• Published 22nd Aug 2023
  • 393 Views, 121 Comments

Save The World, Duh! - TheKing2001



Lyra and her crew help Starlight and Trixie as the two other unicorns discover a plot to destroy Equestria. The humans turned ponies work to save one of their own.

  • ...
2
 121
 393

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty Seven


Sunset


I groaned slightly and stretched while I stepped of the bus. To say it was an experience was an understatement. Twilight randomly waking up screaming sure does give a person a memorable bus ride. I personally think she’s hiding something but I won’t push. She will tell me when she’s comfortable.

I glanced as Indigo parked her truck and Sea Swirl shot out of the truck and instantly started kissing the ground as Indigo stepped out with the rest of her group.

“Oh sweet ground, sweet ground!” Sea Swirl shouted as she repeatedly kissed the ground. “I’ll never leave your loving presence again. Don’t tell Sassy about our secret love, ground.”

“Oh fuck off,” Indigo grumbled as she rolled her eyes. “My driving isn’t that bad.”

“You tried racing the bus for fun and got pulled over for speeding,” Sugarcoat said dryly as she pushed her glasses up. “You also left us behind and had to come back to get us.”

“That was an accident!” Indigo exclaimed as she opened her tailgate.

“That shit eating grin on your face makes me call bullshit.”

“Shut up Sour,” Indigo grumbled as she handed the girl her suitcase.

“How was your first car ride?” Trixie asked curiously as she helped Sea Swirl up. Trixie and Fuchsia instantly took a liking to the girl to Lavenders happiness. Sea Swirl glared at her as she shakily stood.

“I’ll never be the same again,” Sea Swirl groaned and held her stomach. “How you humans do that everyday escapes me.”

“Ah can’t wait forage for food and build mah own shelter and rough it!” Applejack exclaimed as she eagerly rubbed her hands.

“Yeah pretty sure they give us food and shelter AJ,” Rainbow commented with a grin as I shrugged my backpack with a arm around Derpy’s waist.

“Well still gonna forage!”

“Indigo taught me a lot of words,” Sea Swirl said casually as Octavia put a backpack on her. We had taken the liberty of buying her clothes and such for the two weeks she was here.

“Oh yeah?” I said in amusement. “Like what?”

“Fuck, shit, bitch, cunt, whore, fuckhead, fucker, bastard, bullshit and that’s pretty much it.”

We all stared in stunned silence at her as her cheeks turned slightly pink. We had curse woods in Equestria but some she listed were only used here.

“Wow,” Pinkie muttered in shock. “And I thought Rainbow had a potty mouth.”


I yawned slightly as I examined Derpy up and down as she glanced back at me.

“What are you looking at exactly?”

“You,” I said with a smirk as she rolled her eyes with a blush. “The orange shorts suit you well.”

“Tether ball!” Rainbow called out and I groaned internally. I had mostly tuned out Rainbow shouting out activity ideas.

“One second,” I told Derpy and tapped Rainbows shoulder. “I get you’re excited but maybe let someone else suggest some stuff Rainbow. Like Sugarcoat or Rose.”

“Arts and crafts! My mom needs new pot holders.”

“Or Bulk Biceps.”

“Alrighty!” Gloriosa clapped her hands as we all looked at her. “Girls, go with my brother Timber to get tent assignments. Boys, with me!”

I stood a bit back from the crowd as I watch them reach into the bag. Timber seemed nice I guess but seemed to have a very weird relationship with his sister. Scootaloo and other kids hadn’t noticed but Mom and I did.

“I got some red rock,” Lavender mused as she turned the card over in her hands. “Hopefully Trixie or Sea Swirl or Sunset get the same one as me.”

“I got it too,” Cloudkicker said sheepishly as she held up her matching card as Lavender glared at her. I gulped nervously as myself and the others took steps back.

“Can I switch?” Lavender asked hopefully. She frowned as Timber shook his head.

“Sorry no switching. It wouldn’t be fair to the others campers who already left and it would turn camp into a giant swapping game,” Timber frowned at the two as I reached into the bag.

Lavender groaned as she started muttering incoherent curse words as Cloudkicker tossed Blossomforth a pleading look.

“I got sapphire,” I called out as I watched Sea Swirl walk off with Watermelody. I had hoped my fellow Equestrian would have been in a tent with one of my friends to make it easy on her but oh well.

“I got sapphire too! I mean, I’m assuming I am,” Twilight said as she rubbed her chin and I felt a science lesson coming. “Technically, sapphires aren’t just blue. They can be pink, purple, yellow.”

“Yeah, but they’re mostly blue. That’s why they’re named after the Latin word sapphirus,” Timber said as I jumped slightly. I hadn’t heard him walking up. “That means blue.”

“I know,” Twilight whispered back as we all looked at each other. “But did you know that sapphires are just rubies without chromium?”

“The fuck is chromium?” Indigo whispered to Applejack.

“Ah ain’t got a clue.”

“No,” Timber smirked and ignored the whispering behind him. “But did you know that sapphire tent is the best one?”

“Why’s that?” Twilight asked as Timber took the card from her.

“Because you’re in it,” he said as Twilight blushed slightly and watched him walk off.

“Well that was adorable,” Sunny commented casually as we all snickered.

“What?”

“Oh nothin,” Applejack smirked as she and Rainbow walked to their tent. I stretched slightly as I hugged Derpy.

“We can do some camp activities later. I’m gonna go to my tent. Who you bunking with?”

“Fuchsia. Trixie is bunking with Octavia I think,” Derpy answered as she hugged me back. I had a feeling that could either go very well for Trixie or be the worst thing ever. I feel bad for Vinyl. She has to share a tent with Pinkie. Pinkie can be overly energetic in the morning and based on stories I hears, Vinyl isn’t.

“Okay. Love ya,” I waved as we released each other and started walking to our respective tents that were ironically across from each other. I could hypothetically sneak across at night to go visit her no problem.

“Love you too!”

Twilight and I entered the tent and took in the sight of Spike rolling around on a pillow and slobbering all over it. I slowly inspected the tent for spiders before I glanced at Twilight shrugging sheepishly.

“Yeah that’s your bunk.”

I really didn’t want a pillow that was dog slobberified, thank you very much. I just hope the tent doesn't have spiders, otherwise I'll burn the camp down.

Fuck spiders.

PreviousChapters Next