• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,967 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,967

PreviousChapters Next
Awakening

Author's Note:

HERE IT IS! SHORTEST CHAPTER AND AWAKENING! OMG! ENJOY! FUCK! I FINISHED THIS AT 3:05 AND I NEED SOME DAMN SLEEP! NIGHT Y'ALL!

In the clinic of Tenpenny Tower, I still sit here with Brady, peacefully sleeping with my cheek against his as I hold to his warm body.
I've stayed with him all night, and over that period of not moving away from him, I found that the treatment is working greatly on him. He should be fine now! But the part I wanna know is when will he wake up? He's been like this for two days and barely shown signs of life other than a warmer temperature than when he was brought back here by Gustavo.

I nuzzled him close, slowly starting to wake myself up and kissed him lovingly on the cheek. I looked over to the heart monitor and saw that it was reading his BPS normally, showing that he was in a normal condition. When I looked down at his eyes, I could swear I saw them weakly open very little and close, his fingers twitching as he did so. At first, I didn't know what to think, but it was more what I was feeling, and that feeling was joy! He was finally waking up! I couldn't believe it!

I soon found myself cuddling back up to him, wrapping my hooves around the back of his head and rubbing my cheek against his.
In a brief moment, I felt a very weak feeling of Brady's fingers rubbing the back of my head, gently going up and down my mane in a somewhat comforting motion. Tears of joy escaped my eyes as his body ever so slowly began to awake after his long time of sleeping silently and lifelessly. Slowly and carefully, he raised his other arm shakily, and wrapped it around my waist, causing me to blush at his touch. His eyes slowly opened, fluttering at first and displayed his temporarily pale blue eyes that seemed just as lifeless as he was at this point. A small, weak smile formed onto his lips as he looked up into my eyes.

''H-H-H-Hey, Da-a-a-shie...'' He croaked weakly, his voice sounding like he had a desert down there because he had barely had a thing to drink for a couple days.

''Welcome back to the world of the living, Brady.'' I greeted him back into reality, him seeming quite happy to hear my voice. ''We thought we'd lost you.''

''D-Don't wor-ry about m-me, Dash. I-I'm alright.'' He smiled wider, pulling me closer.

''Come here, you.'' I leaned right down, locking lips with him. It was a long, passionate kiss. The kind that expressed how I truly felt about him, and Celestia, where they all true, positive feelings! After our close moment together, I broke from the loving and inviting kiss, looking him directly in the eyes with a blush and my regular, sweet smile.

''How long was I out? Or...dead?''

''About a couple days. When I heard, I never left your side. I just didn't ever want to leave you, no matter what. I've been here the whole time you were gone.'' I told him, lifting up his weak arm, letting his hand brush my soft, cyan cheek.

''You stayed here...with me?'' He asked, in awe.

My response was a nod. I let his arm go, gently putting it back down and wrapping my hooves around his head as I cuddled him close like a teddy bear. I rubbed my cheek into his curly, golden hair, enjoying the silky, pillow-soft feeling that it had against me. It kind of reminded me of being back in my mansion, snoozing on a cloud like I usually did. But out of all his features, I think his hair is the one I loved the most, probably because of what it felt like.

''I'm just glad to have you back...you scared me to death, Brady.'' I silently cried as I still cuddled against him.

''I told you I was never gonna leave you.'' He chuckled softly, coughing afterwards.

''Brady. You were bleeding pretty heavily. Look on the floor and down your side and you'll see what I mean.''

He looked down, seeing the dried, dark red blood staining the bandages around his chest and the table he was on, including the floor that had more blood than the others spread across it.

''Whoa...how am I even still alive? What happened? I thought Burke actually killed me!''

''A guard called Gustavo brought you back. And well...he gave me your body armor. I saw the blood, Brady. It was horrible! Just from seeing it, I thought you'd be dead minutes from then! I also found this.''

I pulled a picture out from under my wing, unfolding it so Brady could see it and like I thought, he smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek. He pulled his arm out, touching my cheek. I held his arm with my hoof, supporting it due to his still, weakened state. He just lay there and smiled at me, me returning the smile as I snuggled his arm.

''Love you, Brady. Forever will and never won't.''

''I love you too, Rainbow. Forever will and never will not love you.''

PreviousChapters Next