• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,972 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,972

PreviousChapters Next
Days Gone By

Author's Note:

Story is coming to a close soon! Showdown is underway! WARNING: Gore Galore, heartbreak/heartache and trust and friendship comes in shortly! Be prepared for the emotions that will come swimming your way!

===============================
BurningMockingJay (FireRain/RainFire)

It felt truly wonderful to be with Rainbow again. I know she may not fully trust me and put the past behind her for good, especially after all the things that have happened between us, intended or not. At least the love stayed, more or less. Right now, she lays in my arms, sleeping at my side, an adorable smile upon her lips. At least she was comfortable. That's more than I can say about myself.

I may be glad to know she's safe and unharmed, if only a little mentally unstable, but for some reason I can't help but feel uneasy around her. It's the first time I've ever felt this way around her. Was it because of what she thought of me? How much I've damaged her mental stability? What Billy said to me, about Rainbow getting fragile and more jumpy after my death, I fear it may be true. I don't know what has happened to her in the time I wasn't around for, but it sure as hell doesn't seem to be just me that has affected her.

Those questions could wait, though. Right now, I just wanted to be with her. I didn't want to let her go, and I'd do anything for her to make up for anything I may of done. I just want her to be happy and to forgive me. I wanted her to know just how much I really did love her.

*** *** ***

''Ainsley!'' Colonel Autumn yelled rather angrily at the lieutenant whom just stared back at him with eyes full of fear. ''Just look at this!'' The Colonel shoved a clipboard into his face, hitting him in the nose in the process. Ainsley cringed at the pain but then skimmed through the writing on the clipboard. ''Well?!''

The data on the clipboard was all negative for the capture of the Rainbow pony, with high casualties. Ainsley cringed a little at the stare of the Colonel. He looked anywhere but at his eyes, trying to avoid their sword-like emotion. Before Ainsley even ordered the operation, he didn't think it would succeed. What they did to Brady has never been done before in all the world's history and there was barely much chance of it working at one hundred percent efficiency. He knew the consequences.

''I-I'm sorry Colonel, but we couldn't determine the outcome of the mind-control chip we installed to Brady's brain. I-''

''Don't give me 'sorry', Ainsley!'' Colonel Autumn yelled into his face, making him cower back in fright. ''Either you have your men capture this creature or I'll have you executed for incompetence to reach expectations! Two of my personal guards have died trying to acquire the specimen and Brady managed to break free of the mind control device we had inserted into his brain! Put things right or so help me, you'll be buried six feet under!''

Saying nothing more, Colonel Autumn stormed out of the office, the door clicking loudly as the door sealed itself in place, leaving the lieutenant alone in the dimness of the room. He could only stand there, feeling disappointed and threatened. He knew the Enclave wouldn't tolerate failure, and this was the first time that such an operation has gone underway. Even though risks were high that it wouldn't be completely successful, he had it done anyway. It boggled his mind as to how Brady could of gotten out of the control of the chip, but Ainsley was determined to find out, even if it cost him his job as a scientist.

PreviousChapters Next