• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 394 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 394

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty


Sunset


With a yawn, I rolled over in my sleeping and accidentally crushing a pop can in the process. Why I had a pop can in my sleeping bag, I’ll never know but I blame Rainbow or Vinyl. I reached over and grabbed my book, opening it while grabbing a pen.

Morning! I waited and smirked as I came up with multiple responses Spitfire could come up with, each more angry than the last. The book vibrating in my hands shifted my attention from my daydreaming.

Why the buck are you so chipper? I snickered as I rolled my eyes before writing a response.

Why not?

Good reason. Your friend Aria annoys me. She’s got an attitude problem. She won’t get far in the Guard with an attitude like that. I grinned as I tapped my pen against my chin.

Yeah she always had a problem with authority. I gotta make breakfast, I’ll let you have fun beating up recruits. Have a good day. The book vibrated practically instantly.

You too. I closed the book with a smile and slipped out of the bag, stretching as I noticed Applejack was missing. I stepped over a snoring Rainbow as I made my way to the door. I opened the bedroom door quietly to not wake up the towers and slipped down the stairs.

“Mornin sugarcube!” I jumped slightly and stared at Applejack and Apple Bloom in the kitchen with various pots and bowls.

“Morning,” I yawned as I stepped inside the kitchen. “I forgot you two are always the first ones up.”

“Farm life,” Apple Bloom said simply with a grin as she poured batter into a pan. “How ya want your pancakes?”

“Got any strawberries and blueberries?” I asked hopefully as Applejack nodded.

“Bloom and I ran to the store while yall were asleep. Ya like it with cut apples on top, right?”

“Right.” Sweetie Belle grabbed my hand before I could offer to help and dragged me to the table.

“Hi!” Sweetie Belle grinned as she sat down across from me and smoothed down her white pajamas.

“Uh good morning?” I offered as I rubbed my eyes. We had been up late playing inappropriate adult card games, which mainly consisted of Rarity and Fluttershy looking green. “What’s up?”

“Not much,” Sweetie Belle waved a hand as she leaned in close. “Tell me about Equestria.”

“What do you wanna know?” I asked with a faint smirk.

“Absolutely everything.”


“So what kind of car were you thinking?” Mom asked curiously as I relaxed in the passenger seat. I’d gotten my driver’s license recently and saved for a few months to get enough money to buy a car.

“I don’t know,” I admitted as I glanced out the window. “I have a lot of friends so maybe a cheap suv?”

“You’re not gonna find a suv for cheap unless something is seriously wrong with it,” Rainbow commented from the backseat. Rainbow, Lightning, Octavia and my Aunt Cherry somehow all squeezed into the backseat.

“She’s right,” Mom chimed in as we pulled into a car lot. “My first car was a nineteen ninety Ford Mustang. You remember that car Cherry?”

“Yeah, how could I forgot?” Aunt Cherry scoffed as she rolled her eyes. “It had the worst exhaust and brakes loudest ever.” We all stepped out of the car as Mom pocketed the keys and I glanced around.

“It got me around,” Mom shrugged as we glanced at a white Dodge. “Can’t start with the best.”

“At least Rarity isn’t here,” Rainbow quipped with a frown. “She’s the worst person to go car shopping with. Applejack is probably the best. All she cares about if it gets her where she has to go.”

“I still say you should get a motorcycle,” Lightning grumbled as she stared at a motorcycle. “There’s a Kawasaki Ninja. I love mine. Good learner bike, fun to ride and pretty zippy.”

“This is pretty nice,” I said and approached a blue Ford Explorer. “Looks like an ex cop car based on the words interceptor on the hood. Only eight thousand too.”

“The shade of blue is pretty nice love,” Octavia agreed as the others joined me. Lightning and Rainbow sat on the ground and slid under the car.

“Got new brakes,” Lightning called out with a grunt.

“Looks like it has a leaky gas line though,” Rainbow commented as the two slid out and stood up. “Easily fixable though. My car had that. Big Mac and AJ fixed it up in a few hours.”

“What does that mean?” I asked curiously. I knew Lightning knew a lot about cars because of her mechanic job but I didn’t know about Rainbow.

“You’ll only be able to hold half a tank of gas unless it’s fixed,” Rainbow explained as she wiped her hands on her jeans. “I got a Charger and mine had that issue.”

“There’s a z twenty eight over,” Octavia pointed to a yellow camaro with racing stripes as we all gave her stunned looks. “What? Dad has a garage of classic muscle cars.”

“Never pegged you as a car person,” Rainbow muttered as I ran a hand on the hood of the Ford.

“I’m more than meets the eye love,” Octavia smirked mischievously as I snickered.

“I like this one,” I announced and Mom nodded. “Has plenty of room and doesn’t have too many miles based on the sign in the window.”

“Okay,” Mom nodded. “Wait here and I’ll go get a sales person. Thank god we didn’t go to Flim and Flams. Those two are practically scammers.”

I had to agree with that statement. I’ve only met them a few times and well, scammer was practically a compliment for them. Lightning leaned against the car and closed her eyes.

“Think Lavender is pissed?” Rainbow asked curiously as she broke the silence.

“I don’t know,” I grimaced slightly. “We will find out tomorrow.” We had texted a bit but it’s hard to gauge someone’s feelings through text. I’d find out tomorrow at school. And just hope to Celestia it doesn’t go poorly.

Mom returned with a saleswoman and she gestured for me to follow her as we walked inside.

PreviousChapters Next