• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,968 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,968

PreviousChapters Next
Megaton And A Rainbow-Licious Wake Up

Author's Note:

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW: This chapter was done for fun, as I really wanted something like this to happen, and it is a change for you readers to have a bit of a laugh.

SHORT CHAPTER! No, not really, its a VERY VERY VERY SHORT CHAPTER! I wanted something a little different, so I just wrote this 'special' chapter for you to enjoy.

Tell me what you think! First (second?) time I've ever wrote RD flying and doing a sonic rainboom!

Early morning came over the town of Megaton, and already awake, Rainbow was flying above the town, doing her daily exercises without a care in the world. She was practicing flips, spins and even her own speed record. She flew fast through the air, gaining altitude to try and fly fast as she could towards the ground before she pulled herself up again. She hadn't flown for quite a while, so her wings did feel quite more stiff than usual, so she saw this as a good a time as any if she were to get back used to flying in the skies again. She flew up, gaining an altitude to where she could just barely see Megaton below her, and with a forceful flap of her wings, she blasted downwards, going faster and faster to the point where her wings burned, but quite simply, she ignored the burn that told her to stop and pressed on. Now her wings were burning fiercely with adrenaline, the wind pushing on her wings making it harder for her to flap them. However this wasn't really a problem for Rainbow Dash, seeing as she was a very experienced flyer. As she neared to the ground, the winds force made her skin around her face push upwards, making it painful as she gained greater speed. Soon enough, a faint, glowing cone formed around Rainbow, and she knew exactly what it was. Her eyes stung against the wind as she pushed herself harder and harder against the power of the wind, but the adrenaline withing her veins made her continue to where the cone around her started sparking and crackling, showing signs of rainbows in her wake. Eventually, after gaining speed, she had broken the sound barrier.

Rainbow Dash had created a sonic rainboom. From the blast, a thick, beautiful circle of rainbow color spread throughout the sky, the noise loud enough it could be heard more than 30 or so miles away. From the force it created, she had gained an insane speed and was nearing the ground. She was just mere inches away from the ground when she pulled herself up, and she even noticed that most -or all - residents of Megaton had woken up from the noise and were watching her, astonished at what they were seeing. And Moira could even be seen, just as well as Moriarty, Gob and Gustavo who all stood together on the balcony just outside the bar.

Coming back around, Rainbow landed just outside of Craterside Supply, skidding forcefully against the metal floor beneath her, scratching her hooves quite a bit as she halted to a stop, folding her wings back by her sides. In front of her, Moira stood, her mouth agape.

''What?'' Rainbow asked with a cocky smirk.

''Rainbow...t-t-that was a-amazing!''

''Of course it was!'' Rainbow chuckled. ''I'm awesome!''

''That was more than awesome, Rainbow! That was...''

''20% cooler than anything you've ever seen?'' Rainbow interjected, smiling widely.

''No, it was bedazzling!''

PreviousChapters Next