• Published 1st May 2016
  • 2,647 Views, 22 Comments

All Devouring Black Hole Dark Archon - Morphile



Displaced as Ulrezaj, with extra Story Breaking! May end up with non-chronological order, many problems defused in Suelike manner.

  • ...
11
 22
 2,647

Learning the AU part five: Fluttershy

Author's Note:

Thoughts
"Speech"
"Telepathy
Loud/Echoing

Rarity will be part seven, as part six will be Spike. He's around, but who hatched him may superize you... And Flutters is all about the Shy in public. After all, if no one looks into your personal life, it's hard to find inconsistencies.

Finally getting to Fluttershy's place, I see that it has much more energy around it than most places. This is an indication of some sort of power build up there, but it seems to be pure magical energy, rather than anything focused. Even the nature magic in Timberwolves is more structured that this, although the similarities are odd, like this is the raw form. Simply phasing through the door, I look around and see the animals are everywhere in the house, even inside the floor. "Who are you, and why did you come in here invisible?" Ah, Fluttershy's here. And she seems to be the center of this power build up. Or at least focusing it to her ends. And she can see through my cloaking. "My name is Ulrezaj, and I came here invisible because I wanted to learn what changes my actions have caused. I know many things of a future where I never existed, but many things are already beyond changing back. One of the potential Bearers of the Elements of Harmony being a Necromancer, to start with." Now that she's down here, I can see that her Cutie Mark is a tree covered in unnaturally dark green vines, with several small signs of being inhabited. Funnel webs, bird nests and chewed bark are immediately noticeable. If she isn't a Druid of some sort, I'll be amazed.

"Ulrezaj... If you are the one who held that name originally, then even a Bearer could have been warped quite easily from your presence. Would the original Fluttershy be one of them?" Upon saying that, she shows that she is both a Druid and a changeling by transforming in a calm green glow that let off the magic which animates Timberwolves. Given what she said, she likely replaced the 'real' Fluttershy, who either died at some point or was imprisoned by this changeling. "Yes, though I prefer to think you are enough like her to take up the same role. Although I do wonder how you learned to use the magic of the Everfree. Would you mind telling?" I actually am curious, I never managed to find a changeling before I was imprisoned, so I don't know how their powers work. "Simple. I learned how to drain ambient magic of any sort, and stumbled upon the uses of different sorts. Would you know what that Blood Magic was from? Hopefully not a vampire."

So, she doesn't know about Vamp Dash. "It was a recently changed Pact Born vampire pegasus, one who was enraged beyond reason and almost entirely torn apart by a group of gryphon mercenaries when she changed. The amount of blood spilled and the rage caused the change to be far more powerful than any other I've ever encountered, although this may have been due to them having a massive amount of power before the change. I'm not kidding. In terms of sheer brute force, Vamp Dash beats All Card hands down. Then again, she had enough to break the sound barrier before the turn, which would be warped into the all-purpose magic of vampirism. And All Card is likely a lot more powerful than before. And, as said, she was suicidally enraged and seconds away from passing out by blood loss. "Oh. I hope they got over that anger. Having that much power on something that's one bad sentence away from killing everything in sight wouldn't be good, and I wouldn't want to have to put down an unfortunate pony." Well, she does honor the 'real' Fluttershy quite well. She obviously cares about others, including the large number of animals living here.

"She has. Her personality is entirely unchanged, and having already gotten revenge on the gryphons who would have killed her means that she has no reason to remain angry. Say, I heard you were a severely cowardly recluse, and you clearly know who I am. Why aren't you cowering in fear?" That's one big inconsistency. She should be running from me in fear. "Well, running wouldn't acomplish anything, and Fluttershy's cowardice is mostly an act. And it's good to hear someone that powerful isn't a bad person. Oh, and I can tell you've been reading my mind, though I can also tell it's just to learn my past quickly." Well, fuck. Busted, hard. "Well, I've found what I needed, so I'll be leaving now..."

As for what I found in her mind, it seems to be that the 'real' Fluttershy died from internal bleeding after falling from Cloudsdale. That changeling came across the dying filly and decided to take up Fluttershy's life, copying everything that she could from Fluttershy. This has the unexpected, but helpful, result of permanently altering her personality to be a confident, clever, willing to be manipulative and yet always kind person. This is among the absolute best personalities for a changeling, because even if they are reveled they can talk their way out and if they decide to live their own life as a pony they can get the trust of all their friends fairly easily. The 'always kind' part prevents them from doing the nasty things that most would hunt them for unless absolutely necessary, making it impossible to prove them doing such things by the simple fact that they didn't do them. Unless they get framed by racists in high places, but such people wouldn't care about if they did or didn't, they'd frame people just to make it go quickly. Oddly enough, neither of them had met Rainbow Dash.

Well, onwards to Rarity! Whose home is on the other side of an offshoot of the Everfree. What a joyous occasion!