• Published 1st May 2016
  • 2,647 Views, 22 Comments

All Devouring Black Hole Dark Archon - Morphile



Displaced as Ulrezaj, with extra Story Breaking! May end up with non-chronological order, many problems defused in Suelike manner.

  • ...
11
 22
 2,647

Omake 5: Power Overwhelming

Author's Note:

Thoughts
"Speech"
"Telepathy"
Loud/Echoing

In this Omake, you learn why Zaj is utterly terrified of the Elements of Harmony. Also what would have happened if Zaj's existence didn't derail cannon.

Also, to understand the kind of power a Twilight Archon has, Tassadar killed the Overmind as a Templar wielding those powers. As always, the Archon is hideously OP compared to the Templar. Glassing a planet shouldn't be a hard thing to do for one that bothers trying to. Thing is, the power is even more unstable and self destructive that the Void as used by Dark Archons, so the only canon Twilight Archon lasted for all of 10 to 20 minutes and spent that time utterly demolishing things in a way no one had ever seen before. Zaj is several orders of magnitude more powerful. If a regular Twilight Archon is a class 13 psionic entity, then Zaj is a class 20 at the peak of this, which is utterly insane given that the system of classification is a logarithmic scale. Because of this, Kerrigan's Primal Zerg form may have been class 13 and the sensors just couldn't measure it. The system is only meant to go to class 10 anyway, so the sensors used may be calibrated for class 10 signals.

Reminder: Zaj is fourth wall aware, in the sense of knowing he's probably in a fanfic for some universe. And I still want that TVtropes page. I'll make it myself if I have to. Include God Mode Sue under Zaj's character entry for this incident.

Dammit, they don't even stop long enough for me to recover the power I'm losing. It doesn't help that they somehow locked down my passive draining effects. "Stop right there, monster! You can't get away this time!" It's true, they cut me off from the Void, preventing me from running to another planet. Not that they know I can do that. "What will it take for you insane fools to understand that I literally can't stop killing? All the beings with enough power to survive me possessing them are beyond my reach or are too important to take over. And the world isn't anywhere near black and white in morality. Luna went mad because of loneliness, Discord doesn't know right from wrong, the Changeling Queen was seeking a food source. Hell, you idiots ruined several ponies lives with your twisted morals."

"Shut up already, we aren't falling for it." They don't get it... "Trixie has been stuck working on a damn ROCK FARM because of your attitude. The Film Flam brothers, two of the greatest geniuses in the world, are stuck as scammers because every pony in this land is utterly beholden to Celestia's opinions, and running them out of town has left them so lost that even I can't find them. And I can't even remember my own name because my SOUL is disintegrating whenever I start to run out of power!" Running out of time before memories start fading again...

"Girls, time to lock him up." They... "You don't even know what I am. You don't know how much power I have, or how the elements work. Time to show you just how wrong you are..." As the Elements activate, I ready my active draining. The setting that devours every scrap of ambient magic around for miles. It takes a few seconds to set up, but isn't enough to keep me going. Now though, it will give a chance of something magnificent happening.

When the Elements hit, my payback comes into play. "Well girls, we-" Cutting off the snake's head first, I shatter Twilight's spine instantly.

"My candle burns from both ends,
It will not last the night.
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends,
It burns with such a pretty light..."

Death is imminent for all of us. Their souls can't stay stable after being near this burst. Time to burn those trinkets. "How are you still free?! H-ho-how did you kill Twilight..." Draining the unattuned element first, the power of Magic is mine. Feeling the darkness in me burn, I know that I'm doomed. But I will end as many foes as I can in the time I have left. "The power of the Elements is an antithesis to the energy I'm made of. But what I am is a thing that is able to use powers that are an antithesis to each other for a time. Fact is, even at the barely stable amount of power I was at, I still had about as much as Elements could hit me with. So I balanced it out. Now, I wield the dark apathy of the Void in unison with the emotional light of Harmony. At the moment, I'm draining the Elements themselves, preparing to consume all the powers that force the idiocy that doomed me. Right after this, I'll end the greatest things of Darkness to support the balance needed for my current existence."

And so, with that statement, I set to work. Devouring Sombra, I balance the light within me, giving me a precious few more minutes. Then, going to the Tree of Harmony, I devour all the magic within it and the Plunder Vines, a near equal balance to begin with. Heading to the Equestria Girls Mirror Portal, I force it open, kill the Sirens and drag Sunset Shimmer through, then beat Celestia over the head with her former student for a quick laugh. Heading for Tirak, I kill everything that seems to be like Sombra on the way and then take everything Tirak is and has, his magic, his mind, his life and his soul. Next, I mind warp Starlight Glimmer to make sane, 'good' use of that Cutie Mark suppressor. Namely for therapy and letting ponies learn how to do things without a 'talent' for it. Next I find the Alicorn Amulet and toss in over to wherever the hell the Equestria Girls world is, after balancing out the power in it so it isn't an Artifact of Doom.

Now headed to the other end of the 'crossover' by actually teleporting for once, I get to Aiur, use the Overmind's soulless husk as a focus for killing all Zerg connected to the hive mind, down to the last larva by absorbing everything from them. Kerrigan is included and buys me a few seconds on her own. The rest of the Swarm gets me about twice as much. Next, I find the Tal'Darim loyal to Amon and obliterate them, forcing them to go Twilight to further extend my time and power. Now I might have a day or two to work with. Heading back to Aiur, I momentarily revive the Overmind to tap into it's link to Amon so I can take the fight to him.

-Insert awesome fight scene involving copious amounts of teleporting, conjuring various nuclear weapons, armies upon armies of Void Shades fighting even larger armies upon armies of Terran and Protoss and Amon getting one shot by a Feedback from Zaj through a portal-

Well, all those issues are dealt with. I don't have much time or power left, and a LOT of people are wondering how they got teleported into a flat out war. Let's see if the Spear of Adun can hold me stable...

Comments ( 5 )

I really want a Rarity chapter soon...

Well,8596777, if you have ideas for how to handle it (my central idea for a change on Rarity is having her income mainly be from work as an enchanter), then post them. Because I'm not entirely sure where to take the fanfic. I've got plenty of ideas for worldbuilding, but characterization is my weakest point. And given that fiction's hooks are about the characters...

Honestly, I might as well go paddle up the shit creek of Fanfiction.net, where I only need a decent premise in a readable form to get a decent amount of traffic. At the very least, it won't feel insulting to myself because I won't feel as guilty for indulging in horrible cliches and bad writing standards.

Also, I'm really tempted to pull a rewrite that removes some nasty cliches(meet all the Mane Six in the first chunk of the story being a big one) and focus the first chunk of the rewrite on establishing all the divergences, which includes rewriting/replacing various existing omakes.

8599225
She could make make fairly potent enchanted items. However, as a thought, they're all cursed in some Monkey's Paw fashion: giving the user the precise effect they desired, but incurring some form of penalty for using it. For example, a pendant of increased speed of strength wouldn't impart the agility, acuity, nor durability/regeneration necessary to properly utilize it, not even accounting for the high energy and oxygen consumption from the effects.

Consequently, her business doesn't do terribly well, even if she's the only actual enchanter in town, making the only affordable residency for her. This is considered an embarrassing sore subject, and pointing this out improperly outside or inside haggling will result in prices being inflated, as the ambiance and attitude becomes colder, and her face a mask of apathy. Her self esteem is lower, and she doesn't try nearly as hard to put on airs of Canterlot nobility, as that dream has been all but crushed, and she's just doing the best she can.

Because her vanity has been reigned in, she isn't particularly melodramatic, excepting when it suits her to gain a better profit. Thusly, she's more focused on gaining money, so she can afford paying for her sisters tuition, because of an incident with her parents. Because of this, her sister is in foster care, and this is how she meets Scootaloo in this AU (Scoots lesbian aunts taking her in, as well), seeing as she can't afford to take care of her.

Speaking of the incident, in her experiments with enchanting, and her parents being kind, they tested out her items with her, resulting in an eventual degenerative disorder, for which there is currently no cure. Because of this, most of her profits end up going to medical expenses and Sweetie's future. This has made Rarity more humble and mellow than in Canon, but gave an even brighter flame to her passion. Additionally, she is more pragmatic, so this event is, eventually, why she never pursued a career in fashion.

And that's how Rarity was made.

8600046

Hmm... Missing the Required Secondary Effects for enchantments would be largely indistinguishable from making things that are cursed, and is quite plausibly a result of a lack of education on the matter of getting the needed multiple effects on an item. So if you want her to make something that makes you stronger, you have to handle the increased energy needs yourself and will probably get sore really fast.

Of course, without the secondary effects rolled in, the upper limit available is much higher, so magical amplifiers can easily end up Alicorn Amulet tier, if you don't mind that power being forcefully dug out of you, possibly permanently ruining your ability to use magic after mere minutes of absurd power. And those "required secondary effects" can still be put on separate items to solve the issue, or be bypassed by having multiple enchantable parts to a single item. However, the increased cost makes it impractical for most of the stuff Rarity makes, so the "cursed" reputation persists.

8600244
Precisely put, purveyor of pony publications!

Login or register to comment