• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 394 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 394

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Three


Rainbow


I sat crosslegged on the grass in front of the statue, watching Sunset teach Lavender, Ruby and Dinky magic. True to her word, she had cast a spell immediately that allowed us to see into Equestria.

“Can’t get over the fact they’re okay being naked,” Rarity muttered with a stunned expression.

“They’re adorable!” Fluttershy gushed happily. “I just wanna pick up one up and hug them and scratch their ears.”

“Alright Lavender,” Sunset sighed as she set down a teacup and Cloudkicker leaned forward eagerly. “Try to not destroy it this time. This is just like the time Twilight and I tried to teach Lyra and Vinyl how to control their magic. Amethyst has a surprisingly good hold on it already.”

“Thank you,” Amethyst said smugly as she juggled some teacups in a teal glow. “I’m surprised you didn’t have Minuette stay behind. She’s a unicorn.”

“Older ponies naturally have a good grasp on their magic. If anything happens, Starlight is there,” Sunset answered with a wave of a hoof. “Besides, I have you four to teach. That’s a lot for one mare.”

“I did it!” Lavender exclaimed with a grin as she held a teacup in a lavender glow. The last attempts she had broke it to pieces.

“You think they can hear us?” Blossomforth asked curiously.

“Yes,” Sunset answered with an eyeroll. “We can hear you. Picture it like us having headphones on so we can hear you directly in our ears. So don’t scream please. Pinkie, I’m looking at you.”

“Okie dokie lokie,” Pinkie said cheerfully as she balanced on her hands.

“Great job Dinky!” Sunset patted the tiny unicorn on the head. I will never say this out loud but Dinky and Sunset made for adorable unicorns. And Ruby too. “You too Ruby!”

“So wait who’s looking after your pets?” Lavender asked curiously as she set the cup down.

“Derpys mom and dad are,” Sunset answered. “They volunteered. Plus, they played dirty by using Dinky and Amethyst as leverage.” Sunset snickered as she affectionately rubbed Dinkys hair.

“Can we explore now?” Ruby asked eagerly. “Please?”

“We got a handle on our magic!” Dinky added with a big smile. “We promise!” The two gazed up at Sunset with their unnaturally large eyes and smiles.

“That is so adorable!” Fluttershy squealed quietly as Blossomforth nodded rapidly.

“Agreed,” Blossomforth agreed and pressed a hand over her heart. “About to become diabetic.”

“Diabetic from adorableness,” Rarity chuckled.

“Why didn’t I get to go and Scootaloo did?” Sweetie Belle grumbled as she crossed her arms. She and Apple Bloom had joined us a few moments before. Apparently Blossomforth had texted Roseluck and her sisters in an attempt to get them to join us as well.

“Because it wouldn’t be fair to push you off onto Sunset darling. Maybe next time if we get to go, you can come with us,” Rarity reassured her little sister.

“Yay!”

“We can explore after we practice teleportation,” Sunset promised. “You two don’t gotta because it takes a lot of magic. I want Amethyst and Lavender to try at least.”

“You can teleport?” Sci Twi asked in awe as she pushed her glasses up. Sunset gave a smug nod as her horn flashed. The five stood on top of a snowy mountain top as Sunsets horn flashed again and they were back in the castle.

“Little warning next time please,” Lavender groaned as she staggered. “Feel like I’m gonna vomit.”

“Sorry,” Sunset said sheepishly. “Such deja vu right now. The last time Lyra tried teleportation, she got us trapped in a snowbank on Mount Everhoof.”

“Okay,” Lavender sighed and stared at Sunset. “I’ll go.”

“Think of something you like. Whether it’s baked goods, sleeping, movies anything,” Sunset instructed. “Picture the place and focus on your horn and you’ll go there.” Lavender nodded as she grunted and bead of sweat worked down her chin as her horn flashed and she disappeared.

“Woah,” Cloudkicker whispered in awe. “My cousin is so cool.” Lavender reappeared and staggered into Sunset who instantly caught her in her hooves.

“Great job Lav!” Sunset patted her on the back. “You can rest, you did great.”

“T-thanks,” Lavender mumbled as she folded her forelegs under her and wrapped her tail around herself. Sunset’s tail swished as she faced Amethyst.

“Same with you,” Sunset said with a smile. Amethyst nodded and closed her eyes as she gritted her teeth and her horn flashed as she disappeared. “Where did you go Lavender?”

“Ocean,” she said simply as she yawned. “Met a mare named Sea Swirl. Apparently she lives in Ponyville. We’re apparently hanging this weekend I think? I also accidentally startled her mid dive.”

“I vaguely know her,” Sunset admitted as she waited for Amethyst to appear. “She went to Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns with me. She’s seeing Sassaflash I think Lemon Hearts said last time I was here since Sassaflash broke it off with Caramel.”

“Huh interesting,” Lavender yawned as she rested her head on her forelegs. Sunset jumped slightly as Amethyst reappeared with sticks sticking out of her mane. “What happened to you?”

“Got stuck in some bushes,” Amethyst admitted sheepishly as we laughed. Sunset smirked as she pulled the sticks out with her magic and tossed them out of the window. “Thank you. So what does your cutie mark represent?”

“The red of the sun represents my ambition towards my tasks. The gold represents blowing my tasks out of the water. Kind of like getting a gold medal,” Sunset explained as she sighed. “It’s why I was an effective bully. I used my special talent for anything I felt I could get away with.”

“Well you’re better now,” Amethyst said as she placed a hoof on her shoulder.

“Oh I know,” Sunset laughed. “Just explaining my cutie mark. The bully comment might not have been the best example. I once finished fourth in the Running of the Leaves in my hometown.”

“The what?” Cloudchaser asked curiously.

“Running of the Leaves. It’s how we ponies get ready for winter. The running of the ponies knocks the leaves off the trees so the pegasi can bring the rest of the winter in,” Sunset explained. A loud snoring sound made Sunset and Amethyst look back at a sleeping Lavender. “Time to carry her to her room it looks.”

Sunset levitated Lavender onto her back and trotted out of the room to the stairs with Amethyst behind her. Applejack gave Sunset an impressed look as Sunset opened a door with her magic and placed Lavender on the bed.

“Let’s let her get some sleep,” Sunset suggested as she closed the door behind her and Amethyst after they walked out. “Where to now?”

“Well the girls are downstairs. We can catch up with Starlight and the others.”.

Author's Note:

So I left work earlier and my work area is popular with homeless people. I never carry cash for context. I hate how I always see the homeless people on my side of the road especially after the car in front gives them money. I always feel like the biggest fucking asshole because I don't have cash on me to give them.

PreviousChapters Next