• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 394 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 394

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty Nine


Rarity


My eyes widened slightly as Lightning, Lyra and a few other people fell ontop of Rainbow, Cloudkicker and Roseluck. The rainbow haired athlete groaned as Lightning sheepishly yanked her hand out of Rainbows skirt.

“Sorry!” Lightning yelped nervously. “Didn’t mean to you know.”

“I know,” Rainbow grunted as we all stared in shock at Sunset stepped through with one hand under a snoring Lavenders head and her other hand under her legs.

“What the hell happened to her?” Cloudkicker snapped as she climbed to her feet and pressed a hand to Lavenders head.

“You have to ask her,” Sunset said softly as she stared at Lavender snoring quietly. She looked peaceful. “And make sure she doesn’t hate me, please.” Cloudkicker nodded with a confused expression as she took her sleeping cousin in her arms and grunted as she walked away to her car.

“I got her!” Cloudkicker called out as Blossomforth opened the passenger door.

“You are so awesome!” Rainbow squealed as she hugged Sunset and made the face she made when she told Princess Twilight she was awesome.

“What do you mean?” Sunset asked in confusion as I hugged Octavia.

“Your fight with Buggy was awesome!” Rainbow shouted with a grin as I winced.

“You saw that? How?” Sunset questioned as she slipped out of Rainbows hug.

“The closest we could figure out was the magic of the portal kept it going,” Twilight explained as she examined the blank statue.

“The author originally planned on you to win the fight but he realized that would show his bias to you and he wanted to show that you can’t always win them all!” Pinkie exclaimed as she hugged Sunset and lifted her up. “Maybe you will next time!”

“What are you talking about Pinkie?” Sunset asked as we all stared as Pinkie set her down and shrugged.

“Nothing!” Pinkie said innocently as she whistled. Fluttershy approached Sunset and stared at her before slapping her across the face as we all gasped.

“What the hell?” Berry Punch demanded angrily as Fluttershy hugged a stunned Sunset.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again!” Fluttershy sobbed as Sunset hesitantly hugged her back. “I thought you were going to die when you and her fought.”

“I’m not dead,” Sunset reassured Fluttershy as I watched and cast a critical eye over her and Derpy. “Don’t worry.”

“You could have been darling,” I admitted and stepped forward. “Please do be careful.”

“Ya need help on ya leg?” Applejack asked worriedly and looked Sunset up and down. “Ah think Ah got crutches still when Bloom broke her ankle runnin in the fields.”

“I’m fine,” Sunset grunted out and turned faintly red. Presumably from the attention as I hid a laugh behind my hand. “Thank you for the concern. Derpy already threatened to hurt me if I ever did something reckless like that without help again.”

“Wait,” Roseluck raised a hand as she lifted up a exhausted Silver Spoon and set her down so she could get up. “Where’s Adagio, Sonata and Aria?” Sunset and the others faces fell as they looked away.

“They stayed behind,” Bon Bon said quietly as she tied her boots. “Aria joined the Royal Guard, Sonata is opening a taco stand and Adagio is living with Twilight.”

A stunned silence fell over us as I sighed. We all looked at each other as Cherry Berry kicked her boot along the ground nervously.

“We never got to say goodbye,” Rainbow said quietly and stared wistfully at the statue.

“I know,” Lyra admitted and patted her on the shoulder. “They left us all books for us to talk to them. They left some for you guys as well.”

“I so need to design your two wedding dresses!” I exclaimed as Sunset and Derpy stared at me. “Come by later after you two are all rested up and we will get you two squared away!”

“Woah wait what?” Berry Punch demanded as she gazed at me. “What are you talking about?”

“Oh nothing!” I whistled innocently and winked at a blushing Sunset.


I sat with my legs folded underneath me as Sunset’s sisters played with Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom in the next room. Mainly Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle going on about how cute the three girls looked as ponies.

“Fluttershy was right you know,” I said casually as the rest of the Rainbooms glanced over at me. Sunset’s other friends were at their houses asleep. Going through portals was exhausting and so were late night trains. “I was afraid I’d watch you die.”

“Sorry,” Sunset said sheepishly as she stretched out on her fiery sleeping bag and a book vibrated next to her.

“Don’t be,” Applejack squeezed her shoulder. “Ya were fightin for your home. Ah would have done the same.”

“I’m sorry for slapping you,” Fluttershy whispered and brushed some pink hair out of her eyes. “Really sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Sunset grinned as she opened the book and wrote something. “I think my fear of making you mad just grew by a million percent.”

“Who you talking to now?” Rainbow asked curiously as she peeked over Sunset’s shoulder.

“Spitfire. We’ve been talking back and forth all night.”

I started putting away my design books and cleaning up my desk. I’d spent hours designing Sunset and Derpys wedding dresses. Even if they weren’t getting married until a long time, still felt exciting to create something.

“Still can’t believe Spitfire is your older sister,” Rainbow said as she slid back to the TV in my room and resumed her video game. “Did you two actually fight as kids?”

“Yes.”

A loud snoring sound came from Pinkie as she squeezed her alligator plush and she kicked her leg a bit as we all laughed.

“Wanna play cards against humanity?” Rainbow asked suddenly with a mischievous grin. “We haven’t played since I introduced you to it Sunset. You should honestly bring it to Equestria for your class reunion.”

“I’m going to regret this but let’s play,” I sighed and rolled my eyes as Rainbow pulled the deck out of her backpack.

“I missed you all by the way,” Sunset said after a moment of silence. “Thank you for not coming to Equestria to try to stop Chrysalis. I’d have been mad. You made the right decision keeping this world safe. It’s what I’d have told you to do.”

“We know darling. We missed you too.”

We all group hugged her minus a snoring Pinkie as I sighed contently.

PreviousChapters Next