• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,967 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,967

PreviousChapters Next
Sold

I sat down in Eulogy's office on a steel chair. His office was small, with only a few decorations stuck to the wall and a small rotten, wood desk in the middle of the room where I was sat. And to say the least, the chair made my ass feel number and number by the minute as I awaited for Eulogy to arrive, most likely to just ramble on all day like an old granny scolding a young kid as she lectures him. I've not known the guy long, but I knew deep down he was just another wasteland coward; much like most of the Raiders I've encountered, and I already hated him to death.

The two guards behind me looked tougher than most guards I saw wandering around the outside area on patrol. They wore heavily rusted, bulky metal armor that covered all of their body apart from their heads, and from the looks of the suits, I don't think that any kind of pistol would even cause them to absorb damage from the projectile. Hell, I even bet a machine gun such as mine won't penetrate their armor...but one thing I noticed more than anything else is that neither carried a weapon. Instead, the older looking one with a stone-hard face and grim expression and a punk-like flat top of auburn hair seemed to have what looked to be a super sledge, and the other one that stood either side of him had shaggy, medium blonde hair that curled down behind his ears, much like Moriarty's hair in Megaton, had a low-grade sledgehammer that looked as though its user over used it more than taking care of it, judging from all the battered up metal on the hammer head and the old blood staining the wood.

After what felt like a year, Eulogy came in, his face looking more pissed off than the guy behind me with the super sledge. It made me shiver, but right now, I'm not scared, I'm very annoyed and sad that he would let that prick Pronto do such a thing to my darling Rainbow Dash.

He sat down across from me, never once taking his evil brown eyes off of my blue eyes. I could tell he could sense my emotions through them, including my sad and pissed off mind.

''First off, I've gotta say I'm a little disappointed in you, Brady.''

''Bite me, Eulogy.'' I spat at him. ''We have nothing to say to each other.''

He frowned at me. His unamused look making me feel slightly uneasy. Though I was annoyed at this point in my life, I still kind of feared the man, but what I thought more of the man than fear is how much I hated his soul. No. He didn't have a soul, nor a heart. He was just a gutless bastard.

He let out a heavy sigh and look at one of the two guards.

''Ymir. Come here.''

Great...I can see where this is going.

Ymir obeyed his boss and walked up to him with a rather large smirk on his face, Eulogy whispering something in his ear, only just audible enough for me to hear as I sat there with a hard expression on my face. When Ymir got back up, he laughed maniacally with Eulogy.

''Yeah...sure boss. I can do that.''

He said as he set his cold gaze onto mine as he walked back to the door.

''Hope your tough, kid. Because you're day is gonna get a whole lot worse...''

Worse? How could it possibly get worse? They already made my life as miserable as humanly as possible. They broke my companions hoof, the one I ever so deeply loved to death, took us and enslaved us and lastly put us through hell! The only highlight of being here was when I broke Pronto's arms. The heartless, women abuser deserved it. Hes just lucky I didn't decide to kill him with his own gun...and I would of loved to.

''Now.'' Eulogy said. ''Would you mind telling me why you thought it would be funny to brake my gun dealer's arms with a lead pipe instead of carrying out my order?''

''Why should I tell you anything? Talking to a scumbag like you is a waste of time.''

''Answer my question, Brady.'' He spat back, anger slowly brewing within him.

''No.''

''By!'' Ymir scoffed from behind me. ''He's a stubborn one, ain't he!''

''Shut it.'' Eulogy scowled Ymir, Ymir instantly falling silent, yet giving him an annoyed look.

''I'll say it one more time, and one more time only. Now, why did you break Pronto's arms? And there better be a good reason.''

''He hurt Rainbow Dash. Happy?'' I said slowly, my anger levels rising within my soul.

''He hurt Rainbow Dash, huh?'' He grimaced. ''How so?''

''Broke her hoof with the same lead pipe I broke his with because she got in trouble for just looking at me.''

Everyone laughed at me. God, I hated them so fucking much...I just wish I could grab Ymir's super sledge and hammer Eulogy's head in multiple pieces. The world we now live in will be better off without scumbags like him. After a few moments of their laughter going silent, Eulogy looked back at me.

''Oh, my god, Brady!'' He grinned. ''Who cares about that? She's a slave!''

''She is not a slave. She is the most loyal pony I've ever met, and that's more than anyone can say about you and your murderous buddies!'' I snapped back at him, my rage nearly exploding.

They all fell silent, well apart from Ymir who was snickering behind my back.

''And what are you laughing at, punk?'' I turned around to face him, my eyes full of hate.

''You think the life you have chosen is the right one? You think being around a bunch of murderers is fun and makes you feel safe? Jesus, you are just like a Raider; Heartless, possibly a junkie, you care about yourself and all you do is roam around like your the king of the wastes.''

He stared at me, and I could sense the rage about to burst from his body...

Ymir pounded me in the chest, knocked me to the floor and kicked me multiple times in the stomach, making me gag and cough at his powerful kicks. As I coughed, small pockets of blood spat from my mouth, that awful copper-like taste filling my mouth.

''Enough!'' Eulogy commanded. ''You've had your fun, Ymir. Now, get him back on the chair, would you?''

''With pleasure, boss.''

He dragged me to my feet, slamming me in the chair with a loud metallic thud.

''Now then, Brady.'' He began. ''The only reason I'm not punishing you for your actions is because earlier today, I got a contact from a man who is quite wealthy and he says he wants to buy a slave, and once I told him about you and your companion, he chose one of you to become his slave. Sound good?''

''Urgh...anything is better than being your slave, you bastard...'' I said through gritted teeth.

Immediately, Eulogy slapped me directly across my cheek, marking his hand print in bright red.

''Mind your attitude, young boy, or maybe I'll just keep you so I can kill you myself so this guy doesn't have to put up with your behavior.''


In the afternoon of that day, Eulogy sent me to the front gate with some of his guards, one being Ymir to wait for the person to arrive. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, but there was one thing that did cross my mind: What about Rainbow?
I can't just leave here without her! I'm all she has in this world! If I left her here alone without me, who knows what these cruel, black hearted slavers would do to her? She'd be so vulnerable, so weak...Ugh...I don't even want to think about it....

After about a half hour of waiting, he finally arrived, escorted by two men in khaki security armor and armed with assault rifles.
The man was rather old to be a slaver. He wore a red silk jacket with white suit trousers and his boots were of a high quality leather, quite obviously he was the guy who asked about me.

I already didn't like the look of this guy...

''Pleased to see you, Mister Tenpenny.'' A guard called Forty greeted the man.

Tenpenny...why did that name sound familiar? I could of sworn I heard that name somewhere before....

''Hello, Forty. So, is this Brady?'' He motioned over to me. His voice sounded more cheery than most voices I heard out in the wasteland, and clear enough, he was doing alright for himself if he could afford such an attire to wear.

''Yes it is, sir.''

''Marvelous! Where's Eulogy Jones? I need to speak to him.''

''Hang on, sir, I'll contact him.''

Forty walked to a nearby intercom that was connected to Eulogy's house and rang the buzzer, waiting for a response.

''Everything going alright down there, Forty?'' Eulogy asked from the over side.

''Yes, Mister Eulogy. Mister Tenpenny's here and he was wondering if he can have a word with you.''

''Why, most certainly. Tell him I'll be there soon.''

''Will do.''

He turned to face Mister Tenpenny again.

''He said he'll be along soon.''

''What?'' I said, confused at why Mister Tenpenny was looking at me the way he was.

''Nothing, dear lad. I just think you look like someone I know...as in very familiar.''

''How am I familiar? We've never even met before.''

''Well, boyo, if I recall correctly, I heard of a boy - a teenager - whom left a vault in this area about a year ago. Now does it sound familiar?''

''Kind of.'' I lied.

That was the last thing I ever wanted...a rich guy with I don't know how many connections knowing about my past. If it happens, I'm dead...

My thoughts were ended when Eulogy came to the scene, looking surprisingly happy to see Tenpenny was here with his two guards.

''Ah, Mister Tenpenny, my favourite client!' Eulogy greeted as he shook his hand.

''Good to see you again, Eulogy. How's business?''

''Pretty good, sir. Pretty good indeed.''

''Good to hear.''

He looked at me and back a Mister Tenpenny.

''So, have you two gotten acquainted yet?''

''Oh, yes, of course! He seems to be an okay lad for his age! Something better than what I was expecting, if I may say so.''

''Mister Tenpenny, I believe you wanted to talk about something?'' Eulogy changed the subject.

''Why, yes. Come with me.''

Tenpenny and Eulogy walked together a few meters away from me and the guards, having a small conversation with each other, most likely another ''discussion'' about business. And I couldn't help but hear Rainbow's name being mentioned in the conversation. That's when a few horrible thoughts filled my head...just what would they want with her? She's done nothing to anyone!

Moments later, after a brief discussion, they both came back to us, but this time, Tenpenny wasn't going to talk to Eulogy, he was going to talk to me....

''Brady?''

''Tenpenny?''

''Did you come here with a pretty cyan pony called Rainbow Dash by any chance?''

''Yeah. Whats she to you?''

''Whoa, simmer down, boy. All I wanna do is ask you something.''

''Fine. What?''

''Mister Eulogy says that you had a strong bond with this pony. If it is true, I can't leave her behind. It would be wrong of me to have this happen to such love like yours. I also hear that you saved each others lives quite a few times?''

''Yes, we did. I found her as a hostage by Raiders in Springvale school. I rescued her and have known her for a year.''

''Righto.'' He turned to Eulogy. ''Mister Eulogy? How much for him and the pony?''

''Rainbow? Do you know that she has a broken hoof? Are you sure you wanna buy her in her current state? She may not be up to your standards...''

''Ah, nonsense, sir! Of course she'll be fine! Now, how much?''

Eulogy tapped his chin a few times, thinking of a sum for Dashie, and by that look, I'm guessing a high price...

''10,000 caps.''

''Done.''

Tenpenny handed Eulogy a bag of caps, and he ordered Forty to go fetch Rainbow from where ever she was.

''Hope she's worth your while, Tenpenny. Until next time.''

''Be seeing you, Eulogy.'' Tenpenny waved to Eulogy as he walked back to his house.

I turned, looking Tenpenny in the eye.

''How come you want Rainbow and me? Some guy like you, I thought you'd buy a Mister Handy or something.''

''Oh, heavens, no! I have a soft spot in my heart for slaves and such. Its my pleasure, Brady.''

''Thank you, Mister Tenpenny.''

PreviousChapters Next