• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,803 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,803

The dream, and the explanation

Author's Note:

Before we begin, just want to say a few things. One; I do not own anything in this story except my OCs(which you'll be seeing soon). Two; since this is a AU, there will be a few human stuff in here, such as cell phones and stuff. 3: We haven't gotten a name for the world Equestria is set in, so my buddy Pikatwig came up with Equina. 4: as stated in the discription, this will contain multiple pairings. 5:...I hope you enjoy and leave a good comment/review as it took me quite a while to make this. Well.,.I had help from my friends KKD Silver and Pikatwig of course. But never teh less, I hope you enjoy

"So...you're really leaving then..." a voice asked sadly.

"H...h...hai(yes)," a rather shy voice replied.

"...I see..."

"...W...will we ever see each other again?" the shy voice asked.

"..I hope s-"

"..H..hello? Hello? Wh..where'd you go?!" the shy voice whimpered as the first voice went silent, "No..no please..don't go please. Please!"
---
"Don't go!" Fluttershy shouted as she shot up from her bed, a cold sweat on her face as she tried to reach out for something.

It took a moment for her to calm down as she retracted her arm, the shy mare panting a bit.

'I...it was just a dream..but...who was I calling out too?' Fluttershy thought to herself before a bit of the morning sun's rays shined down on her, '..I..I'll worry about it later. I need to get ready for today...'
---

“M-morning everypony. S-sorry I’m late,” Fluttershy apologized as she met up with two of her friends in the park, the shy mare wearing her usual forest green sweater and dark brown skirt, “I-it took me a while to get ready.”

“Eh. it’s cool, Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash shrugged as she turned towards Twilight, the Alicorn currently sitting on a park bench “So, what’re we doing today?”

“Hmm… not sure really. Sunset, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie are busy, so I guess it’s just us for today,” Twilight replied.

“Oh… alright,” Rainbow Dash shrugged before her stomach grumbled a bit, ”...Uh… you girls want a bite to eat or something? There’s this new place that opened up, and they look like they serve some good food.”

“Alright,” Twilight nodded before looking over at Fluttershy, “You coming, Fluttershy?”

“Um, n-no thank you. I… actually ate this morning,” Fluttershy answered.

“Oh...I see,” Twilight noted as she stood up, ”I guess we’ll see you a bit later then.”

Fluttershy nodded as she walked off, her mind being in another place as she did so while Twilight and Rainbow Dash walked off in the opposite direction. All she did was stare at the sky for a bit in thought and eventually let out a soft sigh and then sat down.

“...Odd dream… reminded me of home,” she admitted to herself, as she just watched the clouds roll by.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a small giggle as she turned her head to see a couple walk by, the two close to each other. Seeing this caused the anthro pegasus mare to feel a small twinge in her heart.

“...Why do I… feel so… lonely all of a sudden?” she muttered to herself. She felt like she was missing something… but what? What was missing? She sighed before walking off, the shy mare looking down at the ground as she did so, “Atashi… lonely… just… lonely…”

Fluttershy just sat down at the bench she was by and had begun to lie down on it in relaxation. She felt her phone buzz as did so, she took it out and saw a text from Rarity.

-At the spa. Where are you?-

“Oh...um…” Fluttershy began as she began to send a reply, “I am at the park right now. I was going to meet Rainbow Dash and Twilight, but they left.”

-Okay. Hurry if you can.-

“O-okay. I will be there shortly,” Fluttershy replied as she got up, ‘I-I wonder what she wants to talk to me about?'
---

“Sorry I’m late, Rarity,” Fluttershy apologized as she showed up.

“It’s alright, darling. I was just wondering what was taking you is all,” Rarity nodded before she spotted something on Fluttershy’s face, “...Fluttershy...were you crying?”

“...A little… I just… saw this couple and… well… I… just… felt alone… I don’t know why,” Fluttershy replied, rubbing her eye a bit to get rid of the tear.

“...I see,” Rarity noted, “Have you ever like anypony?”

“Well… I’ll admit… I like both… and… well… I uh… think you’re… kind of… beautiful…” Fluttershy responded.

“Why thank you, dear.”

“Y-you’re welcome but… but… Rarity? C-can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what is it darling?”

“W-well, I-I had a st-strange dream. N-not sure what it was but...I-I think it involved me as a filly but...”

“...But what, dear?”

“It was… blurred.”

“Blurred?”

“H-hai…” Fluttershy nodded before covering her mouth a bit.

“...Uh, greetings again?” Rarity replied confusingly.

“...it’s a different language… my… original one,” Fluttershy admitted, “It means ‘yes’ or ‘right’.”

“Oh,” Rarity noted.

“So...um, a-are we still up for our daily s-spa treatment?”

“Of course,” Rarity smiled, as she took Fluttershy’s hand and guided her on to their time at the spa. Fluttershy tried to hide her blush with her hair as the two mares walked through the spa.

---

“Ahh~ Fantastic as always,” Rarity sighed in bliss as she and Fluttershy left teh spa, “Right, dear?”

“R-right,” Fluttershy nodded, her mind elsewhere at the moment.

“So… where are you from, if you mind me asking?”

“Ara… er… huh?”

“You said you had a different language… so that would mean you might be from somewhere else… so, where would that be?”

“...N-ne…” Fluttershy whispered, hardly being able to be heard.

“....pardon me?”

“...wh-why don’t I tell you and the girls later when we go and meet them at Twilight’s place?”

“Sounds fine with me,” Rarity smiled, as they walked along.

‘...Rarity…I-I want to tell you but...I-I’m unsure of how you’ll react to where I came from...’

---

“So… what’s going on?” Dash asked as the group met up at Twilight’s.

“Well, Fluttershy wanted to tell us all something,” Rarity replied

“Fire away Sugarcube,” Applejack told her.

“O-okay… but… promise me something first…” she told them, “I-if I tell you all this, p-please promise me this won’t change your opinion on me.”

“It won’t, I promise,” Sunset smiled.

“Th-thank you,” Fluttershy smiled, again hiding a blush with her hair.

“We promise too, Sugahcube,” AJ added with a soft smile.

“So do we,” Twilight and Rainbow added.

“Yeah! So what do ya want to tell us?!” Pinkie asked in a semi-excited tone.

“...W-well, h-has anypony here heard of N-Neighpon?”

“I have,” Sunset informed.

“So have I,” Rarity nodded.

“Yea. But… not much of it good. Their ruler made some sort of negative comment about Princess Luna while she was still in the moon, and Celestia declared war on them. Many lives were lost, and it badly damaged our relationship with them for many moons. Travel to and from there was banned, so was trade, and ponies who already moved and lived here had a bad reputation,” Twilight informed, “And in fact, that’s why we didn’t see Luna at the Grand Galloping Gala. She was off making peace with the rulers there.”

“...I-I see.”

“Yeah. Wait, why bring Neighpon up?”

“B-Because…” Fluttershy paused as she gave a small sigh, “I-I’m from Neighpon.”

Everyone gasped at this, and Fluttershy hid her face with her hair, a bit nervous.

“That’s amazing darling! I heard it has some of the best fashion in all of Equina,” Rarity informed.

“Wow… to think we have a friend from there,” Sunset smiled.

“So… what’s it like, if you remember?” Rainbow asked.

“...Well… it’s very bright…A-and the cherry blossom trees are absolutely beautiful and the most romantic flower in the world… but…” Fluttershy paused as she looked down, “Those’re the only good memories I have of it. W-when I was a filly, even younger than when I met Rainbow Dash, and went to school…I...I was constantly bullied on for being shy. I...I had no friends whatsoever.”

“So… sort of like the Crusaders… just sort of?” Pinkie asked.

“No...even worse.”

“Don’t bring up bad memories if they hurt, that’s sort of my look on memories,” Sunset said, putting her hand on her shoulder, making Fluttershy blush and hid her face behind her hair.

“Yeah. I mean, are you sure you didn’t have at least one friend, Fluttershy?”

“...I-it’s blurry, but… I-I remember a colt that used to make me smile.”

“Aww…” Rarity smiled.

“But… if yer from there, how come yer over here?” Applejack asked.

“...Remember that war Twilight mentioned?” she told them, “...*sighs* B-before the war, my mom and dad sent me here to stay with my grandma for a bit. And then…months later once it was over…” she paused as tears formed in her eyes, “I...I found out they died…”

The room fell silent as Fluttershy began to cry, the shy mare’s tears hitting the floor as they fell from her face.

“Sugahcube… A-Ah’m so sorry to hear that,” Applejack whispered sadly.

“I miss them… I miss them so much… I haven’t even seen their graves to pay my respects once…” Fluttershy cried, the shy mare hugging herself as tears continued to form in her eyes.

Rarity and Sunset walked over and hugged her, neither of them noticing the deep red blush that appeared on Fluttershy as they did so.

“Darling, we’re so sorry to hear this… but… don’t let such sad things get to you,” Rarity spoke softly.

“Yeah...if you remember the good memories you’ve spent with them, they’ll always be with you,” Sunset added.

“...M-my grandma used to say the same thing to me when I was a filly,” Fluttershy spoke with a small smile.

“So, you lived with your grandmother when you were in Cloudsdale?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes,” Fluttershy nodded, “I lived with her until I was old enough to move out, even after I had gotten my Cutie Mark. I didn’t want her to be alone, and I didn’t want to be alone. I-I visited her from time to time… until...she passed on...”

“Do you have anymore family?” Applejack asked.

“...The only one I’m aware of is back home in Neighpon…a cousin, and her name is Posey.”

“Posey?”

“Y-yes. I-I think I still have a picture of her,” Fluttershy replied as she searched through her clothing before pulling out her wallet,”I-I know it’s somewhere around h-oh! Here it is,” she smiled a bit as she pulled out a picture of herself as a filly, and one that looked almost like her.

“Are you sure that’s a cousin and and not your twin?”

“A lot of ponies said the same thing when they saw us together,” Fluttershy giggled a bit, “While I still lived in Neighpon, my cousin and that colt I mentioned where my best friends… I… just wish I can see them again.. .e-especially that colt.”

“Oh?”

“I-I know this might sound a bit silly but…” Fluttershy paused as she blushed, “I-I used to have a crush on him. Wh-whenever he made me happy, m-my heart would feel like it’s beating a thousand miles an hour.”

“...So… you haven’t seen them for a long time?” Twilight asked.

“Hai,” Fluttershy nodded, making everyone look in confusion, bar Rarity.

“It means ‘yes’ or ‘right’,” Rarity informed.

“Ohh…” the others nodded in response.

“...Hmm… I think I can do something on the matter, but I’ll need to check with Celestia first,” Twilight informed, walking off.

“Heh… you and your cousin look so much alike… did you ever get mixed up?”

“Three times,” Fluttershy informed, “And… we occasionally pranked people by pretending to be the other.”

“Oh? You had a prank-ish side, Fluttershy?” Rainbow Dash asked with a slight grin as she and Pinkie looked at her.

“Y-yes I did,” Fluttershy nodded with a slight giggle.

“Heh...cool. Maybe next time we go pranking, we’ll take you with us,” Rainbow Dash chuckled a bit.

“Yeah! I bet you can come up with some pretty funny ones too, Shy!” Pinkie beamed.

“...Y-yeah…” Fluttershy nodded slowly

“So… what’s the food like over there?” Applejack asked.

“Well… it’s all yummy… though… they do use some fish… dunno why… and oh, there’s a rather famous strawberry farm there, sort of like Sweet Apple Acres. I actually knew the son of the parents who owned the place.”

“Huh. Interestin’ Was he th’ same colt y’all mentioned before?”

“N-no. But he was friends with him,” Fluttersyh replied, “..ooh! there was also some thigns I used to collect back in Neighpon. Manga.”

“...That’s weird,” Pinkie spoke as she tilted her head slightly, “Why would you collect mangos?”

“No no. Manga, Pinkie,” Fluttershy corrected the excitable pinkette, “It’s a colorless comic book, and it’s the opposite direction of our books.”

“That’s why you always opened up your textbook the wrong way back in school,” Dash realized.

“Yea… well… there was one I loved really well… it was called Sailor Moon,” she informed, “A-and before you ask, no. It has nothing to do with Princess Luna. Though..” she paused to giggle slightly, “There was a cat in it that was named Luna.”

“Neat,” Dash smiled.

“I actually brought one over with me when I left… though… I only brought one because I thought I was going back home… and it was the first issue I brought… I actually got it signed by the author,” Fluttershy informed.

“Really?” Twilight asked as she walked back in, overhearing what the shy mare said.

“H-hai. Demo (but)... it’s back home, and I’d have to move a lot of stuff just to find it,” Fluttershy admitted sheepishly, “And… we wore something beautiful back there… it was called a kimono. In fact, I helped my mom and grandmom sew them a lot.”

“...Please tell me you still have one,” Rarity begged the shy mare a bit.

“I have several, and I can make a lot more… if you’d like.”

“Please do. I would love to wear a Kimono.”

“And it’s because of that, I know quite a bit about sewing,” Fluttershy admitted.

“So that’s how you knew all that stuff when I was working on your Gala dress,” Rarity realized.

“And how ya knew how ta finish that dress fer Rarity ta get her outta that funk,” Applejack added.

“Y-yes,” Fluttershy nodded before giggling a bit, “G-gomen (Sorry), girls. It’s just, I didn’t thnk the conversation would change over to dresses and stuff.”

“Anything else about your home you’d like to mention?” Sunset asked.

“Well… hmm…n-nothing much really…”

“Aw poo,” Pinkie pouted, “I was hoping to hear more about it.”

“Well… I think I can show you all pictures.” Fluttershy informed, taking out her phone and looking up the name of the city she lived in as a filly, being Shibuya, “Here we go. Oh, here’s a famous landmark, the Shibuya 404.”

“Why’s it called that?” Rainbow asked as she and the others looked at the picture, Twilight taking a notepad out so she could write down the information.

“Since there’s a 404 on it,” Fluttershy informed, “Hold on… let me see if I remember the name of that strawberry farm…”

She thought for a moment, and typed it in, finding pictures of it.

“It’s called the Hikari Ichigo Nojo, which is Neghiponese for Hikari Strawberry Farm,” Fluttershy informed.

“I see...interesting,’ Twilight noted as she wrote it down. Just as Fluttershy scrolled to the next picture, she spotted one with what looked like a statue of a Shiba Inu, “Fluttershy? What was that dog statue?”

“Oh. It’s a statue honoring Hachiko, who waited for his master to return. But… he never came as he had died. But.. Hachiko waited for him still, even after he died.”

“Wow… that’s… that’s what I call true Loyalty…” Twilight gawed while Rainbow Dash stayed silent.

“...Twilight?” Rainbow Dash spoke, causing the Alicorn to look at her, “If we ever go to Neighpon, remind me to go visit that statute.”

“...Did you read my mind or something? How’d you know I was going to ask Celestia if we could go there?”

“...You mentioned it before leaving the room and coming back, Twilight,” the tomboy replied.

“Guess you were the only one who heard her, cause we didn’t know,” Sunset informed.

“Well I was standing next to her before she left the room,” RD shrugged.

“...Y-you’d do that for me?” Fluttershy asked, tears forming in her eyes.

“Of course. We’re friends afterall, Fluttershy,” Twilight smiled in response, earning a smile from Fluttershy as the pale yellow pegasus hugged her.

“Well… I think I should prepare you all for the trip…” Fluttershy smiled, “I’ll make you all kimonos.”

“Yes!” Rarity exclaimed, earning her looks from her friends, “...Ahem. I mean, that sounds splendid, darling.”

---

They all arrived at Rarity’s botique, with Fluttershy having brought books and examples to work off of.

“Alright…H-here’s all the designs I have on me,” the shy mare spoke as she opened one of the books, showing the different designs for the kimonos.

“They’re so stunning…” Rarity awed before complaining a bit, “Why don’t we have something like this in Equestria?!”

“...”

“oh...right. The whole ‘ban’ thing…” Rarity chuckled sheepshily a bit before frowning, “Still, to keep something like this is a crime.”

“...Uh… I’m going to need measurements…” Fluttershy informed, “...so… uh… can I take them?”

“That won’t be necessary, dear,” Rarity spoke up as she handed the shy mare a small book, “I keep a record of each pony’s measurements in here, including yours, mine, and the others.”

“Is Sunset’s in here, just checking?” Fluttershy asked.

“She went back home for something,” Twilight replied, “...Not sure what though.”

“Okay… well… I’ll get started,” Fluttershy informed, “Th-this may take a while though. I am a bit rusty when it comes to making kimonos.”

“It’s okay, sugahcube. We can wait,” Applejack said.

---

Fluttershy began to work really hard to make sure they looked right and looked beautiful, a bit of sweat on her forehead as she carefully made sure not to mess it up

As she worked, her mind wandered a little bit, thinking about her old home a bit, her cousin, her old friend… before it changed course a bit. Fluttershy paused for a moment and leaned back into her chair.

‘...Rarity… Sunset… so… kawaii...’ she thought, looking over at two of the finished kimonos, ‘I’m sure they’ll love them.’

She couldn’t help but continue to think of them, blushing as she did so. She then quickly shook her head as she got back to work. But..something popped back up into her head...that dream.

‘That colt… that was his voice…but...why? Why can’t I remember his name...or what he looks like?’ Fluttershy thought. She wanted to remember much of him but...will he remember her?

---

Meanwhile, back over in Neighpon, a girl had noticed a text, and it read this:

-I’m coming home to visit. See you soon.-

The girl giggled, looking over at a picture… of herself with Fluttershy, the two smiling.

“I can’t wait to see you, itoko-chan (cousin),” the girl smiled, ‘Oh! should I tell him she’s coming back… no. I want to see the look on their faces when they finally realize who they are.’