• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,967 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,967

PreviousChapters Next
Fragment Of A Memory

Run, run, just run! I thought to myself, If I stop now, I'll get caught!

The halls of the Vault seemed tighter and narrower around me, making me feel so claustrophobic I could have a heart attack. Screams billowed out around me, echoing in my mind as the chaos went underway, fires licking the walls, some inhabitants being engulfed in the white-hot blaze, screaming louder and louder as it blistered and blackened their skin. People howled like animals as they tried to get away from the growing flames, the heat being felt amongst their backs.

My god, what have I done...?

*** *** ***

I screamed as electricity shot through me, the pain throbbing in my head unbearably intense. My limbs refused to move an inch, no matter how hard I tried to move them. It felt as though I didn't have any limbs at all. What replaced them was a numbness that I don't know if I should freak out about or not. Suddenly, I felt myself being tilted upright, soon knowing why I couldn't move - I had been strapped tightly onto a metal table, the only thing covering my body were my blue undershirt and darker blue underwear.

I couldn't focus on anything for what seemed to be the longest time. My brain seemed to refuse to allow me to think or recall what had happened to make me be here. I could only tell that I was inside a circular room, the walls and floors made out of blackish metal. The lights were dim and the perimeter of the room was stocked with computers of all sizes and types. People were sat at terminals, their face and identities hidden beneath white suits with deep-red visors, various scientific equipment hooked to their barding.

Directly in front of me, the door opened, the top turning as the locking mechanism released from the latches and the doors retracting into the ceiling and floor, a figure coming into the room, followed by two others, holding plasma rifles. He looked at me for a brief moment and turned to one of the scientists in suits, from why I could tell, a female whom seemed to be in charge. (or at least, I guessed so...)

The figure approached me, soon coming into full focus. He seemed to be in his late forties or maybe fifties. His hair was grey and combed, an old, pale yellow Colonel's uniform and trench-coat, his hands behind his back as if he were an important figure.

''Welcome back to the world of the living, Brady.'' He said, his voice a tad posh but sounding as if he was from the South, ''I'm Colonel Autumn. I would like to discuss some things with you.''

''W-What do you want with me? Where am I?''

''You're at Raven Rock. Home of the Enclave's last remnants in the D.C. area.''

''Why can't I move? What have you done to me? I can't even remember anything...''

He smirked a little for some reason, ''Ah, then its working. Its nothing to worry about, I assure you. The reason you can't think is because we hooked your brain into a specialized computer, making it possible for us to read your mind and memories, as well as see them take place.''

''You what?! You hooked my brain up to a computer?!'' I would of nearly shouted that, but my throat was dry, making talking hurt after so long.

''Before you go on with accusations on it, there is quite simply a good reason why we did so. Tell me, can you remember anything at all? Lets say...Megaton? How about that?''

''M-Megaton? Yes...I think so. But that doesn't explain why I'm here! I can't remember anything!''

''But you can. You remembered Megaton. As for why you can't recall certain things, allow me to explain.'' He took a clipboard with several documents attached to it and skimmed through it.

''From what our scientists here know and could find out, you were found buried outside of Megaton. After being taken out, you appeared to have gone under the transformation known as 'ghoulification'. When you were brought out here, to Raven Rock to be experimented on as well as researched, it appeared as though the radiation within your system wasn't as bad as a feral ghoul, thus we were able to reverse the transformation process using advanced medical technology and stem cells.''

I was silent, hoping I hadn't heard all that correctly. Ghoulification? I couldn't recall going under that transformation, either...my brain and mind was pretty much wiped clean of everything. Hearing my silence, he went on.

''As we were looking over you, we found this picture.''

He detached a picture from the clipboard and presented it to me. It was of me and a pony with beautiful rainbow hair and magenta eyes, snuggling up with me, smiling with me. It looked to be taken in what I recognise as Megaton. Then I looked down to the bottom right corner of the photo, seeing my name and a name that was like a purge of memory coming back to me. Rainbow Dash

I squeezed my eyes shut, seeing moments with me and her together, watching them replay clear as day. When I reopened them, I saw Colonel Autumn smiling up at me like a mini devil. By this point I was sweating, my brain thumping against my skull.

''Rainbow Dash trusts you, correct? If you show up, she won't attack you, though she will freak out. Now then, Oscar Brady, you have a task to carry out, and I don't want you back here until you get it done. You are to seek out and capture Rainbow Dash, and once you do, bring her back here.'' He walked off back towards door, talking to the female scientist again. ''Activate Program OB-1.''

And then my brain felt as though it was on fire, and darkness filled my vision.

TO BE CONTINUED...

PreviousChapters Next