka!” Fluttershy snapped, “You’re all complete bakas, which means idiot! And that’s what you all are!”

“...you’re being kind of mean,” Pinkie informed.

“Well there’s a point where you can push somepony so far! And this takes the cake! Flashback Fluttershy snapped before a low growl was heard from the cave, “SHUT UP!”

A whimper was heard from the cave before it went silent.

“...why would any of them put up with me?” Fluttershy cried as her eyes were now slowly fading to red, herself and Flutterbat now in some sort of different area of Fluttershy’s subconscious “Why...why would i have been chosen as the Element of Kindness when I’m actually mean?”

“That doesn’t matter…” Flutterbat smirked, “What does matter is what you wanna do now…”

Fluttershy didn’t see Flutterbat reach out to stick a new chain into Fluttershy’s memories, it quickly set in and Fluttershy’s eyes changed to crimson.

“Why… would I give into my desires?” the shy pinkette whispered, “Am I...really that weak?”

“Yes you are. You kept your desires bottled up for so long, they've just came bursting out onto your boyfriend… and he loved it. He is your slave...now and forever~”

“How can he even love me? ...and how do you know me so well?” Fluttershy asked, her own memories of who Flutterbat was having been removed.

“In a way… I’m a manifestation of what you desire to be. In short...I am you.”

“...”

“You want to have others place you at the center of their attention, to have you be their whole world. You want to be pampered like the animals you care for, to have your every need fulfilled,” Flutterbat explained as she circled around Fluttershy, who was taking in her words like a sponge, “You want ponies to be your slaves, to have them follow your every word~”

“My….every...word…” Fluttershy whispered, “That… sounds… nice…”

“Good...what else do you want?” Flutterbat asked as she stood behind Fluttershy, whispering into her ear as she gripped her shoulders.

“I… I want…” she began, “I...want…”

“Yes?”

“...I want others to allow me to dominate over them...to have them worship me like a goddess~” Fluttershy purred, a smirk forming on her face.

“Good… and?”

“I want some ponies inparticular to obey… to allow me to rule over them… as the dominatrix I wanna be~” Fluttershy purred further, her eyes became slitted as Flutterbat slowly started to meld with her.

“Good…”

“And without me… my ‘friends’ can’t stop me… and I already know who I want my first slave to be that’s not Silver-kun…”

“Who may I ask?”

Fluttershy only mouthed the name as she and Flutterbat seemed to mix together.

---

Fluttershy’s body finally began to move again in the real world, her wings back to their normal pegasus shape, her mane not so wild, but her eyes...they remained crimson in color.