• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 393 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 393

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twelve


Lavender


I happily trotted down the street with Sea Swirl following at a more reserved pace, my tail swishing back and forth as I stopped at Applejacks apple stand and reared up to place my hooves on it.

“Hello Applejack!” I said and smiled widely at her.

“Howdy Lavender!” Applejack nodded at me as she tipped her hat. “How are ya?”

“Great!” I exclaimed as Sea Swirl trotted up to me.

“Two apples please,” Sea Swirl smiled and plopped some bits down. “Gala and a golden delicious.”

“I can pay!” I hastily said as Applejack and Sea Swirl both gave me flat looks.

“Uh huh,” Sea Swirl said flatly. “And with what bits?”

“Hang on Junebug,” Applejack said suddenly and I glanced back at a orange earth pony mare tapping a hoof. “Ah promise ah’ll get to ya.”

“I uh fuck,” I muttered under my breath. “Okay you got me. Besides even if I did have my money, I don’t think you take dollars.”

“What’s a dollar?” Applejack asked curiously as a frustrated noise came behind me.

“It’s the currency back on earth,” I explained to the two mares. “It’s paper.”

“You don’t use coins back home?” Sea Swirl asked curiously.

“Well we do,” I admitted as I glanced at her. “Pennies, dimes, quarters and nickels but we mainly use bills. One dollar bills, fives, tens, twenties and up. You get the point.” The mare named Junebug behind me threw her hooves angrily in the air and stomped off.

“I have more sights to show you!” Sea Swirl said eagerly as she suddenly pulled me along in her magic as a purple glow surrounded me. “Bye Applejack! Thanks for the apples!”

“Bye!” Applejack waved back as we disappeared down the street.

“What was that about?” I demanded as she finally let me go.

“Ponies get mad if you hold up the line,” Sea Swirl explained as she munched on her apple. “Especially at Applejacks stand. Junebug doesn’t get mad often so she probably had a bad day. Most likely somepony made fun of her.”

“Oh. Why would someone do that?” I asked curiously.

“Junebug has a stutter,” Sea Swirl said simply as we stopped and sat down on a nearby bench. I bit into my apple and sighed contently and tossed a look back at a house on a hill.

“Thanks for the apple,” I said sheepishly. “I’ll pay you back. Somehow.”

“Don’t bother,” Sea Swirl smiled as she tossed her core into a trash can. “What are friends for?”

“True,” I said simply as I sighed. Sea Swirl followed my gaze and her eyes fell on the house.

“Let’s go check it out. I could always use another household to store my pearls I collect from diving,” Sea Swirl shrugged as she stood up.

“Okay!”


We stepped inside the house and I looked around. Apparently ponies were super trusting and just allowed open houses whenever.

“Wow nice living room,” I commented as I looked around in awe. There was wooden trim going around and a wooden paneling over the top of one wall with a fireplace.

“Dang!” Sea Swirl whistled as she trotted into through the dining room into the kitchen. “Nice kitchen. I really like the island.”

“Me too,” I agreed as I peeked in. “I’d match the white top on the island to the granite of the countertops though.”

“Oh absolutely.”

We slowly worked our way to the bedroom and looked around. It was a large light purple room with a large bed along with a bathroom behind the closed door on the wall to the left of the bed.

“Pretty big bathroom,” Sea Swirl commented as she closed the door with her magic. “Nice big shower. Sassaflash and I could have some fun in there.”

“Lord have mercy,” I muttered under my breath.

“Joking sorry,” Sea Swirl muttered as her ears flattered against her head. “I screwed that up, didn’t I?”

“No!” I exclaimed and placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Not at all! I just wasn’t expecting that out of nowhere. Clearly you spent too much time with Lyra.”

“More like I spend too much time around my marefriend,” Sea Swirl admitted with a smile as she traced a hoof on the wall. “How’s Sunset and the others?”

“Tired,” I frowned a bit. We had been a bit worried about Sunset, Derpy and the others. Ironically, only the ones who had partners were feeling drained as Sunset put it. “They’re just sleeping. We’re leaving for Starlights village tonight. Apparently Sunset and the sick ones are staying along with our worlds Amethyst. Octavia is going with Starlight and myself to the village. I think Sunsets aunts and Dinky are going too.”

“I’d come with myself but I got work unfortunately,” Sea Swirl said and sighed. “Plus Sassy can’t come because she has weather duty and wonderbolt reservist things to do.”

“Makes sense,” I sighed as we trotted out of the house and closed the door behind us. “My teleportation is getting better. Wanna see me teleport us to the castle?”

“You know it!” Sea Swirl laughed as she gave me an encouraging nod. I closed my eyes and envisioned the castle and my horn flashed.

“Hey guys!” I said happily swishing my tail as I took in my friends stunned looks. Sea Swirl stumbled forward and I caught her.

“Wow that was impressive!” Sunset gave me a smile as she and Derpy stared at me. “You’ve really come far with magic. Color me impressed Lavender. You got a knack for this.”

“Thanks,” I smirked and kicked a hoof on the ground with a blush. “Are you sure you want to stay behind?”

“Yeah unfortunately,” Sunset frowned slightly. “I’m gonna keep an eye on Derpy and the others. Plus I’m sick too. Most likely the pony flu. I heard from this worlds Minuette some fillies had caught it along with Equestrian Scootaloo.”

“Okay,” I sighed and turned to look at Sea Swirl. “I’ll be back soon friend.”

“I know!” Sea Swirl reared up and hugged me. I quickly hugged her back and sighed as her mane tickled my neck.

“Hurry up Lavender!” Lightning called out from downstairs. “Trixie is getting impatient!”

“Coming!” I called back. “See you soon Sea Swirl. You too Sunset and Derpy.”

“Have fun,” Derpy smiled and yawned. Sea Swirl gave a wave as her horn flashed and she disappeared.

With a faint smile, I turned around left Sunset and Derpys room, closing the door behins me. I walked down the stairs to where the others waited impatiently. I couldn’t help but feel I was forgetting something.

PreviousChapters Next