• Published 1st May 2016
  • 2,647 Views, 22 Comments

All Devouring Black Hole Dark Archon - Morphile



Displaced as Ulrezaj, with extra Story Breaking! May end up with non-chronological order, many problems defused in Suelike manner.

  • ...
11
 22
 2,647

Learning the AU part three: Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

Thoughts
"Speech"
"Telepathy"
Loud/Echoing

Fluttershy is next, I just wanted to establish that canon has no hold here. At all. And still have no prereader, but I still don't need one, do I? Also, I have typed everything for this fic on an IPad. The autocorrect kicks in rarely, and I check to make sure that it uses the right word. I guess that you could say autocorrect is my prereader...

Reminder: The main character is fourth wall aware, thanks to a combination of knowing about multiverse theory, reading massive amounts of fanfiction and thinking of the all too real possibility of living in a fanfic. No actual fourth wall breaking will happen for him. This allows me to do snark that only characters with a non-standard relation to the fourth wall can get away with.

Beginning to head to Fluttersy's place, I almost immediately see a hooded pony. The colors are setting off warning bells, but I'm not sure why. Getting closer, they turn towards me and look strait at me. Given that I'm still cloaked, that shouldn't be possible. "So, what's a merged ghost doing here?" Oh god, it's Twilight. How is she seeing me? "We could say the same about you, Necromancer." Fun fact: Necromancy originally referred to the magic of communing with the dead. The same holds true in this world, but shortly after my arrival, they realized that they could enslave the spirits of the dead, likely because I proved it was possible. This quickly led to zombies, revenants and angry ghosts everywhere. Now then, I need to make sure she doesn't recognize me when I show up intentionally. So, form shift time! Form of: Pony!

"Hey, I try to avoid that! It's not my fault that I got stuck with this talent..." So, Necromancy of the 'make corpses do my bidding' sort is her talent? I wonder if Trixie or Sunset Shimmer is her replacement in the designated hero role... "Actually, it's that back in our time, Necromancy referred to communicating with the spirits of the dead. We're aware of how the practice has been warped since our deaths, but we still refer to those who can speak with the dead as Necromancers." I'm doing the plural self thing because that's what she expects. As is the acting as a ghost, although I actually do qualify as one, I just prefer to think of myself as something else.

"What do you mean 'your time'?" Honestly, the only reason I bother talking with her is to figure out what happened to her. "What we mean is that we died when the earliest practitioners of the form of Necromancy known now had only begun to create it. We became one being due to the entity that inspired that madness, a thing that devoured souls to persist seeking a way to reduce their needs. Several civilizations collapsed as their peoples ran from them, hoping to escape it. We know not what happened to it, but it has not been seen in centuries." I really need to slow down on the exposition... At this rate the TV tropes character page will call me an exposition fairy.

"You were made by Ulrezaj!? Do you know where he is? Do you know how he made you? Can you-" "Your answers, in order, are yes, no, no, and no, we will not teach you." I'd question how she knows that name, but actual, real, accurate prophecies were available at the time. It's all too possible some prophet learned that name through visions and applied it to me. "Now then, We're here to learn what has happened to a group of mares that are supposed to do things of great importance. A key event failed to occur, so their lives are rather different. We have learned the changes for three of them, but there are still three of them that we have to learn the changes of. So, leave us be." And with that, she trotted away. Waiting a short while, I then check how much power she ha-... She's got more than Luna... She is, without a doubt, the most powerful unicorn ever to live. Then again, the way the power of an Alicorn works is that it gets amplified several dozen times more than any other living thing on this planet. Much like how the main difference between a High Templar and a Zealot is the quality of the nerve chords.

As for her past, she failed the entrance exam. Hard, and humiliatingly. She has no Spike, and she was almost suicidally depressed for over a year, looking for any sort of magic she could try to use. Every time but the last, she failed. The last time, she snuck into the forbidden archive and grabbed books on the Necromancy. Both kinds of it. She started trying the sane type, but could only get the basics correct, and because the basics allow the user to directly see spirits, she didn't notice. Then she tried the crazy, zombie making, actually forbidden type. With every scrap of magic she could force into it. Que zombies everywhere. That got her her Cutie Mark, but it also drove her to try to kill herself for real. Her brother stopped her, and promptly ran screaming after seeing her Cutie Mark. Same with her parents, complete with suicide attempt. Cadence just ran on sight. The worst part is that there are laws to force ponies to find work fitting their Cutie Mark, which means that she is not legally allowed to find a stable job. So, she was abandoned by her family at around 5 years old, is not allowed to do anything as a stable job and everyone who sees her Cutie Mark runs screaming. Looks like I have an amazing chance to rub Celectia's failures in her face!

Onwards, to Fluttershy! Hope she's a changeling, just so I have more to rub in Celestia's face.