• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 394 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 394

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixteen


Berry Punch


I sat on the floor of a kids room next to my nieces and daughter as I cautiously watched my counterpart. She sat a few feet away talking to the pony version of my daughter, Scootaloo and some tiny unicorn filly.

“Is Sunset going to be okay?” Ruby asked worriedly as she gently tugged on my mane and I looked down slightly at her.

“Yes,” I said firmly with a confidence I wish I truly felt. In all honesty, I have no idea. “She will be back soon enough and then I’m going to give her a piece of my mind for scaring the hell out of us all.”

“Are you lying?” Diamond asked quietly and stared at me. “I don’t like being lied too and nor does Silver. We’ve been lied to enough by people.”

“I’m not lying,” I reassured her and awkwardly hugged her. It was a bit uncomfortable to do with hooves. She scarily had good intuition. I’m not a huge fan of lying but it is necessary at times.

“You know I’m not going to bite right?” My counterpart said casually and I glared at her. “You know, the changeling queen took Minuette, Lyra and Twinkleshine as mind controlled slaves during Princess Cadences wedding. Believe me when I say that pissed me off. Minuette is a good friend. Hope that bug gets squished.”

“Oh,” I muttered as I softened my glare.

“And if I was a changeling, don’t you think I’d have taken advantage of us being alone?” Pony Berry pressed as she stroked Pony Ruby’s mane. “If anything, I thought you guys were changelings. It’s not everyday you meet yourselves and find out they are from another world.”

“Fair point,” I conceded after a few moments and a faint smile played across her face. “Are you and Minuette dating here too?”

A faint blush spread across my counterparts face as she hastily shook her head. I tilted my head in confusion as she opened and closed her mouth before biting her lip.

“No we aren’t,” she said finally. “I’m a single mother. It’s how things are meant to go for me. Before Derpy got married, she and I used to have a single mothers thing where we met up every week end. Well we still meet up but it’s kinda different now.”

“Still hard to wrap my head around the fact that Derpy is married to her dad here,” I snickered as Pony Berry gave me a confused look. “In my world, Time Turner is her dad. I’m willing to bet it’s not the same thing here, is it?”

“I hope not,” she grimaced before she smirked. “If he was, she would have told me. He’s an inventor out of some town. I forgot where.”

“You guys should come with me,” Twinkleshine poked her head in with a unusually stern face. “Bon Bon and Lyra are back. And they brought the mirror.”


We all stood around the mirror in the cellar as we stared at our reflections. Sea Swirl hesitantly pressed a hoof against it and watched the surface ripple.

“Queen Chrysalis will be pleased!” Moondancer exclaimed happily as she clapped her hooves together and everyone gave her horrified looks. With a sigh, she flattered her ears against her head as her face fell. “Joking, joking. Sorry. Trying to expand my humor.”

“God don’t fucking do that to me,” Bon Bon muttered with a hoof pressed against her chest. “Almost gave me a heart attack. I’m too young to have a heart attack.”

“Wait how do we actually-” Sea Swirl started before Moondancer stuffed a lemon in her mouth.

“Beaker incident,” Moondancer said dryly.

“For the first time in my life I am grateful for that story,” Lemon Hearts grumbled under her breath. We all fell silent as we stared at the mirror.

“So how long have you been a secret agent?” Equestrian Minuette asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“About five years. My parents enlisted me to help me deal with my urges,” Bon Bon said flatly as she waved a hoof in the air. “Mainly my father.”

“What urges?” Lemon asked curiously as Bon Bon nodded to Lyra. “Oh.” An uncomfortable silence fell over the group as Bon Bon scuffed her hoof on the ground.

“When did Lyra become one?” Twinkleshine demanded as she gazed at the sheepish green unicorn.

“Don’t be mad at her for not telling. It’s the law,” Bon Bon warned as she stared at Twinkleshine sternly. “She became one after the agents stopped by. She was mainly furious because one stepped on her flowers. It took a lot to get her to drop the baseball bat. Lyra snuck along and by the time I realized, it was too late to send her back.”

“And you wouldn’t have either,” Lyra scoffed as she opened a book. “Because if you did, I’d have changed the locks on the doors.”

We all shuddered a bit at her tone as Bon Bon gulped nervously. Apparently even secret agents get worried. Or nervous or whatever you wanna call it.

“What do we do about the changelings impersonating Twi and the others?” Minuette asked worriedly as her eyes flicked outside.

“We wait. We come up with excuses to keep the other civilians away from them,” Lyra said simply as continued reading. Bon Bon opened the briefcase again and fished out a silver ball in her nuzzle before dropping it to stomp it with her hoof.

“What the heck was that?” Ruby asked as she peeked down the stairs. Bon Bon recoiled and stared in surprise at them.

“Fine come down here,” Bon Bon sighed and rolled her eyes. “You too Scootaloo and Liza.” The fillies rolled down the stairs and slammed into Twinkleshines legs as she gazed down at them.

“You can never tell anypony what you heard,” Lyra said sternly as she looked up finally. “Understand?”

“Yes mom,” Scootaloo rolled her eyes as Liza snickered. “The others are asleep by the way with the exception of Ruby. Her mirror counterpart was drooling on my mane.”

“I hope to god Lyra and Bon Bon don’t have kids right now,” Sweetie Drops muttered under her breath. “Then I’d be the one having a heart attack.”

“So we wait?” I asked worriedly as I glanced at the clock. Bon Bon nodded as she locked the cellar door and closed the windows before lighting a small candle.

“Yes.”

PreviousChapters Next