• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 3,972 Views, 111 Comments

A Pony In The Wasteland - Ribe_FireRain



Once I lived in a vault - Vault 26, but I ran away to the Wasteland to find adventure and fortune, and instead I met a sweet, cyan mare who ended up changing who I was. Even though I haven't met her long, I already like her and hope that she sta

  • ...
21
 111
 3,972

PreviousChapters Next
A Supply Run - Part 2

Author's Note:

Say a damn thing to me about this one in how bad it is, why don't you just fuck off? I'm really not in any mood to deal with that kinda stuff. Its stressful enough writing this kind of stuff as it is making it enjoyable for the reader.

Hmm. I need to go to bed...I'm so tired and exams are this week...God, I hate Mondays...

PS: The reason it is so short, is because I really couldn't be bothered with this one. Any problem with that, I don't wanna hear it.

With the supplies taken from Super-Duper-Mart and taken back to Megaton, the group had set off once again to find more salvage, Moira staying behind to supposedly do something with the quantum she had taken, the whole lot of the group knowing what she makes when they get back would be disastrous. It was late-morning and before Lucas let the group go out, he told them to go and check for the other group sent near their way. He said they were headed for Grayditch, and Rainbow knew exactly where that was. She remembers seeing them on the way there. And so, they set off for Grayditch. The trip was only a short while longer than the one to Super-Duper-Mart, so they knew what to expect around that area of the land.

About a half mile before reaching their destination, a small figure came running towards them. When he came close enough that they could identify him, they saw it was a young boy. He was quite skinny, his ribcage visible. He wore a white tank top with worn out denim overalls, and strapped to his feet were some makeshift sandals, once being a car tire. He face was pale and white with shock, cold bullets of sweat running down his forehead.

''H-H-Help! T-Those things! They're g-g-gonna get m-me!'' He shrieked, his voice dry and shaky.

''Slow down there, kid. Now, whats wrong? Whats trying to get you?'' Billy said in a calm voice.

''Them...things...''

''What things?'' Gustavo inquired, raising a brow.

''A-Ants!''

''Ants?'' Rainbow said, brow raised. ''An ant wants to kill you?''

''Yeah! They're so massive and scary...I don't wanna go near them!''

''Look, just calm down. Are you from Grayditch?''

''Y-Yeah...''

''It'll be alright. We'll go and see what we can do. We need to head there, anyway.'' Rainbow said, seeing the boys fright. ''So, do you have someplace you can go?''

''Um...no, I don't. Even if I did, it would be pointless. They'd find me one way or another.''

''They won't. Why don't you just head towards Megaton? Its like a mile and a half that way.'' Rainbow pointed a hoof behind her. ''We'll come back for you when we are done with what we need to do.''

Nodding, the kid ran off towards where Rainbow had pointed. Billy and Andy exchanged glances at each other, looking between where Rainbow was and where the young boy had ran off.

''Rainbow? Are you sure that was a good idea?'' Andy asked, a serious glare in his eyes.

''I couldn't just let him stay there all alone...what was I supposed to do? Let him die?''

''You could of just let us deal with it.'' Andy replied, annoyance in his voice.

''I know that.'' Rainbow said as she rolled her eyes at him. ''Also, why don't you take it down a notch? We've got plenty of work to do.''

''Yeah, because that atomic blast thingy you did destroyed the town and The Brass Lantern. Because of that, we are out here collecting supplies and salvage to rebuild everything.''

''You know what? If you're gonna be like that, why don't you just not talk to me?'' Rainbow shot him a daring glare, him returning his own.

''Guys!'' Gustavo yelled at the two. ''Would you stop? Christ, we need to get on with our job, and the more we stand here yapping about who-shoulda-done-what, the more time we are gonna have to spend doing our job! Now would you both shut it and get a move on?!''


In Grayditch, the group was greeted by destroyed and knocked down buildings, an acrid and thick scent of smoke and gasoline filled the air as they cautiously crept deeper into the broken town. Fires were crackling and snapping all around, even the houses were charred black and burning. Blood painted the streets, patches of it on the road, walls and glass of some structures.
Already, Rainbow could feel the true horror she saw in the boy's face. She readied her sword, now being fully alert of her surroundings. Stockholm went ahead of the others, scouting for any near threats, and just as he pulled out his hunting rifle, a huge ant blew fire at his face just before he got around the corner, scorching his face. He screamed in agony as the ant blew another breath of flame, this time, fully igniting his figure. He ran around screaming as his flesh crisped and burned until it was black, him falling to the ground and writhing around, trying to put out the flames but died in a matter of seconds from the intense pain.

''Fire ant!'' Gustavo yelled, aiming his assault rifle at it, firing away.

Being an ant, its skin was quite soft and very easily damaged, so Gustavo fired until he had shot it in the head, knocking it down to the floor in a splatter of thick, pale green blood.

Staring at the fire ant, Rainbow Dash cringed. She may of been known for being tough and a daredevil, but she sure as hell hated those kind of creatures. Especially if they were an even bigger, mutated, fire-breathing ant. At the moment of seeing it attack Stockholm, fear got the better of her, and she knew that getting close to one of those things with the sword she held in her hooves was like walking to your own funeral. That in mind, she put her sword back in its sheathe and pulled out her 10mm pistol.


They just kept coming and coming. Ant after ant, death after death. It was a living nightmare to say the least. Stockholm had died, and the last few members of the group were starting to get cornered heavily, making a possible way out inevitable. Rainbow wasn't much use with a pistol, but to her surprise, she did manage to kill a couple ants. Gustavo and Andy both had a few bruises and cuts covering their arms and torso, but mostly Andy was the one who was more hurt than Gustavo. Obvious enough, Gustavo was a much better fighter than Andy, and visible enough, he was scared of the situation.

Just at that moment, an ant blew flames at Andy, scorching his arm, causing him to scream in intense pain. He dropped his rifle and immediately clung onto his burnt arm, his skin blackened and charred. The next thing he did was grab his rifle and run off from the town, leaving Billy, Gustavo and Rainbow to fend for themselves.

''Andy! Get back here, now! We need to stick together!'' Billy yelled after him, but he did not hear him. He had already ran off into the distance and disappeared from their view. ''Coward!''

''Billy! Move!'' Rainbow yelled to Billy, making him turn immediately, only to see a giant fire ant jump at him, but seconds before it managed to pin him to the floor, Rainbow had shot it through the head with her 10mm pistol. Billy turned to face Rainbow, giving her a quick nod of thanks before he carried on fighting.

Even though Rainbow Dash was a tough pony, even she was finding it hard to keep herself from being killed by a giant ant, and mere seconds before she could shoot at it to protect herself from the stream of flames coming from its mouth, it swiped at her with one of its massive legs, knocking her into the wall of a collapsed building, and the last thing she saw was before blackness took her vision over was a small trickle of blood pouring onto the floor and creating a small puddle beneath her.

PreviousChapters Next