• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 393 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 393

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty


Sunset


“Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked and inspected Derpy up and down. She gave a slow nod as she put a shirt on. To say I was worried was an understatement. Boat accidents aren’t minor, even if Derpy insists she’s fine.

“I love your caring side believe me I really do, but I’m fine. I could have gotten my own shirt, you didn’t have to give me one of yours,” Derpy muttered as I glanced at her soaking shirt on the wooden floor of the tent.

“Sorry,” I said sheepishly and rubbed the back of my head before Derpy kissed me.

“Don’t worry,” Derpy smirked as she stretched. “Wanna go on a nature walk tomorrow morning? Bon Bon and the others are playing paintball later tonight.”

“Bon Bon?” I asked in awe. Derpy nodded with a wide smile. “Paintball?” Another nod. “Wow.”

“Just wait,” Derpy winked. “She’s really good at it.”

“I guess I’ll join. And yes, I’m down for a nature walk,” I answered with a faint blush. “I assume Fluttershy is bringing Spike and maybe Octavia. I think Applejack and Apple Bloom are currently looking for ways to rough it as they call it.”

“May the lord have mercy on their souls,” Derpy muttered under her breath as I snickered. “I’ll see you later tonight?”

“Yeah. I also have to play hide and seek with Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle so there’s that,” I commented as Derpy’s eyes lit up.

“Ooh. Sounds fun!”

Fun is one word to describe it. I don’t really play hide and seek. I’m an adult practicically and it’s impossible to find Diamond Tiara. She can hide well.

“You haven’t told her about their dad stopping by to visit his stomping grounds, have you?” Derpy asked suddenly.

“We haven’t,” I admitted and Derpy gave me a flat look. “They’ve been through a lot and deserve a week or two off from their shit. I don’t trust him. Timber and Gloriosa are gonna do their best to keep him gone until we leave.”

“They should be warned in case they can’t Sunset. Give them time to prepare. See you tonight!” Derpy waved as she exited the tent and I watched her leave with a faint smile. I flopped down on the bed as I heard the tent flap flung open.

“Ever been in love Twilight?” I asked with a smile as I stared up.

“No I don’t think she has,” I jumped slightly at the familiar voice and stared at my sisters counterpart. “Hey.”

“Hey Spitfire,” I sighed and laid back down. “What’s up?”

“Not much,” Spitfire said and sat on Twilight’s bunk. “I’ll get straight to the point, lovebird. Why the hell were you always such a bitch to me?”

Oh God help me now.

“So you know I’m from a far away place.”

“Yeah,” Spitfire answered with a frown. “Pony land or whatever.”

I resisted the urge to correct her on it being called Equestria. Half my classmates called it pony land.

“Yeah. In Equestria, your counterpart is my older sister,” I admitted and took in her stunned look. “When I first saw you, I thought you were her. I thought Princess Celestia sent her to bring me back and arrest me.”

“And you knew I was a threat?” Spitfire suggested with a nod.

“Partially,” I answered and she frowned slightly. “After dad died, it was just me, mom, dad and Spitfire. Poor and all that on a farm. Spitfire took off to be in the Wonderbolts and I came to the conclusion she abandoned us. Which disgusted me because I figured she abandoned mom.”

“Which she didn’t?”

“She didn’t no,” I admitted quietly. “I didn’t find that out until we reconnected recently. She was sending almost all the money she made back to mom to support her and lived with Soarin as a roommate. The last time I saw her before I left, we fought over it and swore to never talk to each other.”

“Uh huh,” Spitfire rolled her eyes and folded her arms. “Clearly that didn’t last because you reconnected. What does that have to do with me?”

“I still held resentment towards my sister and boom, I met her counterpart. I took it out on you the worst because of what happened,” I sighed as I sat up and looked at her. “I’m sorry. I never really apologized to you but I am now.”

“I know,” Spitfire answered as she gave me a mischievous smirk. “Which is why you’re gonna let Bon Bon be on my team tonight. I could make your run laps when we get back till you puke but frankly that’s disgusting.”

“Fine.”


“Alright,” Bon Bon grinned at me maliciously as she handed me a paintball gun. “You should be safe because the mask and vest. You should run.”

I gave a nervous nod and ran into the woods, stumbling over a tree branch. Curse these dark woods. I could faintly make out the campfire as I crouched in a bush.

I tucked a few strands of my fiery hair in my hat as I froze. A few branches crunched as a few teammates ran by and stood around, quietly talking. I faintly made out Sonata, Mystery Mint, Blueberry and a few others in the group.

“Where did Sunset go?” Mystery asked curiously as she rested her gun on her shoulder.

“I don’t know,” Cloudkicker admitted quietly. “She went over this way. She’s a smart girl, bet she climbed a tree and is waiting to get the jump someone.”

“Actually I’m right here,” I admitted and came out of the darkness.

“Don’t scare me like that,” Indigo grumbled and glared at me. “Almost shot you.”

“Sorry,” I said sheepishly as a paintball hit Indigo in the chest and she fell on her back. I dropped to the ground as the others ran and I watched Bon Bon in a tree with Lyra.

“Holy shit,” I whispered in awe as I watched Bon Bon jump off the tree in front of my team and roll as she shot all of them and they fell groaning.

“That’s what you get for making me mad!” Bon Bon shouted as she shot a fleeing Rainbow four times in the back.

“Hey Sunset,” Lyra said casually and I froze as I felt her boot on my back. “Nice spot. You forgot to turn your phone off.”

I glanced down and stared at my phone, sighing as she shot me.

“Ow!” I shouted as she shot me three more times. “I think one would have sufficed.”

“Sorry,” Lyra shrugged and removed her boot. “Nice hiding spot though. Try a tree next time.” I nodded as I groaned and stood up, shoving my phone in my pocket as I stumbled to the tent and collapsed.

“You look awful,” Twilight said casually as she turned a page in her book. “Lyra and Bon Bon found you I see.”

My only response was a weak groan and nod as Twilight laughed. I’m so getting Lyra back next time.

PreviousChapters Next