• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,972 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,972

PreviousChapters
Authors Notes

Hello, everyone!

That was A Pony in the Wasteland, and I'm all hoping you liked (or loved ;)) it as much as I did when I was writing it. It's been a little over two years since this story was started, and I can officially say, for the most part, I am happy with this, but even more so that those of you who spent your dear old time reading it found some enjoyment and apocalyptic adventure-style fun out of it!

In all honesty, I think it's really rather shoddy and 'bumpy' in places, especially with the plot twist I made with Brady coming back from the dead by the Enclave running a secret reanimation experiment using stem cells on him to regenerate the damage done to his body.

Some people in the comments were mention my ideas for the character of Rainbow Dash in the story and the developments that took place with her. Her attitude, how quick she is to trust and even the way she acts in relation to the actual Rainbow Dash. My main flaws in the story were actually coming from her character, but I'll leave that up to my readers to debate over.

Although I'm not entirely sure, I think I was reading Fallout: Equestria at the same time as writing this one, and with all the ideas it gave me, some parts of this story did get...somewhat out of hand. As a writer, I aim to give some sort of inspirational, emotional or empathetic touches and moods to give the reader the best experience(s) I possibly can, but it is fair to say that my writing skills here were on the 'rough and dodgy' side of things, mainly because of my writing experience that has been refined since that time.

As a final thank you, I want to say I'm happy to have been able to write something for you guys and girls who read and appreciate my work and for those who chose to support me through the making of this when times got bad, especially with the long hiatus's that came up due to secondary school and college getting in the way.

If you have any questions on the story, feel free to ask them in the comments section below or PM me with the subject title as ''APITW''.

Thanks again,

-Ribe (Dan)

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 2 )

7540635 Yeah, I know. :fluttercry:

My writing skills and knowledge was pretty bad at the time, with this being the 5th (I think) story that I wrote, and I'll admit that it was rushed because I was only focusing on finishing it all together, not actually focusing my attention on writing many, many mentioned locations that are in the story, although I know that they would have been nice to see.

A masterpiece.

Login or register to comment