• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,807 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,807

Sisters

“Wagh! HELP!” Scootaloo’s voice shouted, attempting to fly, but her wings would not work, “Help! Somepony! Anypony!”

Suddenly rocks came flying, Scootaloo just managing to duck underneath some of them, but the debris continued flying. She looked to see a tornado, the pegasus filly’s eyes widening in fear as she tried to run away, but the force of the tornado was too strong as it tried to pull her in. She attempted to hang onto some clouds, but her grip slipped and she fell.

“SIS~!” an older voice shouted.

---

“No more… no more…” Scootaloo whimpered in her sleep before she shot up, “NO MORE!”

“Scootaloo! Are you okay?” Sora asked as she ran in.

“I… I had… a nightmare…” Scootaloo panted before whimpering a bit, “Tornados…”

Sora walked over and hugged her, rubbing her back a bit to help calm her down.

“It’s okay dear… there’s no tornados here to hurt you,” the older pegasus assured the filly in a calm, reassuring tone.

The young filly began to cry as she held onto Sora for safety, her body shaking a little. Sora simply patted her and tried to calm her down.

---

“...Where am I?” Twilight groaned, waking up before wincing a little, “My head…”

“It’s about time you woke up,” a tomboy’s voice scoffed a little.

Twilight’s visions began to clear up and she saw the teal pegasus with her mane being a mix of orange and electric yellow. She currently wore a dark brown jacket on top of a pure white shirt, and a pair of jean shorts.

“You… You’re Lightning Dust… right?” Twilight asked, her memory a bit foggy at the moment, but that’s probably due to her currently sore head.

“Well, you’re not such an idiot.” she scoffed, “Yeah, I’m Lightning Dust, an old… ’friend’ of Rainbow Dash, A.K.A, the mare who got me kicked out of the Wonderbolt Academy.”

“...Don’t bag on my marefriend…” Twilight growled, about to blast her, but she couldn’t, “What the…?”

“Magic blocker,” Lighting Dust informed, “I’m not telling you where it is, but it’s blocking off the magic to your horn and your wings.”

Twilight attempted to move her wings, but couldn’t. Almost as if somepony had bonded them together.

“...what do you want?!” Twilight demanded.

“Starlight Glimmer gave me a chance to get revenge on Rainbow Dash,” Lightning Dust replied, causing Twilight’s eyes to widen a bit when she heard Starlight’s name.

“...Lightning Dust, listen to me. Do not trust her. Sh-”

“She’s what? A lot more capable than you?” Lightning Dust interrupted with a scoff, “Face it, nerd. Your whole ‘friend is magic’ nonsense got you into this situation in the first place.”

Twilight attempted to move, but Lightning just side stepped next to her and kicked her onto her side.

“Seriously, you and your ‘friends’ claiming that friendship is great and stuff? Tch… biggest load of baloney I’ve ever heard,” Lightning Dust added.

“...You’re wrong,” Twilight frowned a little as she glared at Lightning Dust, “The friendship between me and my friends are more powerful than anything you can possibly imagine. If it wasn't for us, than Tirek would’ve drained Equina of it’s Magic completely.”

“Yeah, and you got everypony thinking that what you and those other freaks have is true friendship… well I got something to tell ya,” Lightning smirked a bit as she kneeled down to look Twilight dead in the eye, “Starlight knows what true friendship… no. What true harmony is.”

---

Dash flew around, attempting to find anything out of the ordinary.

“Come on...where are you?” the rainbowette muttered to herself as she flew around the area, hoping to find Twilight.

Several ponies watched as she flew around wildly, wondering what was going on.

“Hey Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie’s voice shouted as she bounced up, using spring boots to reach where Dash was, “I have… news!”

“I don’t care right now Pinkie Pie! I’m busy!” Rainbow shouted, grabbing a nearby cloud before Pinkie ended up getting caught in it, “Tell me later!”

“But Dashie! I-!” Pinkie began before Rainbow Dash flew off.

The rainbowette continued to fly around before she accidentally bumped into something.

“Ow!” Rainbow winced as she held her face, “What the tartarus did I bump into?!”

“Hi Rainbow Dash! Seriously, I need to talk to you!” Pinkie informed, the excitable pinkette flying in a makeshift helicopter.

“Pinkie Pie. What the heck did you make me bump into?!” Rainbow snapped.

“A sign trying to tell you to stop,” Pinkie replied, holding up said object, “See?”

“Not. Now. Pinkie!” Dash growled, grabbing the stop sign, tossed it into a nearby tree, and flew off, ‘Seriously, what’s gotten into Pinkie?! She’s acting like she did the day before Gilda came to Ponyville!’

“Come on Rainbow-”

Dash simply flew off in a blur, leaving Pinkie by herself in the sky.

“...Oh I will tell her what I need to tell her,” Pinkie frowned a bit, a serious look on her expression, “This I swear.”

---

Dash continued to fly around, searching around the Everfree Forest for any clues to where Lighting Dust took Twilight.

“Come on...where are you?” Rainbow muttered as she searched the area thoroughly, “Lightning Dust better hope I don't’ find her first, because I-”

“RAINBOW DA~SH! LIS~TEN TO ME~~~~~!” Pinkie Pie shouted into a megaphone, causing leaves to blow off of trees, birds to go flying, glass to shatter, and a few rocks to break, “I-”

“UGH!!!!” Rainbow groaned as she turned around to looked at Pinkie, who was hanging off a tree branch, ”WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!?!?!?”

“I know where Lighting Dust took Twilight,” Pinkie informed calmly.

“....what?”

“I said I know where Lightning Dust took Twilight,” Pinkie repeated, “She’s a-”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!” Rainbow snapped as she shook her.

“Seriously?! I’ve been trying to tell you all afternoon you… you… you… you dingus!” Pinkie shouted, ready to wallop Dash with the megaphone.

“Pinkie Pie, it was a joke!”

“Jokes are supposed to be funny, Rainbow!” Pinkie barked.

“I-!” Rainbow began before she slowly let go of Pinkie and took a few deep, calming breaths, “Sorry… just been really stressed lately.”

“It’s fine… guess we’re all stressed out because of the wedding, and hearing about Starlight Glimmer returning,” Pinkie said.

“Pinkie Pie… please… help me find Twilight…” Dash begged.

“I will,” Pinkie smiled, but she then proceeded to take out some bits and began to toss and catch them, “However, my services aren’t free…”

“...what do you want?”

“A deal. I help you, you help me with any one thing I want,”

“...And that is?”

“Do you agree?”

“...Fine.”

---

Pinkie then had a huge array of scientific equipment and was looking at a picture of Lightning Dust flying away with an unconscious Twilight’s body.

“Alright, so, based on the direction she’s flying in this photo, she was heading east, past Sugar Cube Corner, and town hall…” Pinkie stated, the pinkette wearing a female detective outfit, “But where… where exactly did she take her? The answer to that… is here!” Pinkie exclaimed as she zoomed in on the picture, ”Look at her wing! It looks like it has some ash on it… wood ash to be precise!”

“...Huh?” Dash blinked.

“Also, I contacted some weather patrols and they indeed said there was some teal pegasus who flew by at 11:45am yesterday, about 10 minutes before you and your mom got back from the Carousel Boutique.”

“Pinkie, what d-” Rainbow began before Pinkie put her finger on the tomboy’s mouth, silencing her.

“Shh….I’m explaining,” Pinkie told her as she moved her finger away from Rainbow dash’s mouth, “Now then, let me think…”

Pinkie then reached over and grabbed a slice of pizza and nibbled on it.

“Uh…”

“Sometimes a snack helps me think. Want a slice?” Pinkie offered.

“uh...no thanks. I’m good,” Rainbow replied.

“...Okay. Suit yourself,” Pinkie shrugged as she continued to eat as she made notes and calculations about the picture and some interviews from other ponies, “Yes… yes…”

“Got something?”

“Yes… from most of the ponies I talked to, they’ve seen somepony walking from where Twilight’s treebary used to be,” Pinkie replied before nibbling on a pen a little, “But.. why though? We dug the remains up to make that chandelier for Twilight to make herself at home.”

“Yeah… except maybe the basement. Couldn’t even get to it…” Rainbow shrugged a bit.

“Yeah… and Lightning Dust did have some ash on her wings…”

“...Where are you going with this, Pinkie?”

Pinkie gave her a ‘one moment’ signal, walked over to a fridge and got a yogurt cup and began to eat it.

“Simple…” Pinkie began as she gulped down the yogurt, “Lightning Dust took Twilight...to the basement where Twilight’s Treebary used to be!”

“...Thank you Pinkie! Now uh… you said I owe you. What do I owe you?”

Pinkie finished her snack and threw it in the trash before taking out bits and tossing them up and down, “Today, nothing. Tomorrow, who knows? I’ll contact you when I wish to collect.”

“...Why do I feel uneased by that?” Rainbow sweatdropped a bit.

“Yes… why indeed?” Pinkie giggled with a slight grin.

---

“This is...my old basement…” Twilight gasped, seeing where she was.

“Nopony would think to look for you here,” Lighting Dust grinned, “I mean seriously, who would want to look at a library of all places, much less the remains of one?”

“This… was my home you little… you little… you little bitch!” Twilight shouted.

“Oh my… a princess cursing?” Lightning smirked as she leaned against a burnt bookcase, “Now that’s very unfitting for the princess of ‘friendship.’ But being honest… that did sorta surprise me.”

“...You better hope Rainbow Dash doesn’t find you,” Twilight scowled.

“Please… like she could catch me,” Lightning smirked before frowning, “I was the best at the Wonderbolts Academy… at least until…” she paused as she growled a little, “That backstabber Rainbow Dash got me kicked out.”

“That was entirely your own fault,” Twilight frowned, “You had endangered me and my friends when we were trying to visit Rainbow, not to mention, from what she told us you injured several other students!”

“Being a Wonderbolt was the only chance I had to find my missing sister!” Lighting Dust growled as she punched a table in half.

Twilight’s eyes widened upon hearing this, “Wh-what?”

“You heard me…” Lightning growled, “I joined just so I can find my little sister… but no! That stupid backstabber, Rainbow Dash had to get me kicked out!”

Twilight just blinked, not sure what to say to that.

---

“...Where’s mom?” Scootaloo asked Sora, the young filly looking out the window in worry, “She’s never gone for this long…”

“Don’t worry… she’s safe,” Sora Storm assured.

“...I hope so,” Scootaloo sighed before she got an idea, “Hey uh...I just remembered something important. I was supposed to meet my friends at our clubhouse. Do you mind if I head out to meet them?”

“Sure. Just be safe,” Sora nodded.

Scootaloo headed out, but she ran off to try and find Rainbow Dash. She felt bad for lying to Sora, but she was really worried for her adopted mother.

She looked up and saw Rainbow flying overhead, the tomboy heading off. Scootaloo followed after her, but made sure to stay out of sight so Rainbow wouldn’t see her following.

---

“...Why is your sister missing?” Twilight asked.

“We got separated during that tornado at that Wonderbolt’s performance that claimed my parents lives,” Lightning Dust replied, “I have to join the Wonderbolts...but that stupid rainbowette and her stupid great-aunt denied me that chance! Spitfire KNEW I was the best there! but no~! She kicked me out because I ‘endangered’ some lives!”

Twilight just looked at her for a moment, seeing her eyes had a sort of glossed over look to them, apart from the white area, all that was there was the yellow of her eyes.

‘...there’s gotta be something more to this. There’s gotta be a reason why her eyes look like that… did Starlight take her Cutie Mark? No… her fur would’ve darkened, or… maybe I just can’t see it very well… hmm...’

“Hey… what’s with the lack of lights?” Twilight asked.

“Pft. Heck should I know? This place was a bit screwy when I found it,” Lightning Dust scoffed.

“...What’s that supposed to mean?” Twilight demanded.

“It means the lights in this place are crap!” Lightning Dust snapped, “Yeesh… and you’re supposed to be the smart one.”

Twilight rolled her eyes at this.

“I’m curious. Why did somepony as ‘smart’ as you fall for such a backstabbing slacker like her?” Lighting asked.

Before Twilight could answer, she heard a thudding sound of a sort.

“...The heck was that?” Lightning Dust asked as she looked around, “...Don’t move, ‘princess’. I’m going to go check it out.”

The thudding continued before Rainbow Dash crashed in from above.

“Rainbow!”

“Oh joy… you…” Lighting groaned, when Twilight looked closely and saw Lighting’s left hand had a darker shade to it.

“Hello… Lightning Dust,” Rainbow frowned as she glared at the teal pegasus.

“Backstabber,” Lighting Dust growled, “For somepony who claims to represent Loyalty, you do a really bad job at it.”

“Shut. Up.” Dash growled, “Like you would know about loyalty. You hurt our fellow cadets back at the Academy just to show off, not to mention you almost hurt my friends!”

“If those losers hadn't been there, then I would still be in the Academy, you backstabber!” Lightning Dust snapped.

Rainbow just proceeded to run up and punch her.

“I said shut up!” The tomboy snapped, “It was your own fault you got kicked out in the first place!”

“Puh-lease!” Lighting Dust shouted as she tried to punch Rainbow back. Rainbow rolled out of the way of the attack, but as she did, she noticed a part of where Lighting’s Cutie Mark would be…

“...No way…” Dash realized, heading over to Twilight to get her free, “...Is she…?”

“Oh big time,” Twilight nodded before Lighting ran over and tackled Rainbow onto the wall, "Rainbow!

“You must think you’re so special, do ya?!” Lightning Dust shouted as she punched Rainbow hard in the face, “Thinking you’re a ‘loyal’ friend?! Thinking the ‘harmony’ you and your freak friends is real?! Well news flash, Rainbow Crash! They’re nothing but a lie!”

Dash then saw something lying on the ground by some rubble and picked it up, revealing it to be a sword, “Uh Twi… why is there…?”

“My brother either sent them to me as gifts or forgot to take them home when he visited,” Twilight explained.

“Oh...Well you c-” Rainbow began before Lighting Dust kicked her hard in the gut, knocking the air out of her as the rainbow haired tomboy stumbled back, “Cheap... *cough* Blow.”

“And you’d be cheating by using a sword,” Lightning Dust rebuttled.

“...Wow…” Rainbow groaned as she spat out some blood in her mouth, “You really don’t know anything about me, Dusty.”

“I know a lot more about you than you think,” Lightning responded, dodging punches and kicks from Rainbow, “Your full name is Rainbow Cumulus Spectrum, you’re 18, almost about to turn 19, you were born on the first day of the 2nd month, you are the daughter of Sora Strom, daughter of the former mayor of Cloudsdale, and Firefly Spectrum, a Wonderbolt who died in the Tornado Incident that also claimed the life of my mom and dad!”

“Wh-” Rainbow began with wide eyes before Lightning Dust delivered a hard uppercut to her chin, sending her flying in the air before she landed a few feet away. Dash landed on a rather large cloud that was hanging rather low to the ground, the tomboy wiping away the blood on her lip, “Why’s this cloud so… low?”

Suddenly, the cloud flew high up into the air, being carried by Lighting Dust until the two were way up high in the sky.

“There… now we got more room!” Lightning Dust smirked as she flew from underneath the cloud. She began to spin into a sort of cyclone, but Dash countered with her own rainbow colored cyclone she used during her fight with Flash Sentry. Eventually, the two cyclones began to fuse before they transformed into a full on, wild tornado.

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted as she ran out from what remained of the basement, trying to keep her skirt down from the fierce winds caused by the tornado. She then attempted to fly up, but whatever was keeping her magic from circulating, caused her to drop down. She then saw some clouds that had been misplaced, which formed into a sort of staircase up to where Rainbow and Lighting were fighting.

“You may know all that stuff about me, but what difference does it make?!” Dash growled as she and Lightning Dust traded blows.

“Everything!” Lightning Dust snapped, “Once I get rid of you and your lame ass ‘friends’, I’ll help Starlight rebuild what’s left of this place, and form a town that knows true harmony and friendship! And then… and then… I’ll find my younger sister!”

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted, but it was muffled out by the winds.

Somebody else happened to be up there, but was hiding within the cloud at the moment, causing the cloud that the two pegasi were fighting on to become unstable.

“Not again… not again…” the faint voice of a certain orange pegasus filly whimpered.

“Sister? You have a sister?” Dash asked.

“She went missing during the tornado that took the lives of my parents and your father! My entire damn REASON for being a Wonderbolt is so I could try and find her! But you had to ruin everything!”

Rocks and debris were slowly being pulled up from the ground and dragged into the tornado.

“It’s not my fault, Lightning! If you had just stopped acting all cocky, than maybe you wouldn’t have gotten kicked out in the first place!” Rainbow shouted

“I had to give 110% so I could be a Wonderbolt! I don’t have any family who loves me, I don’t have anypony who cares about me… and I don’t want my sister to suffer! I want my sister back!” Lightning snapped.

“And you think Starlight would help you with that?!” Rainbow shouted, “Think about it! Would your sister care if you helped destroy Ponyville and force everypony to let go of their Cutie Mark and what makes them unique?!”

Rocks began to fly into the vortex, one of them smacking one of Dash’s wings, causing her to lose altitude.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight gasped, jumping up and managing to catch her.

“Thanks,” Dash smiled.

Suddenly, a rock came hurtiling towards the cloud that somepony was hiding it, and it destroyed the cloud, revealing Scootaloo.

“Ahh! HELP!” Scootaloo screamed as she fell through the air.

“Scootaloo/Scoots!” Twilight and Rainbow gasped.

“Eh?” Lighting Dust blinked as she looked down at the falling filly, her eyes widening.

---
(Flashback)
“No! My little sister is still back there!” a younger Lighting Dust shouted, trying to run back to get her sister.

“It’s too dangerous kid, we need to leave!” a security guard told her.

Lighting just didn’t listen and ran back to the area where the tornado was, managing to duck underneath or dodge the debris.

“Come on… where is she?! Where is she?!”

She saw a white blanket stuck underneath a marble column and ran over to it, knowing that’s where she was. Lighting was able to duck underneath it and get closer, “Don’t worry sis, I’m gonna get you outta here!”

She heard her baby sister crying, the sound faint due to the sound of the wind howling throughout the area.

“Shh… it’s okay… I’ll get you somewhere safe, and then we’ll be with mommy and daddy again. I promise,” Lightning reassured her little sister as she got closer to moving the column to free her. Lightning was able to reach her but she lost her grip on the blanket, causing her sister to get swept away by the winds, “NO! Sis!”

She was about to fly away, but she was stopped by the magic of the royal guards, “NO! LET ME GO! MY LITTLE SISTER I HAVE TO SAVE HER! NO!!!”

---

“...Sis!” Lighting Dust shouted, her eyes snapping back to normal as she took off as fast as she could to go and catch Scootaloo.

Scootaloo screamed as the fierce winds blew her around, the Pegasus filly trying to reach out for something to hold onto before she saw Lightning Dust.

“Don’t worry! I’ll catch you!” Lighting told her, “Just… a little… faster… please…”

There was a glow from her flank, being the equal sign symbol in place of her Cutie Mark.

---

“Some stone? What a lame Cutie Mark… but eh. It gives me another ally,” Starlight shrugged, looking at a stone symbol in the jar she kept Cutie Marks in. Suddenly, she saw one begin to vibrate like crazy.

It was the one containing Lightning Dust’s Cutie Mark, the jar containing it bouncing around like crazy before it fell on the floor, shattering upon impact as the Cutie Mark flew straight out the window.

---

The Cutie Mark was restored to Lighting Dust, allowing her to reach her top speed and let her catch up with Scootaloo. However, even though she could go faster now, she still had trouble with the wind caused by the tornado.

“Stupid tornado…” Lightning growled as she took into the air and began to spin in the opposite direction of the tornado, the pegasus barely managing to stop it before she flew to catch Scootaloo.

“Come on… stupid wings… work…” Scootaloo whimpered as she fell, the filly trying her best to fly, but her wings wouldn’t work.

“I’ll catch you!” Lighting shouted as she flew faster, “Don’t worry!”

“...Uh…” Scootaloo whimpered a bit, not sure if she should trust her or not.

“I promise nothing bad will happen to you!” Lightning Dust shouted.

Scootaloo gulped, still a bit unsure. As she fell, she immediately closed her eyes and began to cry a bit, scared as she waited for the ground to come, but… it never came as she slowly opened her eyes, letting her see that she was in Lightning Dust’s arms.

“You’re safe…” Lightning Dust smiled, “You okay kid?”

“Yea…” Scootaloo nodded.

“...Do you… remember me?”

“Re-remember?” Scootaloo blinked.

“Look in your memory… it’s there…”

Scootaloo closed her eyes and thought long and hard.

---
(Flashback)
“Hi there baby sis…” Lighting Dust waved, “I’m your big sister...and I promise that nothing bad will happen to you… ever.”

“You’ll love your little sister, right Lighting?” a female’s voice asked. The pegasus mare was light green like Lightning Dust was, and had a purple mane and yellow eyes.

“I will, I always will, I promise!” Lighting assured.

“She’s adorable…” a male’s voice added, the stallion pegasus being orange with a yellow mane and purple eyes, “What shall we name her?”

“...I got the perfect name,” the female smiled softly, “Scootaloo…”

“Where’d you get that from, mommy? And don’t you like my idea of Spark Blitz?” Lightning asked.

“It’s a good name dear, but…” the female paused as she looked at thee sleeping foal in her arms, “I think Scootaloo fits much better.”

“...okay,” Lightning sighed a bit as she looked at the the young foal in her mother's arms, "Don't worry...I promise I'll be there for you, little sis."

---

“...Big sis?” Scootaloo whispered.

“Yeah… it’s me,” Lightning Dust smiled.

“...Y-you’re really here…” Scootaloo whispered, small tears forming in her eyes, “I… I can’t believe this…”

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” Rainbow Dash shouted at the top of her lungs as she punched Lightning Dust away from Scootaloo.

“Are you okay?” Twilight asked Scootaloo as she caught her.

“Yea, I am but-”

“Stay away from her, or else I’ll have Twilight throw ya in the slammer!” Rainbow growled as she ran over and began to hold Lightning Dust by the scruff of her shirt, “Also, you better hope I don’t see your face again after kidnapping Twilight, otherwise I-!”

“Hey! Don’t just threaten my big sister!” Scootaloo shouted.

“Not now Scootaloo, the adults are.-” Dash began before her eyes widened and she turned to Scootaloo, “Wait… big sister?!”

“Yes.” Sora informed, flying over to her daughter, “Scootaloo is the second daughter of Raging Streak and Thundering Burst.”

“W-what?!” Rainbow Dash gawked.

“I… I… I don’t know what to say…” Twilight admitted, the Alicorn at a loss for word.

---

=later, back at the castle=

“So… Scootaloo’s big sister is a criminal?” Dawn Star asked.

“Not willingly,” Lightning informed, “I don’t remember much, but after I bumped into Starlight Glimmer… that’s it. Everything else was a blank.”

“You attacked the castle, you kidnapped Twilight, and nearly wrecked Ponyville with that tornado you made to try and counter mine,” Rainbow stated.

“...I did that? I don’t want to hurt anyway… I… I learned…” Lightning Dust sighed as she sat down on the floor, “After I got kicked out of the Wonderbolts Academy, I… felt lost. I didn’t know what to do or anything. I thought about my behavior and realized…I was an idiot. And… a damn big one. I just wanted to impress Spitfire so bad, I didn’t notice all the damage I did. I hurt my fellow cadets, I endangered some lives…” she paused as she looked down at the floor, “I deserved to be kicked out of the academy.”

“But… you’ve learned, right?”

“Yeah...I have,” Lightning nodded as she looked at Dash and Scootaloo with a smile, “I’ve relearned what it means to be loyal.”

“And now you know why they call me Loyalty,” Rainbow smirked a bit.

“Eheh… yea,” Lightning chuckled a bit before she got up, “I… guess I’ll be on my way then.”

“No, sis, don’t go,” Scootaloo told her, “We just found each other a-"

“Scoots… listen,” Lightning Dust began as she knelt down and put her hand on the pegasus filly’s shoulder, “I’m gonna be away for a while. If what Rainbow told me about Starlight is true… then I better keep my eye out for her.”

“Please…” Scootaloo begged.

“Hey don’t worry,” Lightning Dust smiled a bit as she messed with Scootaloo’s hair a bit, “I’ll be back for Rainbow and… uh…”

“Twilight.”

“Thank you. Twilight’s wedding. That is…” Lightning paused as she looked at Twilight and Rainbow Dash, “If that’s okay with you… especially after what happened in all.”

“With Scoots here… it makes you family,” Dash smiled.

“...Just one night?” Scootaloo begged.

“...Alright,” Lightning replied as she gave Scootaloo a soft smile, “I’ll stay for one night.”

“Thank you…” Scootaloo smiled, hugging her big sister.

---

That night, Lightning Dust was packing up a few things for her travels.

“...hey,” Dash’s voice spoke, causing Lightning to look over her shoulder to see the rainbowette standing in the doorway, “Leaving already?”

“Just wanna make sure I’m packed,” Lighting informed, “Hey Rainbow… I… I… I… *sighs* thanks for adopting her. I’m… just glad someone like you is taking care of her.”

“No problem,” Rainbow smiled a bit as she walked up next to her fellow pegasus, “So...how long do you think you’ll be gone?”

“Heck if I know,” she shrugged.

“...I think you should do something so Scoots can keep in touch with you.”

“Huh?” Lightning couldn’t help but blink at that.

“Like… a cellphone number so she can talk to you?”

“Oh… eheh… funny thing about that,” Lightning Dust chuckled sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her head, “I… really don’t have a phone or anything.”

Dash let out an annoyed groan, “Sheesh, Lightning Dust.”

“Sorry. I just couldn’t afford to have one really. Heck, I was lucky enough to get into the Academy,” Lightning Dust said before sighing a bit, “Of which I made a major ass out of myself.”

“...I know all to well Lighting, I really know how Scootaloo will worry about you.”

“I know… I know… maybe until I can get a phone or something, I’ll just send out some letters or something.”

“Just… don’t leave the kid so scared. Why not go to her room and…you know, wish her good night and all that jazz?” Dash suggested.

“...You’re really motherly, you know that?” Lighting Dust giggled.

“I try,” Rainbow chuckled.

---

Scootaloo yawned as she laid in her bed, the pegasus filly exhausted after what happened. She heard a knock at the door before she noticed Lighting walking in.

“Big sis?” Scootaloo blinked.

“I…wanted to come and see you before I leave,” Lighting informed, sitting down by her, “Look. I’m really sorry I wasn’t there for you while growing up. I… thought I had lost you, but at the same time… I wanted to keep hope that you were still alive in my heart. I joined the Wonderbolts Academy in hopes of finding you faster…*sighs* and look how that turned out.”

Scootaloo nodded before she heard what sounded like a howling sound, making her cover her head under the blanket.

“Hey relax, Scootaloo,” Lightning Dust said as she rubbed her little sister’s head, “It’s probably just the wind or something.’

“C-c-c-c-can you check?” Scootaloo asked nervously.

Lighting nodded and proceeded to walk over to the closet, showing there wasn’t anything in there beyond what should be in there, and nothing under the bed.

“Nothing there. See? Like I said, nothing but the wind,” the older pegasus smiled a bit

“Okay,” Scootaloo nodded.

“...And don’t worry. I’ll be sure to keep in contact with ya,” Lightning reassured her as she walked back over and sat next to her, “I’ll make sure to send ya a letter and stuff… at least until I get a phone.”

“...Okay,” Scootaloo nodded, “Hey uh… mind me asking you something?”

“Sure.”

“...what were mom and dad like?”

“Mom was confident and caring while Dad was competetive but a team player. I remember a conversation mom said our dad had with Rainbow’s dad.” Lighting began, “‘He’s one of the coolest ponies you can meet, but I’m cooler’ Rainbow’s dad said, our dad responded, ‘I’m cooler’ and then Dash’s father retaliated by saying ‘If you’re cool, I’m 20% cooler than you are,’”

Scootaloo giggled at this a bit, “...Do you miss them?”

“Of course. You only get one set of parents…” Lighting Dust responded.

“I have Rainbow Dash and Twilight as my moms.”

“I meant biologically. It doesn’t matter if you’re biologically related or not, there’s always somepony to take care of you,” Lighting told her as they hugged, “Oh right. Here.”

She rummaged into a bag she had been carrying and took out a stuffed eagle doll.

“Wh-what is it?” Scootaloo inquired, taking it into her hands.

“Your little stuffed animal,” Lightning replied with a small smile, “You used to carry that thing everywhere when you were a foal.”

“...Sparky?” she asked.

“Yea,” Lightning nodded, “I’ve been holding onto it after I… well, lost you.”

Scootaloo smiled and hugged it for a few moments before looking at it, “...Sis. Do you think I can fly one day?”

“It’s possible,” Lightning Dust shrugged a bit, ”I’m sure you’ll be able to fly one day.”

“...I hope so,” Scootaloo said before she yawned.

“...I know you’re a pre-teen, but… mom used to sing to us when we were little… do you mind…”

“Go ahead.”

Lightning Dust smiled, tucking her little sister in before sitting close to sing the lullaby.

“It’s time to sleep… time to sleep… there’s no need to weep. Rest your eyes, sleep until the sunrise. Just know your family loves you, yes they do. So let’s bid the day a see you soon. Rest nice and calm, rest without any alarm. Dream little dreams… maybe of kings and queens. Sleep well… and tight,” Lighting sung beautifully, with the singing voice of an angel, “And without… one little fright. So~... goodnight~.”

She concluded and saw Scootaloo's eyes shut, “Good night sis,”

Lighting Dust got up and headed for the door to leave before…

“I love you,” Scootaloo told her big sister, making her eyes widen. Lighting had not heard anybody tell her that in years, she turned to see her sister was still slightly awake.

The teal pegasus walked over and placed a kiss on Scootaloo’s forehead, “...I love you too, little sis.”

Scootaloo smiled as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"...Until next time," Lightning Dust whispered as she headed for the door and walked out, slowly and carefully closing the door.

Author's Note:

Now before you ask about Lightning Dust and Scootaloo being sisters, and the former singing beautifuly....again, this is AU. Also, sorry that this story has sorta gone off track, but don't worry. After the whole 'Starlight situation' is over, i'll be able to do the final chapters involving Fluttershy and Silver Hawk.