• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,972 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,972

PreviousChapters Next
Alone Time and Feelings

Author's Note:

Well here it is: I just finished it at 19:11 and worked on it for like 4-5 hours figuring out what I could do with the storyline of this story.

May be shorter and not as creative or adventuress as the other chapters but is still, at least it is a chapter.

This chapter was mainly intended for the bond between Brady and Rainbow Dash, expressing their feelings and what they mean to each other.

Hope you enjoy/ed it.

''Thanks again, Mister Tenpenny! I can't thank you enough for your generosity.'' I thanked Mister Tenpenny, still thankful that he released me and Rainbow from those horrible slavers back at Paradise Falls.

''It was my pleasure, dear boy. But I should tell you, I didn't buy you two to be slaves. I have no use for slaves.''

That sentence caught me off guard. What could he mean by that? Did he mean he was one of those guys who takes a slave and ends their misery by killing them? Did he mean he was gonna let us both go?

''What do you mean by that?'' I asked almost cautiously, Rainbow's face in the same expression.

''Well, Brady. What I meant was I bought you both because...well, look at you two. You love each other.'' He pointed at Rainbow then at me. Me and Rainbow confusedly looked at each other, smiling slightly at her beautiful appearance. ''I don't just buy one slave if he or she has love in their life.''

''You still didn't say why you bought us, sir...''

''Oh, right. Better get this over with....'' He cleared his throat, coughing a little and turned around towards Tenpenny Tower. From the outside, it was pretty tall and in better condition I seen most buildings are in around here. A few guards stood at their posts outside where they were, guarding the front gate. Once we got inside, lead by Mister Tenpenny, that's when me and Rainbow were amazed.
The lobby of the tower was neatly decorated, way beyond what I was expecting. A giant chandelier hung from the ceiling, its lights glowing bright, illuminating the entire midsection of the lobby. Pretty quartz-white pillars held up the large balconies on the left and right sides of the room, in the middle was a desk, a corridor behind it that lead to the suites of the tower. But above all, it was civilized. On the way, pretty much everybody in the room all seemed to be staring at Rainbow, looking as if they were dreaming. Like she was from some child's bedtime story. They exchanged shocked expressions, some whispering quietly to each other about her.

I looked at Rainbow, who's mouth was agape, taking in the beautiful scenery around her. Admittingly, I was, too.

Mister Tenpenny walked on, motioning for us to follow his foot steps. He walked by the desk and toward the elevator at the back of the small corridor, me and Rainbow following slowly behind, due to her hurting leg.

''Rainbow? Hows that leg?''

''It hurts...I want it to stop.'' She said dully, looking me in the eye, me noticing a small tear at the edge of her eye.

''What's wrong?'' I asked concernedly.

''Its just...what you did to that guy in the gun shop...I thought Eulogy was going to kill you.'' She sobbed quietly, almost at a whisper. ''I thought I'd never see you again, Brady...''

''Hey, hey. Its okay, now.'' I calmed her as best I could. ''I'm not going to die. By your side I am, by your side I'll stay. I promise.'' I assured her, hugging her close, being careful not to catch her injured hoof. She sobbed quietly into my shoulder as I lovingly caressed her rainbow mane, enjoying the soft feeling of it as I rubbed it up and down.


When we got upstairs, Tenpenny took us into his suite, where he then took us outside to the balcony. There he offered me a seat, but I let Rainbow take it. She needed to rest her hoof in the meantime. She looked at me as I placed a hand on her back, gently stroking her silky, cyan fur. Mister Tenpenny sat across from us, both of us meeting his gaze, waiting for him to speak.

''Right. Now we are alone, there are some things we need to discuss.'' Tenpenny said, in a more serious tone than he had before.

''We're listening.'' I said, waiting for what he had to say.

''Good. First thing is first, Brady. Do you recall when I said you look familiar? Back at Paradise Falls?''

''Y-Yeah?'' I asked shakily.

''I remember a while back - 4 months ago - if I remember correctly about a young boy leaving a vault. I assume that young man is you?''

I nodded at Mister Tenpenny, confirming his question.

''Okay then. All I need is one thing from you, Brady. And if you comply, you're free to go. Are we at an understanding?''

''That all depends, sir. I'm not a murderer-for-hire.''

''No. I'm not asking you to murder somebody, but more to reason with someone. Only if it becomes necessary, are you required to kill him. You'll find him in Megaton in Moriarty's Saloon. His name is Mister Burke. He used to work for me, but one day, about a couple weeks ago, he turned against my head of security and took a bundle of my money. Now, we're talking big money, here. What he took needs to be reclaimed!''

''Mister Burke? No, never met the guy. If I saw him, how exactly would I identify him? Any specific details?''

''Ah, yes. You'll know when you see him. He would definitely stick out among the people living there, so you will or hopefully will find it easy to locate him.''

I turned to Rainbow, meeting her gaze. She truly was a beautiful, young mare. She smiled weakly at me, gripping my hand with her hoof, me clenching around her hoof softly as I caressed it lovingly with my thumb.

''You're not going to do it are you? I mean...kill him?'' Her tone sounded sad. God, I hated seeing her sad like this...

''I dunno, Rainbow. I guess, if he tries to get me first, I'll get him, so there's a 50/50 chance there.''

''I wanna go with you.''

''No, Rainbow.'' I placed my free hand to her shoulder, staring directly into her magenta eyes. ''You stay here. You need to rest that hoof. I don't want you getting anymore hurt than you already are...I won't be long, don't worry about me.''

I smiled at her, but she didn't smile back, instead a tear shed from her eye and she surprisingly clung around my chest, pulling herself as close to me as she could, taking the wind out of me.

''Dashie...y-your crushing m-me...''

But she didn't let go. She just clung to me and sobbed as she buried her head into my chest.

''Dash....''

''Sorry, Brady...I just love you too much. I don't wanna lose you. Ever.'' She weeped.

''I love you too, Dash. But, you gotta listen to me. You are the most important thing in my entire life right now. If I lose you, I'd die.''


Later than night, Mister Tenpenny set us up with a suite while we stay at his tower, and honestly, I think it was just a little better than my Megaton house. The only thing it has missing is Dogmeat. The last time I saw the poor animal, we were being taken captive by slavers just outside Paradise Falls. I wonder where he got to?

Me and Rainbow Dash laid together in the same bed. I lay facing away from her and she was facing my back, clinging around my chest with her hooves. And from what I could tell, it sounded like she was asleep. Her breathing was slow and quiet, almost like a baby in a deep sleep. I don't know why, but whenever Rainbow held onto me like she was doing, I felt...warm inside. I have never felt like this before. I have never ever experienced it.

C'mon, Rainbow Dash, you gotta hold it together! He saved your life, you've known him for at least a year, and we both knew it was gonna happen. You fell in love. You don't wanna lose him. I know you got feelings for him and he has them for you, but maybe it would be best to tell him before anything happens to him...or to you. Look what its doing to you. You are starting to break because you can't bring yourself to say it. The Rainbow Dash you once were wouldn't hesitate, and I know for sure you wouldn't, you just can't find it in yourself, but you need to. Just say it.

''Brady? Are you asleep yet?'' Rainbow asked me softly as she still clung onto me.

''No. Something wrong, Rainbow? You sound a little troubled...''

I held her hoof with a caring hand, still facing away.

''I...uh...I-I dunno. I just...don't feel like me anymore. I feel like I'm slowly being eaten away by something.''

At that statement, my worry level seemed to immediately raise. I turned around, now facing Rainbow, my face just millimeters apart from her muzzle.

''Rainbow? What's wrong?''

Tell him how you feel, Rainbow. You'll feel better once you do.

She let out a heavy sigh, looking me dead in the eyes. She drew closer to me, wrapping her hooves behind my back and kissed me lovingly on the lips. When she broke away from the kiss, she hugged me close and nuzzled my cheek.

''I love you, Brady.'' Is all she said.

The way she said it made my heart feel warmer inside, but the way she said made it clear enough that she was hurting inside, but from what, I don't know. I hugged her back, kissing her on her lips and looked her in the eyes.

''Do you wanna talk about it, Rainbow?''

''About what?''

''You said you don't feel like you anymore? C'mon, Dashie, I know that look. What is it?''

''Its nothing, really.''

She tried to reassure me, but I could see that something was up. Something she didn't want to tell me.

''Well, alright, Dash. If you say so.''

''Would you snuggle with me?'' She asked shyly with a blush spread across her cheeks.

''Sure, Rainbow.''

I myself at this point was blushing and wasted no time in snuggling up to Dash, holding her close with one hand around her body and one behind her head, caressing her mane with my hand.

''Goodnight, Brady.''

''Goodnight, Dashie.''

PreviousChapters Next