• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 393 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 393

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty Nine


Sunset


“Damn it!” I fumed and kicked the wall of branches. Gloriosa had freaking trapped us in a cave, the little psychopath. Or well, the corrupted magic version is. Normal Gloriosa is nice. “Twilight, use your magic or something!”

“I can’t! What if she returns?” Twilight asked worriedly and I growled.

“Our friends are in there!” I snapped and flung an arm behind me as I vaguely recognized I ponied up. “Derpy, Trixie, Rainbow and Pinkie to name a few. Are you seriously willing to let them be trapped in there?”

“It’s too risky!” Twilight shot back and I sighed.

“Sunset!”

I glanced up and stepped back slightly. Raindrops, Snips and Snails, Cloudkicker, mom and my sisters were running toward me with confused expressions.

“We volunteered to go look for you,” Cloudkicker panted as she placed a hand on her knee. “Things are going crazy it seems.”

“Why?” Silver Spoon asked as she nervously traced a finger on the root.

“It’s Gloriosa. She’s gone off the deep end with her magic she found in the forest. Sea Swirl was right about something from Equestria ending up here,” I explained as Snails rubbed his chin. “What are you two doing here?”

“Snips and my brother here were filling up water balloons to throw at me, Kicker and a few others,” Raindrops frowned as she glared at Snails.

“And Rarity! That would have been hilarious. She always has the best overreactions,” Snips sighed and kicked a twig.

“I’ll deal with that later because you’re both right actually,” I shook my head. “Twilight, Midnight Sparkle isn’t you. You’re Twilight and you got this. We have to get in there.”

“Absolutely not!” Mom announced and grabbed my arm. “You aren’t going in there. Everytime you deal with something Equestrian, you get hurt and it’s not happening again. You’re staying right here.”

“Twilight and I are the only ones with magic, remember?” I shot back. “Do we really want to leave everyone trapped in there?” Mom may have her own element but she hasn’t gained any new magic to my knowledge.

“Send Twilight then. You are staying. Let someone else take the risk for once,” Mom grumbled and started pulling me away.

“Let me go!” I shouted and tried to dig my boots into the dirt.

“Let her go,” Silver Spoon said quietly and got between us. “She has to do this. She’s made up her mind.”

Mom paused and looked at the two of us before the branches as a silver glow surrounded Silver Spoon and her ears became pointy as her hair grew longer.

“You better come back,” Mom warned and narrowed her eyes as she let me. “Go. Save the world, my hero. But we aren’t done talking about this!”

Probably the best deal I was going to get. Twilight nodded as she ripped the wall apart with her magic and I grabbed two water balloons.

“I’m borrowing these,” I said as I stepped to the hole.

“Just return em after!” Snips shouted. “We need all the balloons we can get. We didn’t bring many.” I rolled my eyes but nodded.

“Get to somewhere safe. I don’t know what’s about to happen,” I warned as Raindrops pulled Snails and the others back behind a tree. I guess that worked too.

Twilight and I jumped through as the brambles rebuilt themselves and I took the scene in with wide eyes. I only saw Rainbow and the others. No Lyra, no Derpy or Octavia.

“Gloriosa stop!” Timber shouted as he swung an axe.

“That’s not your sister,” I said coldly as I stepped next to him. “She’s been taken over by Equestrian magic.”

“By what?”

“No time to explain!” Twilight snapped to my amazement. Gotta admit, never thought I’d see Twilight yell. Then again, I never expected Princess Twilight to scream, curse and slap Rarity when the Rainbooms betrayed me.

“Hey Pinkie!” I shouted as the others turned and stared. “Catch!” I threw the water balloon and Rainbow jumped up to catch it before handing it to Pinkie.

“What do I do with it?” Pinkie demanded as she ducked under a vine.

“Throw it!

“At who?”

“Her!” I shouted and jerked my head to Gloriosa. I don’t know if this will actually work or not. Pinkie might only be able to weaponize baked goods but it’s worth a shot.

Pinkie nodded and threw the balloon. We watched it arc through the air and slam into Gloriosa’s chest, slamming her into the ground. I jogged forward and placed a boot on her chest.

“Don’t move,” I warned her. “I’m not trying to hurt you. I want to help you. We all do.” Gloriosa growled and I gave her a confused look as she yanked my legs out from under me with her hand and floated in the sky.

“Well that didn’t work,” I said sheepishly. “Shit.” A gem igloo formed around us as did a bunch of branches.

“Normally I’d chastise you for cursing but I do believe that is an appropriate reaction darling.”

“You’re damn right it is!” Rainbow shouted as cracks started forming in the gems exterior.

“I can’t hold it much longer!” Rarity exclaimed as sweat dripped off her chin and fell backwards as Applejack caught her.

“Use your magic!” I grabbed Twilight and gave her my best puppy dog eyes. Derpy and my sisters had that skill down pat, hopefully I looked somewhat similar.

“I’m nervous!” Twilight grumbled as Rainbow shot a look at her.

“We’re not the only ones here who are trapped!” Rainbow growled as she and Pinkie stepped back. “Don’t be a coward. I know you’re gonna say I’m being mean but you need a kick in the ass like my parents gave me. Now use your magic and prove to them you aren’t Midnight Sparkle! Prove it to yourself!”

“Okay,” Twilight nodded after a moment. Rainbow may have unconventional methods but damn do they work. The brambles exploded as Twilight glowed a bright purple and I patted her shoulder.

“You got this!”

“We got this together,” Pinkie added. “It’s the Festival of Frie- oh sorry, that song doesn’t happen till technically a few years from now.”

“Kick Midnights ass,” Rainbow called out as she and the others ponied up.

“Language!”

“Seriously? Sunset can say shit but I can’t say ass?”

I tuned them out as the geodes on Gloriosa’s necklace broke and one landed in my palm. A large rainbow shot out of us and sent Gloriosa flying as she reverted to her normal self and my classmates stumbled out of their nature prisons.

“Sunset!” I spun around and my eyes slightly widened at Derpy and the others matching myself and the Rainbooms.

“Oh god that was trippy,” Lightning groaned as she rubbed her head. She gave a disgusted look at her dress before looking at her wings. “God this dress is ugly.”

I hastily hugged Derpy as Lavender and Trixie helped Sea Swirl up. I felt something in my palm as I released Derpy and opened it.

“I think these belong to you all,” I smiled faintly as I held up the grey geode along with a cream one among the pile. I handed them out as Bon Bon made a ooh sound. Trixie turned hers in her palm with a faint smile before pocketing it. “Wait, where is Spike?”

“Chasing a squirrel!” Spike called out as the dog ran between Sea Swirls legs.

“So what now?” Sonata asked as she brushed her hair a bit. “The camp is destroyed again.”

“Fuck my life,” Indigo groaned as I glanced at the Shadowbolts laying in a pile. “You guys are bad news magnets.”

“I know what we do,” Octavia said as she kicked a tree branch. “We rebuild.”

“Who’s in?” I smirked and held out a hand. Sea Swirl and the others placed their hands ontop of mine with nods.

“Let’s go Nerd Herd!” We shouted as Celestia started cheering.

We all slowly gave her confused looks as she blushed and shrugged.

PreviousChapters Next