• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,807 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,807

Dawn's Mother?!

“...what happened to Cadence and Lapis?” Twilight’s eyes widened as she was talking to Shining Armor over the phone.

-They were captured… by Flash Sentry- Shining replied, trying his best to calm down -I already have guards out everywhere, and sent a message to Canterlot, and Ponyville. If anypony catches any sign of him, I’ll know-

“Alright. …*sighs* I can’t believe I even thought I liked him for half a second…” Twilight growled.

-...So you liked him once…- Shining Armor noted before sighing, -I should’ve seen it… all Flash thought about was you… though, Cadence thought it wasn’t real love. More like an obsession…-

“...I guess you have a point. Anyhow…” she began when somepony else called, “Oh hang on a sec. Another call,”

-...Alright. But if anything happens, or if you hear any word from Cadence and Lapis, let me know.-

“Right,” Twilight nodded as she changed calls, “Hello?”

-Are you… Princess Twilight?-

“Speaking,”

-Then… you know where Dawn Star is, correct?-

“...Why do you want to know?”

-Just tell me if she’s alright…-

“She is. Now again, why do you want to know?”

-...I’m a relative of hers.-

Twilight’s eyes slightly widened a bit at that before she calmed down, “...Continue.”

-Is she with you? And if so, can I come to your location?-

“...She’s in her room reading, so yes,” Twilight nodded, “We’re at the castle in Ponyville.”

-Excellent. I’ll see you soon.-

“Okay,” Twilight nodded as the voice hung up, “Dawn never mentioned any relatives… Dash!”

“Yea?” Rainbow responded as she poked her head in.

“If you don’t have anything to do today, mind staying here with me? I just received a call from a relative of Dawn’s, and she wants to see her.”

“Oh? That’s neat… I bet she’ll be kind of sad when she hears Dawn doesn’t remember her family at all.”

“Huh?”

“She told Scoots that she doesn’t remember her family. All she could remember was waking up in the orphanage seh and Quirky grew up in.”

---

Later that day, a pink unicorn mare knocked at the door, her mane done up in a small ponytail.

“Who is it?” Twilight’s voice asked.

“My name is Evening Radiance. I spoke with you on the phone earlier, Ms. Sparkle,” the unicorn answered.

“Oh… hold on,” Twilight replied as she opened the door, “Please, come in.”

---

Back in Neighpon, Empress Nova was in deep thought as she laid in her bed. If this Dawn Star really is who she thinks she is...then she had one thing to do...

“...Kasumi?” the empress spoke to a sky blue pegasus mare.

“Hai, Nova-sama?”

“Please help me gather my things,” Nova answered as she stood up, “I think I should pay Celestia’s student a visit.”

---

Back in Ponyville, Evening soon sat down in one of the main room, the unicorn looking around the place, before she was seated in a living room.

“So… who are you to Dawn Star?” Dash asked as she sat by Twilight, keeping a slight suspicious eye on her..

“I’m sorry, but forgive me for responding to a question with a question, but, who are you?”

“I’m Rainbow Dash, Twilight’s marefriend.”

“Oh?” Evening blinked a bit, “I was not aware Princess Twilight was one of those kinds of mares.”

“...yes, I am. And along with Dawn Star, we have another filly under our care. But… again, I ask, who are you to Dawn Star?” Twilight responded.

“...I am Dawn Star’s mother.” she informed.

Silence fell over the room, Twilight looking at Evening with wide eyes, but Rainbow Dash glared at her.

“...You have some nerve abandoning your daughter, lady!” Rainbow growled.

“Dash, calm d-”

“No! Does she have any idea what Dawn’s been through back in Neighpon?!” Rainbow dash argued, “She was objected to a witch hunt because she was an Alicorn!”

“G-gomen nasai…” she responded, getting on her knees, “I just couldn’t afford to raise her… me and my husband lost our jobs, our home… nopony would take us in… I-I couldn’t let Dawn be raised as a homeless pony, so I had to give her up.”

“...but that doesn’t explain how Dawn lost her memory,” Twilight informed.

“She… what?”

“...Dawn doesn’t remember her family at all. All she can remember about anypony who’s biologically related to her is that her mom’s name is ‘Evening something’,” Rainbow dash explained.

“....I see,” Evening noted as she stood up, “Please… excuse me for a moment.”

“Go ahead,” Twilight nodded as Evening Radiance left with the alicorn turning to Rainbow, “You didn’t have to be so rude.”

“I know, but… I was so mad that she left her daughter and stuff,” Rainbow Dash sighed before blinking, “...Wait… something doesn’t feel right.”

“...Rainbow. Please… let’s just let her talk, and maybe help Dawn remember her mother.” Twilight told her, making Dash remain quiet for a moment.

“Hey Dawn, Scootaloo, can you two come here a moment?” Dash asked.

---

-How’s it going?- a male voice asked Evening on her phone.

“Good so far. They think I’m that Alicorn filly’s mother,” Evening replied with a slight smirk, “I’ll be leaving with our ‘little girl’ soon.”

---

“My… mother?” Dawn blinked in surprise.

“She wants to talk with you… we don’t know what she wants to talk about, but promise us you’ll hear her out?” Twilight asked.

“...I’ll hear her out,” Dawn replied after a moment of silence, “So… Evening Radiance was her name. Heh… I was right about her name… part of it, anyway.”

Evening walked back over before gasping at Dawn, tears about to fall from her eyes.

“Dawn… i-is that really you?” Evening asked, her voice a bit strained as she held back a sob.

“...hai,” Dawn nodded, dropping her jacket down, “...why did you leave me?”

“...Dawn, I… I wish I could’ve kept you, but me and your father were broke. We…” Evening paused as she choked back another sob, “We were homeless.”

“...and my memory?”

“...I honestly wish I could answer that.” she admitted, rubbing a tear away from her eye, “Uh… can I have a moment alone with my daughter?”

“...Sure th-” Twilight began.

“Hold on…” Scootaloo spoke up, giving Evening a suspicious look, “If you’re really Dawn’s mom… then what’s her father’s name?”

“Easy. It’s Dusk Cloud.”

“Dawn?” Scootaloo responded as she looked at her adoptive sister.

“...I can’t verify it. I’ve told you all… all I remember about my family is that my mom’s name is ‘Evening something’.”

“...let’s give them their space,” Twilight told the two pegasi, actually dragging them away by their ears.

“Ow ow! Okay, Twi!” Rainbow winced as the Alicorn dragged her and Scootaloo off, “Just easy on the ear!”

With that, the door was closed, leaving only Dawn and her mother in the room.

“...I… I have so many questions… and I know you have answers…” Dawn responded nervously, “...well, some anyway. ...but… are you really my mother? I... I can’t remember anypony who-”

Suddenly, Evening’s horn began to glow and touched Dawn’s forehead, the filly was about to gasp, but a relaxing wave flowed over her. Her eyes became sort of glossed over, just being a pale blue and white.

“...Okaa-san…” Dawn smiled as she hugged Evening.

“Yes Dear… it’s me,” Evening nodded as she rubbed her head, a small unnoticeable smirk on her face, “We have so much catching up to do…”

---

“Where’s Dawn?” Scootaloo asked later that night seeing her sister was gone.

“...uh… she went home with her mother,” Twilight informed.

“What?!” Scootaloo gasped as she looked at her with wide eyes, “You… You just let her go like that?!”

“We tried to keep her here. She threw a wild tantrum… a-”

“Dawn would never do something like that!” Scootaloo argued.

“She hasn’t known her family… she just wanted to go with her mother. But… we don’t know where they live so we can visit,” Rainbow sighed a bit.

“But… but…”

Before anypony could say anything else, a knock came from the front door.

“Huh? Who could that be at this time of night?” Twilight pondered as she walked towards the door, Rainbow staying near her just in case, “Hello?”

“...may you open up, Princess Twilight Sparkle?” a regal voice asked.

Twilight was a bit confused and hesitant at first, but she slowly opened up the door to see the Empress of Neighpon standing there.

“...aren’t you…” Twilight began in surprise.

“I am. Watashi wa Evening Nova, Empress of Neighpon,” the unicorn bowed slightly, “May I please come in? I wish to speak to you about the Alicorn filly in your care… Dawn Star.”

“...Oka-”

“Hold up,” Rainbow spoke in slight suspicion, “Why do you want to talk about Dawn?”

“...Please, it’s important I talk to you about her.”

“...Try and find her mother. That’s all we can really tell you at this point,” Twilight responded.

“...I beg your pardon?”

“Dawn’s mother came by earlier today, and left about an hour or so ago,” Twilight explained.

“...But… that’s impossible,” Nova gasped with wide eyes.

“Huh?” Twilight and Rainbow blinked at that.

“Why’s that?” Dash inquired.

“...This...might be hard to explain but… I’m Dawn Star’s mother,” Nova replied, causing Twilight and Rainbow’s eyes to widen in surprise.

---

“So… how did it go?” a certain pegasus stallion asked as Evening and Dawn arrived at a cave somewhere in the Everfree Forest.

“I got the filly,” she informed.

“Otou-san…” Dawn smiled as she looked at Flash.

“Good,” the bright orange pegasus nodded, “And Twilight and… Rainbow don’t suspect a thing?”

“Did run into a few small snags with that annoying rainbowette, but nothing I couldn’t dance my way around.” Evening informed before dropping an illusion spell and turning into Aki, “It was a piece of cake actually.”

“Okaa-san… Otou-san… are those bad ponies going to do anything to me again?” Dawn asked.

“No Dawn… no they’re not. You dont’ have to worry about those nasty ponies ever again,” Aki assured her, “Just relax, okay?”

“Okay,” Dawn nodded.

---

“So, whoever took Dawn earlier wasn’t actually her mother?” Scootaloo gawked.

“No…” Rainbow sighed before hitting her fist against the wall, “Ugh! I should’ve kept a close eye on them!”

“Don’t blame yourself, Rainbow… I was the one who escorted us all out of the room…” Twilight responded before turning to Empress Nova, “...so… why did you leave Dawn?”

“...I didn’t,” Nova sighed, “She… was stolen from me.”

“What?” Twilight blinked.

“On the night she was born...she was taken from me,” Nova explained as small tears formed in her eyes, “I… I thought I’d never see her again… but when Celestia told me about her… I… I was so happy. I...I wanted to see my daughter but…” she paused as she wiped the tears from her eyes, “It seems she was taken from me once more…”

“...We are so sorry,” Twilight apologized, “...now we have another search and rescue mission to deal with.”

“What do you mean?”

“My sister-in-law and her newborn son were taken as well,” Twilight explained, causing Nova’s eyes to widen, “My brother sent out a search party to find them.”

“...it might be the same ponies.”

“First we had that stupid Aki, then we had Flash make off with Cadence and Lapis, and now this? Ugh… when can we ever have a normal day?” Rainbow Dash groaned.

“Twilight, Rainbow! We have news!” Posey informed as she ran in alongside Timid with Silver Hawk and Fluttershy following them, “Aki is going to take Dawn Star captive!”


“...that was Aki earlier?” Twilight gasped.

“You gotta be kidding me! She’s here too?!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“But… that’s impossible. How… could…” Twilight began as it dawned on her, “...that pony from before… it was her. She used illusion magic to trick us!”

“Why do those spells even exist?” Dash wondered.

“Shinobi invented them,” Posey informed, “It was to trick their enemies so they could get the upperhand, or make a quick escape.”

“...I’m gonna go get Applejack,” Rainbow stated as she flew up, “I’m not letting that manipulative witch get away with this!”

---

Soon, most of the Mane 6 had gathered… but there was a head missing.

“Where’s Sunset?” Twilight asked.

“She’s busy with a friend,” Posey sighed, “...We can’t worry about her right now. We need to come up with a plan.”

“Good idea,” Twilight nodded.

“Um, Twilight dear?” Rarity spoke up, “Are you sure it’s okay to leave Fluttershy, Silver, and Timid alone back at your place, especially with Aki running around?”

“I’ve assigned Spike and every guard I have at my castle to protect them. And the Empress is with them as well, so I doubt Aki would try anything with her there,” Twilight explained, “But right now, we need to focus on finding Dawn.”

“Right,” everypony nodded.

---

Meanwhile, unknown to the Mane 6 at the time, somepony happened to be flying above the Everfree Forest, and saw Aki walking with Dawn and slowly followed them…