• Published 1st May 2016
  • 2,647 Views, 22 Comments

All Devouring Black Hole Dark Archon - Morphile



Displaced as Ulrezaj, with extra Story Breaking! May end up with non-chronological order, many problems defused in Suelike manner.

  • ...
11
 22
 2,647

Learning the AU part six: Spike and Trixie

Author's Note:

Thoughts
"Speech"
"Telepathy"
Echoing/Loud

If you wonder why I decided to go with the old standby of Trixie as Celestia's student, it's that Sunset Shimmer is one of the characters that I have other plans for. Same with Starlight Glimmer.

I am not a psychopath or sociopath IRL, although I do have professionally diagnosed mental disorders, including one of the only-barely-related conditions on the Autism Spectrum. And I once had ADHD, but I lost the H. Or swapped it for a different H. I don't know, I haven't been given a mental health checkup in years.

As I was headed to Rarity's place, I came across a stopped wagon. It's surprisingly ornate, but clearly made to last. The amount of magic on it makes it clear that it's enchanted in some way, likely to make it more durable. The ornamentation itself is high value, high durability gems clearly arranged so that the cleavage planes aren't exposed set in carved hardwood, with paint that seems to be colored lacquer. The only reason I can tell it's hardwood under the paint is that there are edges showing the wood underneath. I totally approve of this design. Going up to it, expecting Trixie, I find that the door has a magical lock on it. The door opens, but a familiar voice talks before it finishes opening. "What are you doing near my wagon? Do I have to go Paladin on you?" Well, I have gotten Trixie, as expected. "You know Light Magic? I was unaware someone with such talents was in the area, although I should have expected it given the overpowered vampire I met." I actually only got to see Light Magic once before I got imprisoned. It was involved in imprisoning me.

"No, I'm here to make sure the Summer Sun Celebration goes as planned and be the opening act. Any Necromancers, Blood Mages, vampires and changelings are not my problem." Unless they attack you. Why'd anybody attack her? Bad Pinkie, go back to your own head. I has a sad nao... She's memeing... The Fourth is getting weaker for her... "Well, that's a good thing, because the only one of those I havn't run into yet is a Blood Mage." "Uh, Trix, what's going on? What's with the big glowy thing?" Oh. She has Spike. And Spike has wings. And he's still named Spike... Attitude is a lot better, though. A life on the road is a big help with that, as is being targeted by crazy people to get at Trixie.

"Not now, Spike, I'm talking with a crazy thing." I take mild offence to that. "Now now, I'm not crazy, I'm just a sociopath. It's all but literally impossible for me to care about others positively, and in my case, vary hard to care in a negative fashion. But I'm not actually crazy." Unlike most self-diegnosed people, I happen to know what all the terms I use mean, so I'm fairly confident I actually have the conditions I think I have.

"I'm pretty sure that not being able to care makes you qualify as crazy, but I'm not a psychologist. So, what do you want with me?" At this point, I'm actually not sure. Oh well, I can hold a conversation and read memories at the same time. "Honestly? Just something to do. I'm bored, and want to talk. Don't really care about what."


-2 hours later-
"And then she says "Give me a hug", actually being serious. The things I can find in alternate universes get crazy, sad and just hilarious. I mean, I've seen ones where Sunbutt got replaced by a changeling after the fight with Nightmare Moon, I've seen ones where time gets twisted so hard a filly gets a Möbius Strip cutie mark, I've seen ones where civil wars break out over traditionalists killing a newly ascended alicorn, but I just can't keep myself from looking at the sad ones. As for the hilarious ones, most of the things centered on Discord get so weird I can't stop laughing at them, and then there's the time a changeling walks up to Sunbutt and points out that everything they did was pardoned for another pony without any official word about it. Mind Control? Scolding. Attempt to dethrone Sunbutt? Scolding. Pointing out these things is one of my favorite things to look at." Ah, the wonders of postcognition. Mix with probability based future sight and you can find a lot of bizarre things. I've found almost every fanfic I've read that way. "Wow, the stories you could write off that... Heck, any kind of performance you could get amazing inspiration for. You planning on writing a book off of that stuff?" Spike's the bookworm here, and Trixie's the one who does silly things. Who'd have thunk it? Assuming I'm in a self-insert fic, I'd have thunk it. "Maybe, but I've got to get Sunbutt off me first. Being made of Dark Magic does not bode well for my first impressions." I have no idea what to more to say, so I will just go away now.

"Well, it's about time that you head off, it's time for us to get some sleep." Spike's in charge of the schedule, as expected. Now I can get to Rarity's place, but first comes the magic check. Spike has more raw power than Trixie, but Trixie's is surprisingly hard for me to draw on. "Just as well as anything, I guess. If you move in at this town, I'll see about introducing you to those people I mentioned when we started talking."

The differences in their lives seem to start with the day that Twilight got her Cutie Mark, which is to say that Trixie's Cutie Mark was gotten when running from undead in panic. Somehow, she made an illusion out of Light Magic, which both fooled them and destroyed them. As her talent is in two very different types of magic, she can be either a Light Magic specialist or an illusionist, allowing her to have a rather large variety of job options. Her cutie mark is just a differently colored version of her canon one, being white and yellow. She wound up with the same entrance exam as Twilight, but actually succeeded at it due to knowing some magic that was helpful. Spike still got the assistant and messenger role, but he manages a lot more. The upside is that Trixie saw through Celestia's plots to hold back the generally useful stuff rather easily and went off the rails, learning whatever she wanted and letting both her and Spike have friends before going to Ponyville. They somehow manage to be in Canterlot for a week every month and still do shows anywhere in Equestria she felt like. Even Spike isn't sure how they pull it off.

At any rate, nom on leaking magic, then hunt some magical beasties, then go to Rarity tomorrow.