• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 394 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 394

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty Seven


Trixie


“Where’s Sunset and Twilight?” Rainbow asked in frustration as she paced in front of the dock. “We gotta show off these two new songs and get peoples opinions about em!”

“Something is wrong,” Derpy mumbled worriedly. “With those two. I can feel it. They are both afraid. Sunset is mainly frustrated.”

“We’ll go look for em,” Raindrops and Cloudkicker volunteered as they jumped up. “I need to find my brother anyway. We will call you when we find em. Probably out on the lake or hiking.” Derpy gave a grateful nod as the two ran off. I’d have sent Derpy but well Cloudkicker is more athletic for hiking trails.

“They better be afraid if they don’t get here!” Rainbow grumbled under her breath. “We need them. Sunset and Twilight both have great singing voices!”

“Where is Sunny Flare and Coco?” Octavia asked curiously as she leaned against a board.

“Helping Rarity design the outfits for the fashion show,” Lavender explained as we gazed at Cheerilee, Celestia and Luna with a few classmates waiting.

“We gotta start without them,” Fuchsia said as she swung her legs back and forth. “Besides, it’s just a test. It’s not an actual concert and we don’t have our instruments except Applejack and Vinyl.”

“Alright,” Rainbow nodded and glanced outwards. “Bon Bon, Derpy, Fluttershy and Sunset have been working for a few weeks on these covers so we hope ya like em.”

“Where were you when the world stopped turnin that September day? Were you in the yard with your wife and children or workin’ on some stage in L.A.? Did you stand there in shock at the sight of that black smoke risin’ against that blue sky. Did you shout out in anger, in fear for your neighbor or did you just sit down and cry?” Octavia sang softly as Applejack played her bass. I’ll never admit this but I loved Octavia’s singing. It was very peaceful.

“Did you weep for the children, who lost their dear loved ones. Pray for the ones who don’t know? Did you rejoice for the people who walked from the rubble and sob for the ones left below?” Derpy and Fluttershy added quietly as I inhaled.

“Did you burst out with pride for the red, white, and blue and the heroes who died just doin’ what they do? Did you look up to heaven for some kind of answer and look at yourself and what really matters?” I sang as the three faculty glanced at me.

“I’m just a singer of simple songs. I’m not a real political person. I watch CNN, but I’m not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus and I talk to God and I remember this from when I was young. Faith, hope, and love are some good things he gave us and the greatest is love,” Lyra and Rainbow sang as I subtly bobbed my head.

“Where were you when the world stopped turnin that September day? Teachin’ a class full of innocent children or drivin down some cold interstate? Did you feel guilty ‘cause you’re a survivor? In a crowded room did you feel alone? Did you call up your mother and tell her you love her? Did you dust off that Bible at home?” Applejack and Lavender sang quietly as I blinked as Applejack nodded at Celestia and Luna.

“Did you open your eyes and hope it never happened? Close your eyes and not go to sleep? Did you notice the sunset for the first time in ages and speak to some stranger on the street? Did you lay down at night and think of tomorrow, go out and buy you a gun?” Vinyl added with a surprisingly somber expression. She was the more playful member of the group.

“Did you turn off that violent old movie you’re watchin’ and turn on I Love Lucy reruns? Did you go to a church and hold hands with some strangers, stand in line to give your own blood? Did you just stay home and cling tight to your family, thank God you had somebody to love?” Fuchsia added.

“I’m just a singer of simple songs. I’m not a real political person. I watch CNN, but I’m not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus and I talk to God and I remember this from when I was young. Faith, hope, and love are some good things he gave us and the greatest is love,” Sonata and Bon Bon sang.

“”I’m just a singer of simple songs. I’m not a real political person. I watch CNN, but I’m not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus and I talk to God and I remember this from when I was young. Faith, hope, and love are some good things he gave us and the greatest is love,” I sang as the growing crowd stared at me. I will never publicly admit believing in love because that’s too feely for me but I do. “And the greatest is love.”

“And the greatest is love,” Fluttershy whispered in a quiet voice that made me strain to hear her.

“Where were you when the world stopped turnin’ on that September day?” Octavia sang as we all inhaled. Singing takes a lot of energy, especially for Lightning when she does her screaming metal rap stuff that she loves.

“We got one more so just wait,” Rainbow announced as a few people clapped.

“Ah hear people saying we don’t need this war. Ah say there’s some things worth fighting for. What about our freedom and this piece of ground? We didn’t get to keep ‘em by backing down. They say we don’t realize the mess we’re getting in. Before you start your preaching, let me ask you this my friend,” Applejack sang as she stood up with her bass.

“Have you forgotten how it felt that day. To see your homeland under fire and her people blown away? Have you forgotten when those towers fell, we had neighbors still inside going through a living hell,” Rainbow sang as she clenched a fist. “And you say we shouldn’t worry ‘bout Bin Laden. Have you forgotten?”

“They took all the footage off my TV. Said it’s too disturbing for you and me. It’ll just breed anger that’s what the experts say. If it was up to me I’d show it everyday. Some say this country’s just out looking for a fight. After nine eleven man I’d have to say that’s right!” Lightning sang with a hint of anger in the back of her voice.

“Have you forgotten how it felt that day. To see your homeland under fire and her people blown away? Have you forgotten when those towers fell, we had neighbors still inside going through a living hell,” Bon Bon sang quietly. “And you say we shouldn’t worry ‘bout Bin Laden. Have you forgotten?”

“I’ve been there with the soldiers who’ve gone away to war and you can bet that they remember just what they’re fighting for!” I sang and clenched both my fists. I kinda kept the fact that my dad was in the army a secret because I don’t want pity so this lyric I specifically requested. We planned to have played taps here but well, no drums. “Have you forgotten all the people killed? Some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field! Have you forgotten about our Pentagon? All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on. Don’t you tell me not to worry about Bin Laden. Have you forgotten?”

“Have you forgotten?” Lyra sang and closed her eyes.

“Have you forgotten?” Pinkie asked quietly as Applejack set her bass down. We waited nervously as I stared at a large majority of my classmates with depressed expressions.

The expressions quickly changed as Celestia started clapping along with Luna as Cheerilee quickly followed along with our classmates.

Author's Note:

Fun fact: I was born in February of 2001. My mom always tells me we were asleep together on the couch when her mom called and told her to turn the news on as we watched the TV together. I don't remember this obviously because I was a few months old but yeah.

All rights belong to Alan Jackson and Darryl Worley.

PreviousChapters Next