• Published 1st May 2016
  • 2,627 Views, 22 Comments

All Devouring Black Hole Dark Archon - Morphile



Displaced as Ulrezaj, with extra Story Breaking! May end up with non-chronological order, many problems defused in Suelike manner.

  • ...
11
 22
 2,627

Waking Up

Author's Note:

thoughts
"Speech"
Loud/Echoing
"telepathy"

No prereader! How do you think I did with spelling and grammer?

As the description states, Story Breaker Powers will be here in force, and made use of. For those who aren't familiar with Brood War and/or the Starcraft novels, Ulrezaj is the most powerful Protoss Dark Archon ever to exist. There are two or three reasons for this. The first is that he is made of 7 Dark Templar instead of just 2. The second is absorbing souls, both extending the ludicrously short life span of Protoss Archons and increasing his power. The potential third reason is that Ulrezaj is a mentally singular entity, having only one mind. This removes possibly wasted power from internal conflicts that are common in Protoss Archons due to having two minds.

The Sory Breaker's Powers

Psionic Orb, near exclusively used for crowd control. Sends an orb of destructive energy in a strait line normally, will be curved and tossed and basically used as a wrecking ball.

Mind Blast, used to make heads of tough things explode. Like Hybrid Behemoths.

Cloak and Blink, used to get places quickly and unnoticed. Shadow Charge is a form of mixing the two.

Void Stasis, used to take enemies out of the fight without killing them, or hold off a high power enemy while killing weaker foes.

Mind Control, used sparingly, largely because casually making villains kill themselves gets a Dark reputation fast. Confusion from Legacy of the Void is considered a variant of it, as is Maelstrom from the original version of the Dark Archon.

Feedback, completely strips all stored psionic and electrical energy from the target and disperses it, usually as a destructive force. Used sparingly and given variants and logical consiquences, such as causing large explosions when used on sufficiently powerful entities as a consequence and draining energy instead of destroying as a variant.

Sacrifice, distinct from the draining variant of Feedback in that it drains the life of the target. Does nothing to purely psionic/magical entities, who are stated as near 0 health and massive shields. Will not work on mechanical units in this fanfic unless they have an organic crew.

Psistorm, creates an immensely powerful storm of psionic lightning, capable of covering an area several yards across when used by a High Templar, could potentially cover most of a continent when used by Ulrezaj, who has dozens of times more power that a normal Protoss Dark Archon, which in turn have dozens of times more power that High Templar.

Hallucination, creates illusionary copies of things the user wants copies of. Copies are seemingly solid as they set off impact sensitive projectiles and fool purely mechanical entities in game. As a result, instant walls are an extension of it, as are the Void Shades in Legacy of the Void. As they are a psionic effect, they can be used as bombs in combination with Feedback. As Void Shades are made of void energy, a Dark Archon that can make them might be able to use the method of making them to make more stable and useful forms.

Where am I?

"You won't get away with this." said a... Woman? Mare? ... It should be a mare, if I am where I remember being.

Imprisoned by a method of my request in the probably former capital of the nation I slaughtered the citizens of.

"Oh I already have, the Thirsting God is awakening." replied a male. If they are talking about me, the male almost certainly isn't a pony. Any of them would not dare mess with my powers.

Who are they?

"I'll stop you, even if it's the last thing I do."

Ah, it should be those two. Hundreds of fanfics were made invalid by that episode...

"Ha, you can try! It won't get you anywhere." Said the worthless fool... Nothing but greed, hate and ego in that mind.

Time to show that I'm awake. "It probably wouldn't, if I had any interest in killing her. Daring Do and Ahuizotal, if my memories of what could be are correct?

"What do you mean, if you had interest in killing her!?" How disappointing. Now that I can see him, it's clear that this is a confrontation between the two I thought it was.

"Wh-what do you mean if your memories of what could be are right?!" Odd. Daring Do is surprised at the mention of visions of the future. Surely she must have run into a few accurate prophecies in her adventures.

Somehow, my reply stuns her again. Although that may have been due to me actually manifesting by body. Seeing an 8 foot tall thing giving off red and negative light is rather intimidating, after all."What I mean is that I have seen one of many possible futures. Not necessarily correct, mind you, but close enough that it's useful information." As expected, Ahuizotal is not the sort to just wait for a monologue, trying to strike me while I am apparently weak.

"I released you! You should be a mindless destroyer at this point!" Of course, I'm not actually weak. At least not to the point of being threatened by anything less that another Protoss Archon. We are able to kill average humans just by getting close, after all.

"I probably would be, if I was awake the whole time. Of course, in the interest of saving my energy and sanity, I kept myself asleep the whole time." What? I had warning that I was about to be locked up, so I decided to make sure I wasn't awake the whole time.

"B-but... You ruined entire civilizations! You're made of dark magic! How could you be sane!" Of course, as she was saying this, I was taunting and picking apart the mind of Ahuizotal. I'm going to kill him anyway, so there is no reason not to get everything I can out of him.

"The answer to that lies in the type of dark magic and why I killed so many that civilizations collapsed. Now, if you don't mind, I'm in the middle of tearing this fool's mind apart." Just because I can get the information without causing damage doesn't mean I want to. Besides, it's an important step in preparing to absorb souls all at once. Otherwise I have to waste a bunch more energy dissolving the mind into the conglomerate that I am.

"K-k-kill y-you, I kill you!" It's honestly sad seeing someone go through multiple forms of mental degradation so fast. He's already at the point where he can't speak correctly. And why is the name Ahkmed popping into my mind?

"... I'll just go curl up in the corner and cry..." Wow... Lightweight. Then again, she probably hasn't ever heard someone casually tell her to wait while they commit an atrocity she can't understand, but knows is utterly horrifying.

..."Well, time to kill him. Honestly, the whole situation here is just depressing." With that statement, I proceed to drain every scrap of magic from his jewellery, then his life, and finally absorbing his soul. That part takes all of 5 seconds.

"Well, I'm leaving now. But first, a brief lecture on what I am that you will be literally incapable of forgetting." I'm not kidding. She will be incapable of forgetting it because of several layers of mind control that, together, will force her to include this event in whatever account of this trip she makes. "I am an entity made of several souls bound together with raw magical energy of the dark end of things. No hate or fear or pride or greed involved in the magic, just darkness. This setup is immensely unstable, causing me to need to add energy rapidly to offset the lost magical force holding me together. When the excess energy not involved in the basic form of what holds me together runs out, parts of the many souls I am made of start to dissolve. As my mind is held entirely in those souls, when the souls start to dissolve, so do my memories. The more souls in me, the longer it takes before that happens. The lower limit for my stability seems to be 7 souls, at which point my memories start to fade. Early on, the only way I could get more energy was by absorbing souls, but towards the end of the madness surrounding me I figured out how to drain magic without taking anything from the soul. Not that it helped, given that the amount of energy lost over time means that only things often considered gods have enough for me to last off of, although it did reduce the number of souls I have to absorb. At this point, I can go several hours of off one average pony, although the methods are most effective on unicorns as their magical power is the most easily drained. And yes, this means that I still have to kill over 1000 ponies a year. The reason those civilizations collapsed is because I killed so many that the population centers were deserted as they tried to give me fewer targets. Lecture over, so now I'm leaving." I really did need to kill thousands to avoid fading away, but thankfully it's a constant amount of energy. As long as it isn't anthemical to the sort I'm made of, the source doesn't matter, only the amount.

Leaving by way of teleportation, I took the drained husk of my prison with me. After all, it could prove useful.