• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 393 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 393

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty Seven


Spitfire


I gave my wings a few flaps and glided on the breeze as Scootaloo tightened her hold on my neck as she peered over my head. It was slightly awkward having a filly on my back. Most times I allowed this was at picture takings after shows or when our worlds Scootaloo needed a flight to Rainbows.

I landed on a cloud and waited for Scootaloo to hop off onto it. She looked around as I rolled my eyes in slight frustration.

“Well?” I asked as I tilted my head to look at her. “Are you getting off me or what?”

“Off on to what?” Scootaloo asked incredulously as she looked at the cloud. “You mean the cloud? I’ll fall through, are you insane?”

I rolled my eyes and shoved her off my back as she screamed, closing her eyes as I watched and waited with an amused smirk. She quit screaming after a few moments and opened her eyes slowly.

“I-I’m not dead?”

“No,” I shook my head. “You’re a pegasus. You can walk on clouds. It’s how we can push clouds. We can also make them in factories, along with snow and all other types of weather.” If getting her on the cloud was this hard, teaching her to fly would be almost impossible.

“You could have told me this before you threw me,” Scootaloo fumed and gave me a flat look. “Why are we up on a cloud?”

“The difference between pegasi and the other breeds of ponies is we could stay up here in our cloud cities without ever needing to come to ground,” I explained as I gazed at the horizon. “It’s what makes a pegasus a pegasus. We are naturally free spirits. Most of us prefer the sky to live in because it’s all we known. We pride our selves on being self dependent.”

“Isn’t that a bit arrogant?” Scootaloo asked curiously.

“It is yes,” I admitted and stomped a hoof down. “It’s gotten better in the past thousand years but I can think of a few ponies who are still thinking that way.”

“Interesting,” Scootaloo mused as I turned around with my back to her and looked down. I always loved the clouds. It was one of the few places I could go my siblings couldn’t.

“Hey!” I snapped as I glanced back at Scootaloo nearing the edge. “Get the buck away from the edge unless you wanna learn how to fly the crows way, kid!”

Scootaloo hastily stepped back till she ran into my chest and looked up at me staring down at her sternly. I’d rather not have a filly die on my watch.

“Oops?”


I tossed a look over my shoulder at the smaller pegasus rising and falling as she struggled to keep up. I glanced down at Sunset galloping under me in the field with Sunburst in the distance and I grinned faintly at them.

“Alright let’s land,” I called out and Scootaloo gave a grateful nod as we looped around and landed in front of Sunset. I’d been teaching Scootaloo how to fly for the past few hours.

Not many ponies get flight lessons from me so it was a bit weird at first. Sunset gave a faint smile as she nodded at me.

“Thanks for teaching her Spits,” Sunset gave me a mischievous grin as I rolled my eyes. I hated that nickname as a filly. Only her and Sunburst were allowed to call me that.

“No problem. She’s a fast learner.”

“So when you gotta leave?” Scootaloo asked curiously as I patted her on the head. “Can we fly some more?”

“I gotta get back tonight,” I answered as her face fell. “I have a lot of work to at HQ. I left Fleetfoot and Soarin in charge. Hopefully they didn’t burn the place to the ground.”

“Here,” Sunset said and levitated some saddlebags onto my back. “It has an enchanted book so you can communicate with me. Sunburst has one too.”

“Thanks,” I said and shifted the bags so they sat more comfortably under my wings. “You are coming back, right?” While I was still slightly mad at her for being a bully and all that, she was still my sister.

“What, you gonna miss me?” Sunset teased with a grin.

“Shush,” I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “I’ll see you around Sunset. You too Sunburst and Scootaloo.” I extended my wings and crouched to take off and started trotting when an light blue glow surrounded me and yanked me. Sunset gave me a mischievous grin as she spun me around and stood up on her hind legs.

“You’re not going without hugging me,” Sunset snickered as her grin grew. With a frustrated sigh, I stood up on my own hind legs and hugged her. “And say I love you.”

“I’m going to beat you.”

“That sounds like the opposite of love to me,” Sunburst quipped with a grin and I shifted my glare to him.

“Fine,” I groaned and sighed. “I love you.”

“Love ya too sis,” Sunset sighed as she let me go and we dropped to all fours. “Say hi to Soarin and the others for me.”

“I will,” I promised as I took off and gave her a quick smile. I took off and glanced back at the three waving before turning around and trotting off. I shifted my focus ahead as I flew.

I lost track of how long I was flying as Wonderbolt HQ came into site. I was easily flying for hours, at least three. I landed on the cloud and shook some rain off my wings and trotted inside.

“Hey Spitfire,” Soarin waved a wing as he and Fleetfoot met me in the locker room. “Have a good flight?”

“Yeah.”

“And what about your family?” Fleetfoot questioned as I glanced at her.

“It was fine. Sunset says hi by the way Soarin.”

“Still can’t believe I met your sister without knowing you two were related. I didn’t know she knew about me either,” Soarin muttered as I shrugged.

“Sunset always was a smart one,” I commented with a faint smile. “Still is.”

“We’ll get the recruits lined up for a night flight,” Fleetfoot said with a salute.

“Good. I’m glad you two didn’t burn down the place in my absence.”

“Haha,” Soarin rolled his eyes as he and Fleetfoot filed out the room.

I looked back and forth to make sure I was alone before opening my locker and placed the enchanted book with my cutie mark on it on the top shelf. My eyes flicked over to a picture of me, Sunset and Sunburst when we were cutie markless.

I pressed my hoof to it and sighed before removing my hoof, slamming my locker shut.

PreviousChapters Next