• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,972 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,972

PreviousChapters Next
Two-Timer

Me and Brady still cuddled together in the clinic, holding each other close and tightly. After about a half our, Gustavo walked in and looked at me and Brady as we cuddled with a smile spread on his face as he stood in the doorway of the clinic. At first, he looked at Brady, happy and a little surprised to see that he was okay and much more back to his original colour, but still very bloody around his chest area and bruised face, along with the small trickle of blood down his lip and face.

''So, I see you're alive, then, eh?'' He said, still smiling.

Brady got up, as did I and looked at him, a blush appearing on both our faces.

''I guess I am.'' Brady said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly with one hand. ''Have you been there long?''

''No, just got here actually. I just needed to talk to you about something.'' Gustavo said, the smile fading from his face as he stepped towards us, his eyes showing an emotionless status.

''What were you doing in Megaton?''

''Huh? What? How do you know I was in Megaton?''

''I found you there. Don't you remember anything? Well, it is understandable seeing as you passed out when I was carrying you here, but are you serious? You don't remember anything?''

Brady didn't respond. Instead, he looked at his now stitched up wound and back at Gustavo a few times.

''No...I don't...'' He eventually said, lifelessly.

''What the hell were you thinking about attacking Mister Burke, kid? That man is nothing but a snake and a trouble maker! I'm just glad I killed him. The rat was asking for it.''

''You were the one who saved me and killed Burke?''

''Yes. You were lucky I found you when I did, too. You were bleeding pretty heavily.''

''I owe you one, Gustavo. Thanks for saving me.'' Brady thanked with a smile.

''Don't mention it, kid.'' Gustavo smiled back. ''By the way, Mister Tenpenny wanted to have a word with you. He's meant to be here in a few minutes, actually.''

Without another moment to talk, Mister Tenpenny came into the clinic, both his guards standing behind his back. He looked at all three of them, mostly at Brady and me. He dismissed the two guards, including Gustavo, leaving them alone to talk together.
He walked towards the operating table where Brady was resting with me snuggled down into his side. He smiled at seeing me hang onto him like I was, but I didn't smile, I just gave a mad glare at him for nearly sending him to his close-to-death-experience.

''Looks like you got into a bit of a scrape with Burke, lad.'' He stated bluntly. ''So, did you accomplish what was asked of you?''

Brady glared at him, and it didn't take me long to realize how much anger was slowly working its way into his voice.

''No. No I didn't. In case you didn't notice, I'm too busy being in medical care because I nearly died, thank you very much.'' Brady deadpanned, making a frown come to Tenpenny's face.

''Oh, don't be like that, now, boyo. Just answer the question.''

''Fine. No, I didn't. Gustavo killed Burke and he carried me back over here. Isn't all my blood on the floor a good enough answer?''

''Mind your attitude, Brady. All I wanted to know was weather you did the task or not. No need to get in a flurry.''

I felt his grip tighten around my hoof protectively as he pulled me closer, rubbing his cheek into mine.

''Ha. Just look at you two together. You make such a lovely couple!''

I ignored that statement. And from the looks (and feels) of it, I think Brady was, too.

''Tenpenny. Why did you want me to go there anyway? Mister Burke had nothing on him. Is there something you aren't telling me?''

''Well, as a matter of fact, there is. You see, I've not been entirely truthful with you, Brady. The task involving Mister Burke was...a set up.''

Me and Brady froze, giving Tenpenny a confused stare at what we had just heard him say.

''A...A set up? Why?'' I asked Tenpenny.

''Well, you see, about Mister Burke, when I told you he had some money of mine that he stole, I lied. The whole aim of the task was to see how far you were willing to go, a test, if you will.'' He explained, still holding his emotionless expression.

''You mean to tell us that you set this up as a ''test'' and nearly sent Brady to his death?! You're a monster! A heartless, cold-blooded monster!'' I shouted at him, making him flinch at the outburst.

''Calm yourself down, Rainbow. Even I couldn't predict that this would of happened to him. Its not like it wasn't dangerous or anythi-''

Before Tenpenny could finish his sentence, I slammed my hoof into his jaw, knocking him out cold onto the ground. I panted heavily, looking at his body on the floor. I could slowly feel anger brewing deeply inside me as I stared over him, wanting to kick him as he lay there, but the punch was enough.

''Rainbow! Rainbow...just...stop.'' Brady tried to calm me, attempting to climb to his feet, but his still weak state made it difficult for him to do so. He gripped the sides of the table tight as he could and forcefully swung his legs to the side, landing them on the blood-stained stone floor, losing his grip and slipping to the floor flat on his chest with a loud thud. He groaned as he tried to pick himself up, falling back down to the floor in failure. I ran towards him and placed my hoof around his body, feeling his heartbeat vibrate through my hoof at a fast pace. With all my strength, I pulled him to his feet, still being careful not to trigger any pain from his stitched wound. He stumbled a little at first, but then he regained his balance and shakily walked his way out of the clinic, with me helping him walk as an aid.


Back in our suite, I helped Brady down on the bed, not letting go of him until he was laying on the sheets. I looked down at him, and he looked back at me with a smile. I held his hand with my hoof, rubbing it up and down gently with my other hoof. He placed a hand to my cheek, rubbing it with the back of his hand gingerly, causing me to blush.

''How's your hoof doing, Dashie?'' He asked, motioning to my bandaged hoof with his eyes.

''Still hurts a bit, but it should be fine. How's your wound?'' I asked with a weak smile.

''Hurts like hell. Rainbow? I know you hate not being able to have full control of that hoof seeing as Pronto broke it, so I wanna show you something. You see that footlocker at the end of the bed? Open it.''

I released my grip on his hand and placed it gently down beside him. I trotted towards the footlocker he appointed me to and opened the aluminium lid. Inside were packs of bandages, some strange-looking needles, medical bags and some guns and bullets of all different calibers and types.

''Alright. You see some needles in there with a pressure gauge on them? Take two out and bring them over here.''

I took two of the strange-looking needles from the footlocker and trotted back to the bed, Placing them beside Brady. He picked one up and looked at the gauge, giving an affirmative nod after looking at it. He placed it back down and looked back at me.

''Now, Rainbow, these are called stimpacks. What they do is, like an original needle, you inject it into your arm, but these are slightly different. You place it into your wounded limb or original wound like mine and it should fix it for you. Ever had an injection before?''

''Y-Yes...I hate needles...''

''Right. I'll be honest, though. These live up to their name. They stimulate the wound and automatically fix the wound. They even fix bones like its nothing. Do you want me to fix your leg?''

''I...I um....no...I mean...yes...I..'' I stuttered uncontrollably, trying to not show the fear of the needle being injected to my hoof, but to no avail.

''Its okay, Rainbow. They don't even hurt. I promise you won't feel it.''

''Okay.'' I put my injured hoof out and rested it on the side of the bed. ''I trust you.''

''Don't look if you don't wanna, Rainbow.''

''O-Okay...'' I turned my head away, squeezing my eyes shut. ''Just make it fast...please...''

''Ready?''

''No...''

''Three...Two...One...''

A small prick was felt in my hoof, causing me to squeeze my eyes tighter. A small sound of what sounded like magical whirring was heard and a second or so later, I felt the long needle being retracted from my hoof. Thank Celestia that was over...

''You okay there?''

''Yeah...'' I said as I slowly turned my head around to face Brady's smile.

''Alright, try moving your hoof.''

I moved my injured limb, and to my amazement, I could move it normally and pain-free. It worked! My hoof was fixed!

''Oh, my...I-Its fixed...'' I stated breathlessly. ''T-Thank you.''

I hugged Brady, kissing him on the cheek.

''No problem, Rainbow.'' He smiled at me as he hugged me.

''So, you're going to fix yourself with the other one?'' I asked, looking at the other stimpack, him giving me a confirming nod.

''Yes, I am. I'm not staying in bed for a long time because I hurt. Staying in bed is for losers.'' He grinned as he took the last stimpack and injected the outer area of his stab wound with a small gasp and then slowly retracting it.
He then climbed himself to his feet, seemingly stronger than he used to be and cracked his neck as he stretched his aching muscles.

''I feel a lot better, already.'' He smirked at me. ''I guess I should get this blood cleaned off of me then. Can't walk around like I've just survived a fight with a psychopathic person such as Burke, can I?''

PreviousChapters Next